LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.9

on 8/8/2012 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Lush Lust is jasmine grandiflorum pure and simple - gorgeous and inspiring! Very high vibratory. The way I remember "headshop" jasmine, with a few other subtle notes in the base, and high quality ingredients. Sometimes indolic on me, other times not. I got the solid rollup for starters, but this juice is full bottle worthy for me. Excellent with Lush Orange Blossom next to it - gorgeous together. Bring on the jasmine - absolutely intoxicating!

on 8/7/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow this is a gorgeous sparkling jasmine tea like scent and i dont even like fragrances that are predominantly jasmine based with the indoles - yuk!

This review is for the solid stick and i adore this scent which lasts all night on me. Incredible for a solid perfume that cost me only £5 and more sillage than my expensive fragrances!!

The red colour has been toned down so i have no problem with staining.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Good god, they weren't wrong when they called this Gorilla perfume!. I purchased the large, highest concentration bottle blind, based on my love for Flying Fox Shower Gel. The gel is quite intoxicating, I just love the jasmine and warm honey in the shower, the smell afterwards on the skin is very relaxing and pleasant. Used as a shampoo, the scent lasts for several hours. Lust closely resembles Flying Fox though minus some of that lovely mellow honey, but boy the concentration is really amped up. One spray is powerful and lasts all day....perhaps I should have purchased the lower concentration version because over application will be headache inducing. I doubt I will ever need to repurchase this powerhouse of a fragrance and would recommend trying out the various concentrations before purchasing. Still, a great jasmine scent.

on 5/31/2012 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this scent. I bought the spray and could spend all day smelling it, if it lasted that long. But I suppose that is not unusual for any perfume.

on 5/27/2012 12:11:00 PM

I'm a huge lover of perfumes and I'm always on the search for a new scent. I love LUSH already and I liked the idea of a solid perfume, so I always craved one of these babies. My friend got it for me as a present and I was thrilled. She picked up the solid perfume in Lust.

It comes with 12g of product, which is fair amount. Its a push up tube, which can at times be troublesome can push back down. I wish the packaging was manufactured a bit better. Also the solid perfume itself is a red color. It does not show redness on our skin at all, but you do have to blend it out. Now to the scent.

Oh my goodness, this is seriously one of my favorite scents of all time. Lust has a beautifully strong scent of jasmine flower. Jasmine is one of my favorite scents, probably because its such a unique floral scent in my opinion. It smells so sexy and floral, but not in the typical annoying generic floral way. This scent is very unique, I've never smelled a perfume similiar to it. It has a lovely woody-base to it. Plus the wear of this is AMAZING. This lasts 10+ hours on me. Most scents fade off within two hours or so. This scent LASTS. I adore this product.

on 4/15/2012 4:56:00 PM

I love this stuff. If you like Godiva shampoo, you will love this as well. To me it just smells like pure jasmine, raw and unsophisticated. Love it. My everyday type of perfume. I only use a touch of it underneath clothes for a very special person to enjoy at the end of the day.

on 3/31/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the small vial on vacation and am absolutely repurchasing the large bottle when I run out. This scent is amazing - everything I have been looking for in a perfume - it is like they read my mind! Such a sexy, sophisticated scent that lasts and lasts. When I spray it behind my ears I find myself shaking my head to get wafts of the lovely scent. Jasmine is listed as the first scented ingredient, followed by Ylang Ylang, Rose, Vanilla, and Sandalwood. I am a perfume hoarder, always buying new scents then abandoning them for the next one that tickles my fancy, but this one is my favorite EVER! I didn't notice that it sprayed red, so I haven't had any problems with that.

on 1/27/2012 6:20:00 PM

Pros:
-extremely sexy scent
-stays on all day
-I like the packaging

Cons:
-makes my friend sneeze
-can stain clothes red
-bottle is prone to falling off my dresser a LOT because of the slender base

Overall:
Love the scent, it's great for a "date night" or some other event where I want to smell really attractive and appealing. It's probably a bit strong for people with scent sensitivities though. Only use a little bit, on your pulse points.

on 1/24/2012 11:25:00 PM

I think Lush are too generous with the essential/ perfume oils in their Gorilla Perfumes!

I recently bought the Gorilla perfume set that contained: Vanillary, Imogen Rose, Tuca Tuca, Lust, The Smell of Freedom, Orange Blossom, Breath of God and Karma. After a happy opening and smelling session with my daughter and a friend I felt seriously nauseous. I went online to see if anyone had developed the same reaction. Itís been really good to read the mixed reception to these scents on your Blog.

Iíve loved buying both synthetic scents and essential oils to use and experiment with since the 80ís, when I worked in the Body Shop. Since then Iíve often bought concentrate essential oils that should only be handled wearing rubber gloves. Cedarwood, Pine and Petitgain are wonderful oils when diluted in a bath or massage oil, but they smell as harsh as toilet freshener when encountered as concentrates. Some rather frank descriptions online of the Gorilla Perfumes encouraged me to don the rubber gloves and dilute my Lush Gorilla concentrates. I filled a 500ml spray bottle with water and added 1/5 of a phial of Orange Blossom. The transformation was a very pleasant surprise; I would now describe Orange Blossom as containing a very generous helping of Neroli. As someone who enjoys Neroliís cologne like qualities, this provides a very refreshing backdrop to the less dominant scents of Ylang Ylang and Orange flower which slowly emerge through a screen of Rosewood.

I will continue to explore the Gorilla Perfumes. They arenít imitating fashion scents - which I like, but they do appear to contain a high percentage of essential/ perfume oils. Iíd urge anyone who buys the Gorilla Perfumes to dilute them first (while wearing rubber gloves) because the concentrate scents linger on your hands for several hours.

on 10/31/2011 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

phwoar. i love this perfume so incredibly much. i fell in love with godiva (solid shampoo) first and decided that i wanted my whole body to have that lovely jasmine scent all day long, so i bought the lust spritzer. it's the second strongest of the three lust perfuming options, and that suits me just fine. it lasts throughout the day and i can easily carry it around with me in it's little tubey bottle. (just make sure you put it in a secure spot in your handbag as it's made of glass) the assistant even said that if i ever bought the bigger bottle i could fill up my little one! how handy and environmentally friendly (of course)!
all you need to do is spray a little bit on your neck and rub it with your wrists. it's quite a dark orange so you have to do this.
people keep commenting on the colouring and i'd just like to mention that the reason it isn't clear is because it is natural. it may be a bit irritating in the solid - which i haven't tried - but in the spray you just have to rub it in and it's gone!
it's best to put this on half an hour to an hour before you plan on smelling delicious because it takes a while for it to develop. when i first tried it on in the shop the girl told me to go for a little wander and come back a bit later. naturally i bought it and just could not stop sniffing myself. honestly, i am addicted. i sometimes just put a bit on even if i'm at home alone in my jim jams. one night i sprayed a bit on a piece of card and popped it under my pillow. that's how good it smells. and i'm not the only one who finds it irresistible! every time i wear it i get complements from both men and women.
it's sophisticated, but flirty, and sexy, but not overpowering. it's just that whiff that makes you want to get closer.......i highly recommend it! it gives you a great confidence boost. and you just smell so pretty all day long. :)
only slight problem is that i think because i have quite sensitive skin and i'm also hayfever prone and such, and because it's so concentrated, it gives me a slight rash on the sensitive area on my neck. a shame, but i don't even care. i love jasmine too much to care!

ps. even with my addiction, i still haven't finished my little spritzer tube. i think i still have quite a bit left actually!
and i know that people are saying that they think it's kind of a "dirty" type sexy, but it's really not. it's really quite feminine and lovely. i have even worn it to job interviews and got compliments. it's actually a really lovely fragrance and i don't see why everyone is making it sound so nasty!

Popular Fragrances