Elizabeth Arden Intervene

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water/Aqua/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Mica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Silylate, Sorbitan Tristearate, PEG/PPG-8/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Laureth-4, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Fragrance/Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/18/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have very oily sensitive pale skin and have tried lots of foundations but this gives me good coverage, does not feel too heavy and did not cause me to break out or rash when i washed it off. It is by far the best foundation i have found. if it had a bit more coverage then it would even better. until i find another foundation like this that gives more coverage, im sticking with elizabeth arden intervene!

on 8/9/2010 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this as a freebie when i worked at Ulta in the color 02 Soft Shell, which just happened to match my winter pale skin perfectly. This is an over all great foundation... i'm a bit oily sometimes and this didn't emphasize that at all. It didn't dry me out either, it just stayed normal. Only thing i dont like is that I can feel it on my face, and it takes a lot to build it up. The only reason i wouldn't re-buy is because i wouldnt be able to afford it, i think its $38, but when you get it for free... hey now lol.

on 6/6/2010 7:52:00 AM

HG!!!! This is the best foundation I've ever tried. Great coverage, very light, it doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't emphasize dry patches, doesn't make my oily t-zone shiny, lasts all day. it's perfect.

edit: taking two lippies off because I realized it does make me oily and doesn't last very long

on 5/6/2010 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I received a sample of this as a GWP in soft cameo which is WAY too dark for me so I didn't know what I was going to do with it. I decided that instead of throwing it out I would mix it with equal parts of my facial moisturizer and use it that way... well OMG boys and girls I couldn't believe it, flawless, oilfree perfection all day. Plus, because I cut it with moisturizer it totally worked for my skintone!

If you are having a good skin day and just need something to even and matte your face then make yourself a TM with this and you will be in love like me. I just set it with a translucent powder and voila! In fact, I am going to buy a full size in soft cameo because this is working so well for me. For the record, I mix it with Biore pore minimizing moisturizer with spf 15. I took one lippie off because of the price.

on 3/26/2010 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE IT!!!!
my HG foundation!!

I have extremely oily skin so I used A LOT of foundations that could handle my oiliness! The foundations i bought were quite cheap because i never believed in the more expensiv the better concept!
but a lovely pharmacist introduced me to this foundation and i have never looked back!
I found my EXACT match which is very rare because i have a yellow base.

FEW TIPS:
Use a foundation brush...dont use a sponge!! (sponge make s it look a bit cakey)
and definitely less is more...when i caked it on when i used it the first time (like i normally did with my old foundation) i realized that as hours went by, it looked a tiny bit streaky.

I def recommend this foundation!

DISCONTINUED MY COLOUR! :(

on 2/12/2010 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a GREAT foundation, I found it to be one of the best i've ever used.
It has moderate coverage that looks flawlessly natural (my mom commented on how nice my "natural" skin was while i was wearing it... lol!) that stays pretty much put throughout the day.
My only complaint is that it doesn't come in that many colors/shades, because as much as I love this product, the best shade for me is still too pink.
But other than that- fabulous :)

on 1/7/2010 7:54:00 PM

Received a $30 GC for the local Arden Red Door Spa, so I thought I'd use it for foundation, as I had run out of my usual Lauder DoubleWear.

Although I'm mid-50s and postmeno, I still have combo skin with oily T-zone, with fair skin, which "eats" most foundations, liquid or mineral. I first liked that Intervene comes in a bottle with a pump, which was easy to use, and does not require me to but my fingers along the rim of the bottle, so it's a cleaner application. The pump was easy to use, with two quick squirts just enough for using all over my face, including an extra dab for spotty areas. I topped it off with a bit of MK loose powder and my BB Rose Shimmerbrick. I wore my DayWear SPF 30 under it. The coverage was medium to full, and lasted more than eight hours with no touchups, Intervene is almost or as good as DoubleWear on my skin. Both are great products.

on 12/23/2009 3:10:00 PM

This foundation will settle in fine lines and wrinkles making them more visible. Very drying-even on normal skin. Ladies-especially older with mature skin-avoid this and save your money. The best foundation for mature skin is Color Recapture from Olay. I know I've tried them all. This is the worst foundation I've ever used, period.

on 10/26/2009 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation! Being a male it is hard to get something that makes the texture of your skin nice, This was perfect for it!
i love that it is 100% oil free and does not clog pores. I got this foundation in Soft beige and at first i thought it was too pale but i soon realised it was just that the other foundations i had been using were a lot darker/too dark. It takes me 1-2 pumps to cover my face and i would considder it medium coverage but definitely buildable. The product has no weird smell (Like Lancome!) and it goes on beautifully. It lasts the whole day for me without touchups unless i i go out at night i'll use maybe another half pump just where i need it. This is a great, great product and i really reccomend!

on 9/21/2009 7:40:00 PM

This was my first HE foundation after having used Maybelline for years and realising the colour I used doesn't match me!! >.<

Great colour match (Soft Toast - I am an Asian NC40), not too greasy, good coverage. Lasts a reasonably long time, bearing in mind I did not use powder to set it in at the time. Love the pump that comes with it. Had it not for the SA I probably wouldn't have considered EA, I always thought of it as an old-lady brand, but it is good quality foundation that I found ok to work with using hands. (I am too lazy to use a brush.) And I did not get break outs from this.

I have moved on to try other fd's now, and I wouldn't go as far as calling it my HG foundation, but if I am stuck I know I can go back to this.