Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.7

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is the only drugstore liquid eyeliner that I use (I cant really afford to keep re purchasing high end ones) I find that other drugstore liquid liners tend to dry and have this very rubbery look to them. It's weird. Anyways, this one fries 100% matte and looks so fabulous. It has a felt tip as well which allows the creatiom of a nice crisp line. The packaging is pretty sleek and simple. Definitely not something I'm ashamed of having in my makeup bag. The reason why I pumped off a lippie is because this eyeliner could be MORE pigmented. I feel like a have to go over the line once or twice to really get that nice, dark, pitch black line. It's not a big deal to me because I'm very experienced with liquid liner application. But, for beginners or people that aren't the best at it, it will probably be more challenging. Anyways, I love this eyeliner. It's so inexpensive that I can stock up on a few since liquid liners tend to run out kind of quickly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite drugstore liquid eyeliner. It dries matte, doesn't flake, lasts all day considering my oily skin, and is a very pigmented black. This is my go to eyeliner in relpacement of Kat Von D's autograph pen liquid liner. I have been using it for five years and have not found any other drugstore liquid liner quite as good as this. And for $7 it's unbeatable.

on 4/15/2013 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am doing a liquid eyeliner competition as of late. This week was Almay Liquid Eyeliner vs. Jordana Fabuliner. Almay won this round IMO. Almay gave a crisp line, was easy to apply, and had very minimal smudging on upper eyelid. The problem I had was the flaking...it was pretty bad. When I gently pulled on my lid to check out the wear, it cracked and flaked even more. That said, it still beat the Fabuliner which flaked and smudged big time. Moving on...

on 1/29/2013 10:25:00 PM

This is my HG liner. I've been using it for 10 years. It's not a perfect product, but I love the results.

PROS: Thick, crisp, pure black line (which is what I like for my eyes) - it really makes my eyes pop; precision in application - the applicator is thicker and color darker; long-lasting; easy to remove

CONS: The tip of the applicator gets rubbed down way before the pot dries up; some smudging if my eyelids are particularly oily that day

I've used other liners, both liquid and otherwise. I prefer this to other liquid liners because the color seems darker and the application is smoother. Thinner applicator tips don't make my eyes pop as much. And I prefer this to pencil/gel liners because it stays on so much better and is a much more precise application.

on 1/29/2013 9:04:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this liquid liner! This is the first liquid liner I am not allergic to! Almay sells hypoallergenic makeup so it's odd that some people were allergic to it.
The color is opaque black one coat is good, two is the best! I always use this eyeliner to do my wings on the side of my eyes. I really like how it dries slightly matte. The applicator is good, its a felt, but sometimes it gets stringy and you have to remove it BUT that isn't enough for me to take away a lippie.
Just amazing!

on 1/26/2013 12:47:00 PM

I bought this product almost 2 months ago and I still haven't run out. So it lasts a long time and the price is great (Around 6 dollars, i get it from Wal Mart) I also like that this product has a felt tip, it works great and applies well for me. The only thing i have to complain about is that it doesn't always last all day. I do touch my eyes a lot though, when i don't it usually stays on. Overall I really like this product and I would defiantly recommend it.

PROS: Lasts well. Easy to apply. Never bothers my sensitive eyes.

CONS: I'm not in love with the applicator. It applies a line that is just a bit too thick for me.

ALTERNATES: Revlon Colorstay. The i-color line by Almay is quite nice and has a better applicator.

on 12/29/2012 10:46:00 AM

Best liquid liner ever! I have been using this for over 10 years. The tip is perfectly shaped for easy application. It goes on smoothly and never clumps. It does fade after about a half day. Quick and easy to touch up.

on 12/15/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this. It's affordable, doesn't smudge (despite my oily skin and eyelids) and is super easy to apply. It also lasts a ridiculously long time. I know keeping eyeliners for a long time isn't the best, but for anyone on a budget or who doesn't share eye makeup like myself, this is a great investment. I've been using mine for almost a year, everyday and I have yet to worry about running out

on 11/10/2012 1:52:00 AM

I bought this product in what I thought was black but it ended up being black & sparkly. I really do not like the foam-like wand because it's not pointy enough to be able to create a thin line. Also, the color isn't very opaque. I felt myself having to go over the same spots twice to get the color dark enough. I would not buy this product again.