Chanel Le Blanc de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Base

3.9

Ingredients: aqua, ethylhexyl palmitate, talc, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclopentasiloxane, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel extract) water, propylene glycol, glycerin, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, aluminium hydroxide, butylene glycol, alcohol, phenoxyethanol, tribehenin, silica dimethyl silyate, methylparaben, disteardimonium hectorite, propylparaben, fragrance, BHT, laminaria digitata extract, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, citric acid, sodium hyaluronate, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, denatonium benzoate, CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 7/25/2012 4:15:00 AM

I love this base so much! I tried it at a Myer store after a long tired day. My face looked so tired, but after i put this base on my face, my skin turned to be lighter and full of vitality. It also smell so great with a gentle rose scent. Although this product was introduced for oily skin but its not really good at control oil on my face.

on 6/3/2012 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I find this product a shame. Chanel has money enough to not use cheap conservatives...My skin burned on it...

I lost 36 euros :/

on 5/12/2012 11:45:00 AM

Definitely not worth how much I paid for it. It is a creamy texture, which is definitely not good for dry skin! The bottle is not very sanitary either, I did not like the idea of dipping my fingers in, or tilting the content out on to the back of my hand. They do provide an applicator/spatula with it, but I would prefer a pump any day.

on 5/10/2012 6:47:00 AM

I love this primer! I was looking for a product that would smooth out my skin and not feel heavy under foundationa and this does that and more. It makes a great base for any kind of face product; powder foundation, liquid foudation or even just using a MAC MSF. My skin feels so soft all day, the makeup lasts longer and keeps its true color. Doesn't make my face shiny. I've used Laura Mercier Primer oil free (still made my face look shiny by the end of the day) and Smashbox Photofinish (which I think is great as well). The only thing about this product is I wish it had a pump for application instead of that dumb white "scooper" which tends to take more out thus product wasted. It's a little expensive but it's Chanel- to me its worth it. The white formula does blend well- I didn't see any white color on blending. I love it!

on 5/4/2012 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had read good things about this on the Internet from Bloggers I Trust, and I've been looking for a primer that has some moisturising qualities (my usual Smashbox mattifier is starting to make me increasingly dry). So I wandered by the Chanel counter and asked about this.
The very, very nice woman there applied it first to half of my face, so I could see the difference, then all of it, "so that I could go away and find out how much I love it." Sadly, I do not love it.
She said that Chanel "doesn't do matte, because they want skin to look natural and dewy." I looked dewy all right, bordering on sweaty. It's also got a white sheen to it that outdoes any sunblock I've ever worn, and felt very heavy on my face.
Still, I was going to give it a chance -- but within half an hour, I started reacting to the fairly strong fragrance, my eyes began to swell and itch, and I had to wash it off.
Absolutely not for me.

on 4/3/2012 9:15:00 AM

I bought this primer yesterday, so I cannot give you any final review on it but I would like to share my first thoughts with you. Those who know Chanel makeup do not need a presentation of the luxurious package and the exquisite glass bottle the product comes in. I do not like it though that this primer does not have a pump. I found a little white stick in the package and it was written in the instructions to put it in the bottle and how much comes out with the stick should be enough for the entire face. I should try never to put my fingers in the bottle, I wouldn't find that very hygienic. The liquid itself is white but grabbing it into the skin it becomes invisible. It feels nice but my skin does not become as smooth as it does with my Lancome La Base Primer. On the other hand, I must admit that my makeup is definitely lasting longer with this Chanel Le Bland Primer. I will keep you posted about my more developed opinion later. Let me know if you are interested.

on 3/25/2012 12:27:00 AM

My first reaction was - this is a Chanel? Why does it feel like Banana Boat sunscreen? The texture is exactly how you would expect Banana Boat sunscreens to be - thick and gives you a white cast.

I accidentally poured out extra so I decided to lather some on my right forearm. Even after 2 hour I can see the ugly white cast on my right forearm. Secondly it is greasy and sticky. I feel like I need to wash my face. It makes my make up feel heavy. Yuck. Skip this and get a banana boat. It is also a pain to remove.

The next morning I woke up with 2 new pimples. Who would've guessed that Chanel can cause pimples (blasphemy!).

I was disappointed with this product for the price tag. It doesn't really seem to actually do anything. It isn't luminous enough to add a glow under foundations or tinted moisturizers, and it is only mildly hydrating. My foundation doesn't look that different without it. Also I didn't like the fact that it is white, because if you use a lot (like dry skin people like me do) then your face is turned this ghostly white.

Although I like the chunky glass bottle, they really should have designed this with a pump. The spatula idea is crazy.

on 2/12/2012 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I just want to say flat out that this product is NOT worth the money. It really has no 'wow' factor, and sorry, but the spatula is such a stupid idea?! Seriously?! Chanel, how hard is it to design this with a pump.
This really stung my eyes, more so than any other 'base' that i've used.
Also, after flipping through the Chanel booklet that came with this product, NOWHERE does it say in the list of 'claims' that it also makes make-up last longer. It basically says it illuminates your skin, giving a youthful glow.
Does this mean I should really have to wear this ONTOP of a primer that actually claims to make my make-up last longer?
Do I have a youthful glow? Meh! Is it luxurious? Meh. Over priced? Yeah!
I was a HUGE fan of the original base that was a white paste and came in a big tub.
This is not what I thought it would be, and I regret spending money on it.

Ah! This primer is BEAUTIFUL. I love its silky feel on my skin, how it minimises the redness caused by acne in the middle of my eyebrows (lucky me) and how it makes my skin look absolutely FABULOUS. I wear Chanel's VitaLumiere Aqua (in Rose Beige) over the top, and together they make my skin literally glow (with a flawless finish). It really is a skin-perfecting cosmetic, as even when I remove my makeup at night it looks heaps better than it did in the morning. A pump would be heaps more convenient than that flimsy applicator which is easy to lose track of. I apply it with a foundation brush. Other than that, I would strongly recommend it! It smells really special too :)