DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

on 11/22/2012 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have tried so many eyelash glues, I was about ready to give up on false lashes forever. This is the only glue that made them stay on all night long. All other glues I've tried just couldn't keep the inner corners down. This one did the job fantastically. Also, peeling them off at the end of the night was a breeze, and no pain at all!
My biggest issue is the applicator. It comes out really fast and you end up getting it all over the place and wasting some. I would recommend squirting a bit on your hand and then dragging the lash band through it, rather than trying to apply it directly on to the band. Also, if you are cheap like me and want to reuse your lashes later on, you have to spend quite a bit of time peeling the glue off, eye makeup remover won't get rid of it.

on 11/12/2012 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've purchased both colors (black and white) and I love them both with exceptions. I use false lashes almost daily and for the top eyelashes I use black because it gives the appearance of liquid eyeliner. I use the white on the bottom because it dries clear. They both work great for that but I do take issue with the design.

The design can make the glue spill over the band and onto the lashed themselves and since I pay a lot for my lashes I'm usually in agony whenever that happens. And this isn't even a newbie experience. I've been applying glue to lashes for almost a year so these things don't happen to me so often anymore. However, once in a while it'll happen and in some cases the lashes are ruined or never the same and lose the looks it's supposed give.

It also isn't water proof which sucks, however it does come off easily, doesn't hurt, and it doesn't irritate my skin,and is fairly accessible which is a plus for me.

on 10/29/2012 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wooo! Just wore this on a Halloween party and it lasts and lasts! What's MOST AWESOME is that at the end of the night, I simply peel them off like a sticker. No pain! The glue I used before was so hard to remove, I spent 2 hours removing them. This one was like 5 seconds!!! I LOVE IT, I'm buying more lashes just because of this amazing glue.

I bought the dark one, it's actually just a light gray color so it's not amazingly dark. The tube squeezed out SO much on the first try, it was terrible... and it says to wait 30 seconds for the glue to set. Wait about 10 and immediately put it on. Waiting too long to set causes it to dry quicker and making the corners lift (which was what happened to me).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using Duo for years. Since there really aren't many options out there for different eyelash glues I can't say this is the best lash glue out there, because really there aren't many competitors. I've tried the Brush On Lash Adhesive Ardell makes, and I really like that for corner touch ups when my DUO glue just won't stay down. Other then that, it's crappy for the whole lash band. I like DUO. It's not the best glue in the world. and honestly it's terribly messy and very hard to work with if you're a beginner. I also don't like how time consuming it is to wear lashes, I usually can wait over a minute for my glue to become tacky so I usually take my blowdryer and I literally blow dry my falsies so that it speeds up the process. I have tried both the clear and dark formula. I find that I like the dark formula a bit better, I always wear a thick liner or liner period, and it seems to dry faster and holds my lashes better - or is it just me? I don't know. I have to admit, there are some days this glue really irritates my eyes and they water so much it's impossible to glue any falsies onto my eyes, no matter what I do. Some days it's a breeze, other days it can take me 15 mins just to put them on so I don't really like how the result can be inconsistent. As for longevity, this glue does last quite awhile once your lashes are on. It is definitely NOT waterproof because I get allergies and my eyes get watery, and at any sign of water my lashes start to lift at the corners. I like this product, but I am still waiting for a better lash glue that will be faster and stay longer.

on 9/2/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The product comes in a squeeze tube so it is difficult to apply a thin strip of glue onto the lash band, thus you may squeeze out too much glue. It has a odd smell so when you are eyeballing the glue onto the lashes it may bother some. It sticks well at first but the glue wears off easily. The glue doesn't dry clear it dries like regular glue. I prefer the lash glue with the brush applicator.

on 8/30/2012 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

the only adhesive you should be using to apply your lashes is this....the rest IMO are rubbish and dont last nearly as long as this product does.
its the adhesive used by the makeup industry for good reason.
i purchased mine at the mac counter however i think you can pick this up almost anywhere they sell makeup.
excellent staying power, easy to apply, dries completely clear in a matter of seconds.
you wont be disappointed!

on 8/2/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

does it what it says - eyelashes stay on all day. it dries in a decent amount of time. i believe its around $6 and you can find it anywhere - drugstores, sephora, mac, target, etc. the only con would be sometimes it doesnt dry clear so i have to run some black eyeliner over the glue. but really no big deal.

on 8/2/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is used by professionals and gets the job done for me. I will repurchase.

on 7/25/2012 1:42:00 PM

My review is for the DUO Eyelash Adhesive in the Dark Tone version. This is the only false eyelash glue that I will ever use. The other type of glue that came either with the lashes or ones you buy separately gave me a bad allergic reaction. And it also does a good job of keeping my falsies in tack all day long.

on 6/22/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I actually love this glue. I have tried different brands and they just did not work as well as this one. It is easy to use and it dries clear. I was using this for months with no issues then about a month ago I started getting redness after i remove the lashes. At first I thought it was the eyeliner I was using then I finally figured out that it was the glue. I didn't think this was the problem as I never had allergies to latex ever in my life. I would have never thought it was the glue but after testing different eyeliner brands then I finally discovered that i developed allergies to latex.
One morning I woke up and my eyes were swollen. I freaked out and I knew it was the glue. I had to stop wearing the lashes for a few days and thank god my eyes healed quickly,. I would never buy this again. It is so difficult to find latex free glue but like I said it doesn't matter if you don't have allergies to latex, you can potentially develop it. I wore false lashes 4 x a week max and this glue irritated my eyes.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools