Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this fragrance it was bought for my birthday by my work colleagues! I love sweet perfumes and this is sweet but not sickly like some! I would wear it everyday but it's my fave for special occasions.

on 2/23/2014 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

On me it kindof smells like white linen (Estée Lauder?). Opens with a sickly sweet blast and then quickly settles into white linen. I WISH it didn't have any longevity!! I used a tester and tried washing it off 3 times and it's still there. Hoofa. No bueno for me.

on 2/13/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This scent took me a few tries to enjoy. For my fellow lovers of gourmand scents, this is definitely worth testing. I do not find it to be akin to BS Fantasy, Hanae Mori, JS Fancy, or anything like that. Those scents all have distinct fruit notes and Candy does not. The benzoin is most prominent on me and I find that the scent sweetens over time but does not get cloying. My SO loves this scent. I understand that people find the "candy" concept and packaging a little juvenile, but teens don't flock to the department store to buy Prada fragrances FYI, so don't be offput in that regard. (Side note I wish users would stop making ageist remarks in their reviews...perfume is for anyone and everyone) This scent is comforting, cozy, and sensual. I have no issues with lasting power but of course, YMMV. I think the drydown of this fragrance is lovely, I love catching a whiff of toffee-musk goodness on my coat or scarf from the day before. This is a new staple in my collection.

on 2/12/2014 7:05:00 PM

Cant describe it as nothing less then Gorgeous. I fell in love with this Fragrance the moment I tried it on. Harmonious wearing it on a gorgeous day after a shower and my hair curled and pinned up. I feel so lovely wearing Prada Candy. Its a sensual warm vanilla with a few exotic fruits wrapped into a mellowing simmer down. I wish it would last longer but I enjoy the 3 or 4 hours of wear I get from it. My Man he fell in love with the scent immediately. I wear it for any occasion and it seems to be meant for any occasion. Its non irritating and I adore it. Yes it is on the expensive side but it is worth every cent. If your looking for a beautiful fragrance and you love warm vanillas, sweet fruits and beautiful blends. Give this one a try. It's a Winner.

on 2/9/2014 8:07:00 PM

I tried this on at the store today. On me it's not sweet like cotton candy at all. It doesn't even come close to the sickly sweet smell of cotton candy. Most of what I detect is vanilla. I love vanilla, but unfortunately this fragrance fades too fast. It's a very nice scent. I can see it pleasing all age groups if this is your type of perfume. But I will not spend my money on something that doesn't last. Too bad.

I just downgraded my review to 2 "stars" because after wearing this a while, it DOES tend to smell like Play-Doh! When I first put it on, it had the most wonderful vanilla scent. An hour or so later, the Play-Doh kicked in. I didn't notice that the first time I tried it, but that was a much lighter amount of spray. This time, I sprayed several times to see if it would last longer. Well, it lasted longer but I'm not thrilled with the outcome. Kinda strange.

(ROFLMAO at the "hamster bedding" description below. Sorry, I just had to comment on that). :-)

I get the Prada may have been trying to jump on this sweet bandwagon,and trying to appeal to a younger audience . Fail lol, failed at it.

on 1/8/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this one. I really like the strong caramel after a few minutes. It's cozy, it's warm, it's kind of moody (in a light way?) I like it but it reminds me of Britney Spears Fantasy and all of those fragrance. What I would exactly like is a gourmand scent with vanilla and caramel and musk without the smell of my 18-year-old-self drinking too much alchool years in it. lol Still searching for my perfect perfume..

on 1/3/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very nice flowery fragrance that only needs very little to go far. I don't understand the reviewers smelling the "old lady" scent, because its nothing like that. Scents are hard to describe but the "old lady" scent I think is the scents with a ton of patchouli and incense. Those ones I agree, this is not that.

This is similar to Flowerbomb in that it is very flowery but beautiful and not overpowering. It has a slight vanilla in the background. Very nice fragrance, but very expensive.

on 12/29/2013 1:30:00 AM

This fragrance smells NOTHING like Pink Sugar. Pink Sugar is disgusting. It does smell almost exactly like Flowerbomb though.

Anyway, I worked at a fragrance store and I sprayed myself with this perfume every day. I wasn't sure if I liked it because for some reason I felt like it smelled like bug spray. But then I fell in love with it, I finished the whole tester. :P I just got it for Christmas as a gift and I was very excited. However, I will not purchase this myself. When I finish the bottle, that's it. The staying power isn't that great which sucks because this perfume is very expensive. I have to spray myself like seven times for it to last a couple hours. Three at the most.

on 12/20/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ick! This smells like an old lady perfume. It's a little strong, it smells really powdery and I swear my aunt in her later 60s wears an old fashioned perfume IDENTICAL to this. It reminds me of an old smoky motel room with talcum powder in the air to try and cover up the stale smoke. As soon as I tried this on I couldn't wait to wash it off. It is not good. I am surprised that people like this at all. I really don't have anything nice to say about this fragrance, sorry!

Popular Fragrances