Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal Cat Eyes

3.1

on 7/19/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this mascara as a free handout as part of street marketing and took awhile to open it. SO glad I finally did. I have long, fairly thick, but super blonde (aka invisible) lashes. This mascara gives me defined lashes (but not super defined like some mascaras where it looks like you've glued on individual eyelashes one at a time) and helps gently curl my lashes up and out when I wiggle the brush at the root and sweep up and out. I don't curl my eyelashes so I can't speak to its hold. I don't find it flakes (unless I sleep in it, whoops) and it comes off easily with my makeup remover.

on 7/18/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this mascara for $10 in Australia. I love this mascara. It doesn't have this dry flaky look, but this mascara looks so thick and natural. It holds my curl, the wand is perfect. I would recommend this mascara

on 7/14/2014 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just purchased this mascara for the second time-- it's my favorite so far!! The first time I put it on I was shocked at how dramatically it darkened, lengthened and thickened my eyelashes... and the curl lasted throughout the entire day! I got asked if my lashes were fake once.. ;) It's better than the Falsies inmho... similar applicators, except the Cat Eyes hugs your lash line better, really grabbing the lashes and coating them with product (great for the bottom lashes as well!) The smell might get to some people, it has a chemical sort of smell that I didn't mind but it was a little strong at first.. no worries it goes away after a little time. I had to write this review because this is honestly such an under-rated mascara :D Love it, can't wait to start using it again.

on 7/9/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love the wand of this mascara. It is great at lengthening and separating lashes. It isn't the best at creating volume, however. I also find that I can't bring it out to the ends of my bottom lashes or it will transfer under my eyes after a few hours. Just an ok mascara for me.

on 6/24/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

3.5 My friend and I buy one another mascara every now and then. I bought her Manga and she bought me Colossal Cat eye. Now Colossal REG is one of my all time FAVS...Cat eye's good. Not so much a thickening, but the brush / wand works well for my large almond shaped eyes. I do NOT need my curler. This is a lengthening mascara, so if your after thickening just buy the ORIG Colossal :) The glam black isn't as black as I'd like so I will NOT get it again as I prefer the new-ish smoky eye Colossal instead.

on 6/17/2014 1:53:00 AM

I'm in New Zealand so these are NZ prices :)
I don't have thick, long lashes so I was looking for something that worked for me and the first Maybelline mascara I got (last year) was the One By One, which I like because it coats, separates, and doesnt clump. And then after some checking around, looking at reviews etc went to a cosmetics sale and got the Maybelline Volum Express Colossal Cat Eyes double pack (on sale) to try. And for $15NZD, was well worth it. Also bought the Maybelline The Falsies Flared for $10NZD at the same sale. Did a comparison and prefer the Cat Eyes, purely for the wand shape, which gives me some nice curl, even when I dont curl my lashes. Left it on over night, and the mascara was still there, a little bit flakey, but hey, I slept in it! The formula for both smells awful, but who's going to smell your lashes?? Didn't smudge, didn't rub off, removed with my Simple Eye Makeup Remover. Did it give a lot of volume? Couldn't really tell, but not really? In the photos I posted I put 2 coats on each, just to see. If you're looking for a good 'budget' mascara Maybelline can't go wrong.

on 5/21/2014 11:40:00 PM

Worst mascara I ever tried. Falls all over my face.

on 5/16/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This is my favorite go-to mascara. I love Maybelline Mascaras in general - but this one I never go without.
Lashes come out longer, thicker, fanned out. It does tend to cluimp - but a lash brush sorts that out in one comb: revealing lovely, luscious long lashes.
I have short, thin but curly lashes - this adds such wonderful length and volume!!! I recommend this to ALL my friends, as I always get compliments!!

on 5/8/2014 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Disappointing. I generally like Maybelline mascara, but this one is just blah. I have long, straight, light lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for them. It's not terrible, it's not much of anything.

on 5/6/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i waited a bit to write a review, so here goes. i am a woman in my early 40's and have noticed my lashes are becoming pretty puny. i usually run back to almay one coat. but i have been on the lookout for a new on so i guess it wasnt my HG. I use my mascara a few weeks for the formula to "thicken up" before i say its a keeper or toss..and this seems to be just getting better and better. i usually use one mascara for thickening and another for length ( i like serious big lashes) but i have found that i am only using this. have not felt the need to look elsewhere..yet. i do wish they would have more of a curling effect..i suppose i could use a curler..(lazy much?) but i will buy again and also going to try the waterproof..its pretty cheap..GO FOR IT.

Popular Mascaras