St. Ives Olive Scrub - Elements

2.9

Water, Glycerin, Potassium Laureth Phosphate, Jojoba Esters, Paraffin, Olive Oil PEG 7 Esters, Olive Fruit Oil, Acrylates/Palmeth 25 Acrylate Copolymer, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, BHT, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Limonene, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Yellow 5, Propylene Glycol, Red 4, Red 33, Blue 1, Sorbitol, Olive Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sunflower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower (Matricaria) Extract

on 8/31/2009 7:40:00 AM

I got suckered in to buying this by the packaging. I thought heck, the warming scrub worked, why not this one?! WRONG! I tried this and all it did was make my lips numb. Now I don't think that's a good thing but if it is, it still did nothing for my skin. It didn't feel like it exfoliated my skin at all. I got better results with some oils and a microfiber cloth. This just felt like putting lotion with hard *** beads in it all over my face. It didn't moisturize my face either :( what rubbish! The price would've been ok if it worked but it didn't. Really wish it would've worked for me

on 8/17/2009 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was really hesitant to trying this product since the St. Ive Apricot scrub didn't do me any good, but it surprised me. I've always trusted products based on Olive oil since I have terribly dry and sensitive skin and boy did this work!

I don't know why so many people are giving it thumbs down, because it's pretty good.
-The beads aren't too rough, it's kind of like sugar actually (I honestly wish it was so it would exfoliate better)
-Scent isn't too heavy.
-Cleanses well, although I usually wipe my makeup off before I scrub, as it's advised you cleanse before exfoliating for full results.
-Doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight.
-I don't have the need for moisturizer after, but I DO still use it.
-Is a good price for around $6-7

I'd love to use this daily, but since I have dry/sensitive skin I force myself not to because I may react badly that way (even if it isn't abrasive/strong). I took off a lippy 'cuz it's not something miracle-like. I would repurchase!

(UPDATE 5/29/10: I don't use this in my regimen anymore. I'll use it once in a blue moon when I see it and feel like a random SUPER-GENTLE scrub. I find sugar scrubs and the st. ives apricot to be the winners for me.)

on 8/10/2009 4:16:00 AM

Like the other reviewers noted, this product doesn't exfoliate enough. I purchased it because it sounded less harsh than most scrubs and the exfoliants aren't made from plastic (which is very bad to put into our water supply). It works just fine as a moisturizing cleanser, but there are barely any scrubbers in it. I would happily repurchase this item if they added about 10 times the amount of scrubbers.

on 7/8/2009 9:13:00 PM

Ugh. Scrubby beads are large, and few and far between in this crummy scrub. I am using up my tube to exfoliate (kinda) my legs in the shower.

on 6/18/2009 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

One of my newer expirements.

I did not find this scrubby enough. Gentle enought to use everyday. I have been using it like a daily cleanser as it does suds up. Not overly impressed but I don't hate it either. It doesn't have a heavy scent and it leaves my skin feeling smooth, no dryness or tight feeling. I still need to moisturize after.

on 6/8/2009 12:55:00 AM

I've never tried any scrub this rough on my face! Never touched it again for 2 months. Today I was going to dump it into garbage but then realized I can use it for my hands instead! I'll stick w/my Philosophy Microdelivery scrub since their scrubs are much finer & it's better for my sensitive skin.

on 5/28/2009 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Im not sure why everyone hates this product.. cause I love it! I used the st. ives apricot scrub, and it was good but a little too sbrasive on my skin.. i have dry skin, and this olive scrub is perfect. if u want like a HARDCORE scrub dont get this because its really gentle.. it leaves my skin soft and its good enough for everyday use. if you have dry skin, youll probably like this.. if you have oily skin, id go with the apricot scrub.

on 5/19/2009 12:03:00 PM

I got this product as a sample and I loved it. The scrub is not so much as scrub as much as it is a cleaner. It is a bit thick, almostpaste like, but it does not have much in the form of actually scrubbing particle. Nevertheless, it leaves my face so soft and refresed, in that sense I have never had another product be as effective. I use it 2 to 3 times a week as a morning cleanser.

on 4/14/2009 9:18:00 AM

Flying in the face of most reviews, I actually like this product for the reasons that everyone else seems to dislike it. I don't want my face to be scraped by lots of irregularly shaped beads and left feeling naked. I want a light defoliation with smooth micro-beads, ending with a moisturized finish--and that's what this product gave me!

on 3/20/2009 7:06:00 PM

I bought this dirt cheap on a last chance sale at Walgreen's, and I still feel I overpaid. There is barely ANY exfoliant in it. Maybe 5-10 beads per squirt. Not even worth the time it takes to squeeze it. Plus I hate the slimy feel and the plasticky olive smell. Gross.

Popular Scrubs