Avene Gentle Exfoliating Scrub

3.8

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Polyacrylamide, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Salicylate, Cetrimonium Bromide, Chondrus Crispus (Darrageenan), Fragrance (Parfum), Jojoba Esters, Laureth 7, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Gluconate.

on 11/19/2008 8:12:00 PM

looking for some way to exfoliate my rosacea prone skin, will update!

on 10/19/2008 4:43:00 AM

Finally, a scrub that doesn't leave my skin red and irritated. I bought this after I tried out Avene's cleanser, which I loved. I've been using scrubs on and off over the years, and have never used one regularly because most of those that I've tried just didn't leave my skin feeling better. I have combi skin, with sensitive skin on my cheeks, which are prone to redness. Earlier this year, I tried Origins' Modern Friction and Never a Dull Moment. Modern Friction left my face stinging and red, which really freaked me out, while Never a Dull Moment left my skin slightly red and was such a hassle to rinse off. None of these problems with Avene's scrub - it has a light, gel-like texture, with small red microbeads. It truly lives up to its name and is so gentle that it didn't leave my skin raw and red - just soft and smooth. Also, it rinsed off really well.

what i like about this scrub is ,it is truly gentle.the beads are so fine that you can hardly feel it.
my skin is thin and it feels very comfy while i'm scubbing .
unlike other scrubs i tried that feels like they are cutting my skin,.
avene does not aggravate my thin skin and my complexion feels brighter and smoother.

it feels very fine and gentle.although instructions stated to be used on dry skin,i did not.because scrubbing on dry skin can damage skin so i use on damp clean face.it left my face feeling smooth.

on 1/4/2008 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Very gentle scrub, if that is what you are looking for, then it is ideal. I use this a few times a week to help my dry skin smoothen out. I do have to use a more strong exfoliator once every week or two weeks to really give me the scrub I need. Overall, good product. Not drying, not expensive, nice smell, and easy to rinse off. I will buy it again.

on 12/28/2007 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Leaves my skin soft, polished, and glowing.

It's gentle, and the scrubs won't kill your skin, because it's teeny tiny. Won't leave a tight, over drying feeling on my skin like some exfoliators tend to do.

I love Avene.

on 11/15/2007 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Very wonderful face scrub. It has a gel consistancy with very fine granules. Pleasure to use and it leaves the skin soft and silky. This is one of the best products from Avene.

on 11/10/2007 2:02:00 AM

I find the beads a little harsh on my sensitive skin. After washing, the cheeks are very red.

on 11/5/2007 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a scrub for sensitive skin and I came across with this and decided I had to have it. In camparison to other physical scrub with beads in them, the microbeads are mich smaller and the whole product much gentler to my skin. It doesn't give a harsh cleaning feel and dryness after use. The microbeads may be hard to wash off but I don't see it as problem from using this product. I use this with some water instead of completely dry face if I want a even gentler exfoliation. It's a good scrub for many reasons. However, I am still not sure if I want to keep using or buying it. I don't like scrubing beads on my face or blemish. I want to try those AHA/BHA exfoliate solution next though it can be harsh on skin. But I know I can always fall back on this gentle product.

on 10/1/2007 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I think I have finally found the right scrub for my sensitive skin. I've been using this 1x a week for the past month and have not had any irritation at all. Every other facial scrub I've ever used has caused irritation and breakouts. I really love the gel consistency with the little red exfoliating beads. It has even helped clear my "problem area" around my chin. I think this is a really safe bet for anyone with sensitive/delicate skin, or those who are prone to breakouts from products. I highly reccomend this wonderful product!
*EDIT* - Had to deduct two lippies as this has not been performing as well for the last few weeks. I've notced a slight breakout after using the product. I still think this is as gentle as exfoliators come, and will continue to use unless the breakouts continue. *EDIT #2* - I've confirmed that this is in fact casuing me to break out each time after using. I think I am one of the few people that can not use an exfoliator as my skin is just too thin.

Popular Scrubs