Besame Souffle Foundation

4.2

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Lanolate, Talc, Silica, Dimethicone, Bees Wax, Carnauba Wax, Ozokerite Wax, Candelila Wax, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Palmitate (Vitamin C). May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77499, CI77492)

on 2/18/2007 10:23:00 AM

I got a samples from this line and used the bisque. I am a NW15-20 and it seemed to work just fine. I would rather a foundation be a bit on the light side than too dark. It is a neutral color. I applied this to a well moisturized face and just used 4 very small dots and got very good coverage. I used PureLuxe April's Mix over it. I was really impressed with the results. It is a good foundation for adjustable coverage. Nice natural finish even without a powder over it.

on 2/3/2007 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use Bisque as a concealer because I find the foundation too heavy for every day use. I don't like heavy coverage, so if you do, you'd probably like this foundation for everyday all over use. Bisque works great as an undereye concealer and as a spot concealer. It blends well and feels very velvety and smooth. I'm not sure if I'd buy it again because of the price, but overall it has worked well for me.

on 1/25/2007 9:35:00 AM

I tried samples of this foundation in Yellow Cameo and Medium Beige. Texture-wise, this is a lovely foundation - highly pigmented but spreads easily and doesn't feel heavy at all. And it smells very nice too, a bit like rose water without being "grandma".

The color choices are extremely limited however, and are too pink or yellow-peach for my skin tone. I have very pale olive skin with some rose undertones and I need a very light true beige foundation. The Yellow Cameo is ok in terms of depth ( a wee bit too dark), but definately goes on too yellow-peach.

Since I only got samples, I can't judge the packaging except from what is pictured on the site, which is lovely. The samples came in cute little round sample jars.

I would buy this product if it came in the right color for me.

on 1/8/2007 10:42:00 PM

I used yellow cameo the first time today and I ordered the sample based on the reviews here. I thought their eye shadows were AWESOME and didnt expect to be blown away by this. But I am very happy with the results, it has everything I always wanted in a foundation. High coverage, yellow enough to mask any redness, easy to blend and not expensive. I am asian olive BB warm sand and yellow cameo was alright it wasnt an exact match but I liked the results after some blending and could see individuals who are light olive-tonned using this. This could also be used as a concealer but I was in a rush this morning and havent had the time to carefully cover my sun spot perfectly though I shall be trying that very soon.

At $32 a jar I thought it was not bad considering you only need 4 very light dabs for the entire face and my sample could easily last another 5 - 6 applications. But alas, I didnt managed to hit the confirm button at the besame website when I found out the cheapest international shipping rate was a whopping $21.60! continued >>

I really recommend Besame cosmetics! This line is one of the most superior cosmetics lines on the market today. The quality is high and the packaging is amazing! I purchased the Souffle Foundation in Yellow Cameo. The foundation went on so smooth and made my skin looks flawless like porcelin. I love the way it makes my skin feel! It actually cleared my skin and got rid of acne after a weeks worth of using it. I think it is because it moisturized my face. You only need a tiny dab of this foundation to cover your entire face! A little goes a long way. The foundation also works as a great conceler.

on 7/15/2006 12:25:00 PM

The texture and coverage of this product is superior to any other foundation I have tried. My skin is insanely hard to match and the Yellow Cameo shade actually a wee bit too yellow and pale for me. However, I would be willing to mix this with another shade to get a perfect match, though, the formula that good! Order samples when in doubt and then you can find what works for you. If you like a glowy look, this foundation would not be your thing, but the intent of this product is to create a matte-but-fresh/natural like in retro pics. This blends well and a tiny bit goes a looooong way.

on 10/23/2005 9:06:00 AM

I bought the Bisque at Henri Bendel to use as an undereye concealer. I have to say, I'm impressed, and I'm a tough customer. A little goes a long way. You should dip a concealer brush into it, don't stick your fingers in it or you'll wind up with too much.

I'm a NC20/25 and I used the Bisque foundation as an undereye concealer. The foundation is thick like tempra paint so only a little bit is needed. I like the texture and light fragrance of the foundation. I'll definitely order from Besame again.

on 5/2/2005 7:27:00 PM

Besame cosmetics is a line of cosmetics founded by Gabriela Hernandez, a women committed to honoring retro beauty. Her products have been created with similar colors and formulas of the 40's and 50's. This foundation is definitely something for a flawless look. I would not wear this everyday, I like something a bit lighter for that but this is extremely moisturizng and leaves a beautiful dewey finish. I would not go near this if you are really oily. I am combo, oily t-zone but not overly so. I am a MAC NW20 and I am wearing the lightest shade of this, bisque. It seems pretty neutral based, not overly pink or yellow. The ingredients include beeswax and petroleum so you can imagine that it would be moisturizing and it is ,but it is not pore clogging at all. The jar is very small, .59 oz or 17g. This sounds tiny but this foundation is very dense, it is not really souffle-like at all. I put my finger in the pot and it gets a bit melty on my finger and I then apply lightly and blend with a sponge or brush. I can imagine this would last a very long time because it is very potent, a little goes a long way.It is perfect set with Besame dusting powder. All in all, very nice product that gives me a porcelain, dewey look.