Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

3.3

on 1/25/2013 9:31:00 PM

I love the color options of this creamy concelar kit. I love the concelar is on one side and the powder is on the other side. It has a very smart and cute packaging. I use the shade of warm natural it is a prefect match!! My only issue is this concelar does crease through out the day. I don't if it is the product or my application, but I have to touch up to fix the creasing that occurs.

on 1/19/2013 5:33:00 PM

Absolutely love this concealer!
This is my first under eye concealer and it is in the perfect shade for my skin. It's def a creamy concealer, I use my ring finger to dab some product on my skin. Then with the same ring finger I blend it in. It goes on well, dries quickly & matte. I have used the powder that comes with it and it does make a difference. Regular translucent powders and matte powders just doesn't really keep it on all day. The powder that comes with it is a little yellow, which in all of them the are but goes on relatively translucent and makes the concealer stay on all day and night!

on 1/16/2013 7:49:00 PM

NOTE: I only use the concealer portion, not the powder. I wish they sold it without the powder as I love the concealer but prefer a different setting powder. I also believe this concealer works best when used with the corrector as the corrector is nicely moisturizing. I have not tried to use the concealer alone since I feel (since using the two in conjunction together...and a corrector for the first time in my life) the two are made to be used together and that a corrector is a wonderful item when one has dark circles.

I have dark (genetic) circles that I've been concealing as long as I can remember. Now that I'm in my mid 30's I also have the added challenges of finding a concealer that will cover completely and not dry out my under eye area or accentuate any flakes or any tiny fine lines that might be there. On the other hand, ones that accomplish this can be too moisturizing, thus creasing or wearing away during the day. It's hard to find a balance. I've tried numerous concealers over the years and the two that work the best for me have been Laura Mercier Secret Concealer or Lancôme Effacernes (both over my eye cream). I'm a huge Laura Mercier fan and have never been too thrilled with Bobbi Brown products in general.

I decided to finally try the BB corrector/concealer combo a couple of weeks ago. I think what made me do it was realizing my Lancôme shade was a bit too light (based on a photo) and my LM was too drying for this time of year. So I bit the bullet, skeptical as to whether I would like it at all. I halfway expected to try it, dislike it, and end up returning it.

I'm normally MAC NC25 / NC30, NARS Fiji, LM Sunny Beige. I wear Light Peach for the corrector and Beige in the concealer. I questioned the need for a corrector. But it does help neutralize so that the concealer can cover without showing any darkness through it.

I pat some of the corrector onto my inner corner and under eye area. I concentrate on the part under the inner part of the eye but also dab it under the entire undereye area to the outside corner so everything is blended nicely. Then I either lightly pat it in to blend with my finger or Sephora's airbrush concealer brush. I never ever rub. Then I do some other things for a bit so it can settle. Note that it's very moisturizing and may crease a tiny bit directly under the eye during this time. If so, just barely tap to pat out the crease with your fingertip. The tiny crease will disappear...the corrector will not rub off. Next, I lightly pat on the concealer in the same areas then pat it out with my fingertip or the brush to blend...same process. Next I top with LM's brightening powder, using Real Technique's setting brush. I lightly pat the powder on with the brush. Then I'm finished. The result it lovely.

This is it. I've found my perfect undereye concealer. It covers completely yet blends in beautifully. It moisturizes yet lasts all day without creasing. I swear I look younger. I've actually had compliments since I've started using it. I look refreshed. When topped with LM's secret brightening powder to set, the effect is perfect. I'm sorry I didn't try her concealer years ago. If anyone has super dark circles and won't go in public without concealer under your eyes, please give this a try.

on 1/13/2013 9:28:00 AM

I love this concealer kit. At 50, I feel like it really brightens up my face. Never having used any concealer under my eyes, I previously didn't feel like I needed a "concealer" product - but this also just illuminates the eye area which I never thought of a concealer to do. Very pleased.

on 1/12/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this concealer and corrector for several years but to tell you the true I'm not completely happy with it, but I have try others and I always come back to Bobbi Brown, the color is perfect,I use the concealer and the corrector on top as they recommend me in BB, the problem is that it's very heavy and oily and doesn't stay for a long time.

on 12/9/2012 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

There's been a few times when I couldn't find this in the morning and kind of freaked out. lol This is the best concealer I have tried and I've probably tried at least 6-7 different ones. I'm NC40-42 and Honey is a perfect match. Let me first say that I don't have major dark circles. I do not need a lot of coverage but my undereye area is maybe 2 shades darker than the rest of my skin. A little goes a long way for me but please keep in mind that I don't need a ton of coverage. I just look a lot less tired with this on and it looks natural. The one thing I took a point off for is the lack of staying power. It doesn't last all day especially if you're in humid weather. Halfway through the day, I can see it disappearing a bit. Now, I do have to say that if you pack a lot of this on especially if you're one who applies concealer almost all the way down to your cheeks (Kim Kardashian-style), it will look cakey and dry. When the sales assistant applied this on me, she used way more product than I needed and it did indeed look cakey, dry, and just horrible especially up close. I also think this works a lot better if you use it over the Bobbi Brown eye cream (ugh.. the price of the eye cream). Unfortunately, the eye cream is necessary for me. At first, I was using it over other eye creams and it didn't work as well. With the eye cream, the concealer just goes on more smoothly and looks more natural. I normally apply a small amount of eye cream then wait a few minutes before applying the concealer. Now, I know a good product shouldn't require having to buy other products to make it work but I think the effect is worth it especially considering that the color is just right for me and us darker skinned ladies can have a hard time finding a decent match when it comes to concealers and foundations. I don't use a large amount of product so this ought to last me a long time and is worth my money. I've had it for maybe 5 months and with daily use, there's still a lot left.

on 12/1/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like the concealer itself. I find that used over eye cream (also BB) it goes on smoothly and lasts all day. It comes in a variety of colors and Honey is perfect for me. I don't like the powder. You have to be very careful when applying it, because it can get cakey. One morning I actually had to start over and wipe it off because the powder looked so bad. I set my whole face with powder daily, I don't need a seperate powder for under my eyes. I bought this at Sephora. I didn't realize that Bobbi Brown counters and online sell the concealer by itself. In hindsight, I wish I had bought just the concealer.

on 11/29/2012 6:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this because of a few reviews from my fave YT gurus with my similar complexion. I have this in golden. Of the concealers that I have tried this has probably worked the best for me. That said, yes, it still creases however, unlike the other concealers' that I've tried with this one the creases aren't massively obvious unless your looking me dead in the face an inch away. I really like the compact that it comes in, I find the translucent powder works well for me. I apply the concealer with my real techniques essential foundation brush and then dust the translucent powder with a domed all over eye-shadow brush lightly. The SA applied it on me using the dark peach corrector to hide my genetic dark circles and then the concealer on top but it creased like crazy and made me look 20 yrs older. I still purchased the concealer but did not bother with the corrector as I have an alternative at home ($45 for the BB corrector in Australia) that said, I've been using it without the corrector, only because right now I don't seem to need it. I still see the massive dark circles when i take off my make-up at night so I know that this is providing the coverage I need. I'm finding that as long as I'm blending this in and starting off with a thin layer and building and blending using my concealer brush it really does minimize any creasing. As long as I dust the powder over the concealer to set it LIGHTLY, it last for a good part of my day and has open and brightened my eyes massively, I know this from comments from friends about it and recent photos taken, i can definitely see the difference because it looks natural and not cakey or obvious. I will definitely repurchase unless i find a cheaper alternative. 2 lippies off for the fact I feel like could still find a better concealer, obviously I haven't found it as yet... but for now this has been my favorite of the ones I have tried so far. Also I wish it didn't cost as much as it does, I wouldn't usually pay that much for any of my make-up loves ($65 buckeroos in Australia)..

on 11/21/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I hate this concealer. It's sticky and creases like crazy. The powder dries out the eye area like crazy and makes you look unnatural and old.

Don't put any powder on the eye area if you have dry skin there. It will just look horrible when you laugh and emphasize every wrinkle.

This concealer is also too thick..like a paste. I didn't try it on my face because I am scared that it breaks me out, since it's too sticky and thick and oily. Maybe it can cover blemishes, but if you have acne prone skin, I won't try it out.

on 11/14/2012 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've had to erase this review and start over cause there were so many "update".

Ok. In the winter I'm a NW 15, but I can also wear NC 15, I'm right in between...
I have acne prone skin, but as I get older I have also developed fine lines around the eyes. I was looking for a concealer that covers my really bluish/purple undereye circles, BUT doesn't enhance the lines.

So: I bought the corrector in Light Bisque and the duo concealer kit in sand. ( until now I've always used Everyday Minerals Loose matte foundation in Fairly light neutral for concealing both around eyes and acne.) First week I hated both those! I actually putted them out for sell on eBay!! I couldn't stand the stickyness, the synthetic feeling and the thickness of them...I also didn't liked the colors and felt that these products made my eyes itchy, watery and irritated. I was sooo sad that I'd paid sooo much money for this sh*t!!

But as the days went by I experimented on with this, and in the end I got used to the colors!

My mistakes were:

1) I stared at the color in the pot - the colors don't come out that dark at the face...

2) I putted them to close under my eyes and even on my eyelids...this made my eyes itchy and irritated... Now I only put it under my eyes and not so close that it can "walk into the eye".

3) I hate sticky stuff and a synthetic heavy feeling. Yes, these are really heavy and sticky creams! But they cover, and give a more natural look than the mineral concealers.

Although they set into layers under the eyes after a couple of hours, but I guess I need a eye primer... Cause all creamy stuff maybe settles...or...?

I'd give the corrector 4 lippies, for giving such a glowy base and erasing a lot of the tired look after a bad nights sleep.... One lippie off for the stickyness...

And I'd give the creamy concealer 3 lippies for now, cause the corrector does most of the job, and I think that there are other concealers you could use with the corrector... A big minus for the little yellow powder in the duo kit, that even the SA said is nothing to use. Completely useless - to dry for undereyes, and can't be used as a shadow, so waste of money!! The other minus is for the stickyness...

Anyway, go and try it all out! Before you buy. :)

Update 12-11-30
I have noticed that I don't like using this every morning, cause of the stickyness. Yes it covers and gives a "sheen"/glow, but the very thick feeling, and the stickyness feels so heavy under my eyearea...the skin is SO fine and thin on these areas, and this stuff is almost like syrup/sugar... So I've continued my search. I guess I'll use this for special occasions, until I find something better.