Fresh Sugar Face Polish with Strawberries

4.1

Sucrose, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candellila) Wax, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Prunus Domestica Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Water (Aqua), Tocopheryl Acetate, Potassium Sorbate, Citral, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Bht.

on 11/29/2009 11:33:00 AM

Everyone raves about this scrub and it is luxurious both in terms of the experience and the price. Yet, it didn't meet my expectations and I wouldn't buy it again for the mere fact that it's description is misleading: this is not a scrub! The sugar particles in the nice smelling brown paste dissolve the moment I rub it in. My skin feels somehow soft and hydrated afterwards (with a sticky feeling and no lasting effect though) but no exfoliation whatsoever. I don't think the short term softness and hydration justifies the steep price either.

UPDATE: Thanks to MUAer phiner79's advice I've changed the way I apply the mask and vavoom: I put the scrub on barely wet skin after washing massage gently wait for 5 minutes and then put a little water on my face with my hands and massage again (the mask becomes a paste now) wait another 5 minutes and rinse. Using it on my wet face in the bathtub was apparently dissolving all the particles and nowthat I use it on almost dry skin my skin is wonderfully polished.

on 10/11/2009 3:13:00 AM

Fresh has always been one of my favorite natural lines out there and completely worth it to me even with the rediculously high prices lol because teh ignredients are one of a kind and truly heal your skin. THe 2 products I always have on hand are the Rose Mask and this Sugar Face Polish. I have normal skin that is super clog prone so have tried and still experiment with my fair share of scrubs that aren't too harsh yet are effective. As far as scrubbing I can't say this does all too much mainly because I feel it's more of a moisture mask since the scrub consisancy of the sugar is way to gentle to really exfoliate for me and it melts into your skin pretty fast. I'm not complaining though because this is a great mild scrub and mask in one product that is all natural, packed full of amazing antioxidants like strawberries, truly healing. On top of that the sugar and lemon smell of this scrub is to die for!!! and I would buy it for that alone :). Hoenstly it is so good I want to eat it and the smell last on your skin forever. Smells exactly like the Sugar Deodorant and Brown Sugar Lotion, mouthwatering. Anyhow the amazing smell, the fact that you need to use so little as it goes along way and the modern glass jar lasts forever, and the amazing ingredients and antioxidants are why I will always continue to buy this. Yes it doesn't do an amazing job and serious exfoliating but it truly heals your skin and leaves it looking amazing. I love to use this at night 1 to 2 times a week after my cleanser for just some amazing antioxidants for my skin and ofcourse you don't even need to moisturizer after this, plus who would want to cover it's amazing smell. Recommend this to all my friends and family if you have the $$ to splurge as it is a luxury product since it doesn't exfoliate amazingly for those with stubborn skin. Leaves my normal clog prone skin(hasn't ever broke me out surprisingly) glowing and for people with dry skin this would be holy grail as it really doubles as a moisture mask. Love the Rose Mask as well if my skin is every irritated or needs to be soothed and jsut for a treat. Really wish Fresh came out with a gel or cream cleanser that smelled like Sugar Lemon like this scrub as sadly the current cleansers are more for dry skinss icne they don't deep clean and leave my normal skin feeling greasy. This mask is heaven in a jar, rub in on, inhale the mouthwatering smell, and pretend your in a spa with no worries! :)

on 9/19/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The after effects of this face polish are amazing! My skin is smooth and soft. Unsure if it does anything for my blackheads, though. But, like I said, my skin is definitely smoother after I use this mask. The scrub itself smells great. I tend to use too much of the product when I scoop it out of the jar-- a lot goes a long way. Love that it's packaged in glass.

on 8/15/2009 10:43:00 PM

You know that glowy, smooth, model-like complexion you get after exfoliating? Well, this does that for me and lasts for days. I apply a generous amount to my face, leave on for 10mins, then add a bit of water and scrub in little circular motions on my face. It's moisturizing, so great for dry-skinned girls but also manages to clear out my pores nicely, which I love because I have combo skin with clogged pores on my nose. My skin looks really pretty, bright, and smooth when I use this. Smells good, too. Problem is, I use it 2-3x per week so the jar doesn't last too long (a month, on average) which stinks because it's $$$, as most Fresh products are. But I love it anyway!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love LOVE the scent, but it seemed to make my sensitive skin very irritated.
For those with less sensitive skin, this would be a great scrub! I love that it seems to melt into the skin.
Not as physically harsh as some other scrubs, but has something in it that caused my skin to freak right out.

It's such a shame because the smell is amazing.

on 4/28/2009 3:15:00 AM

I got this product as a gift and was really excited to try it. I love the smell but personally think the scrub is too harsh for my acne prone skin. It makes my skin all red after use but does leave a moisturizing feeling after I use it but I think it is probably better as a body exfoliator. I still love my Marie Louise exfoliating gel from Japan which is super gentle but removes all my dead skin cells without drying up my skin. It was great that I didn't have to pay for this product.

on 4/16/2009 5:02:00 AM

By far the best product I have ever used! It smells yummy but more importantly the effect it has on my skin is unbelievable. I use this product twice a week while I'm relaxing in the tub. I apply to a wet clean face, as directed, and sometimes leave on for up to 30 min. This scrub/mask is the best of both worlds because it not only exfoliates but it moisturizes too! My skin has never been happier with any other skin care treatment. The price point is high but well worth it... love it, love it, love it!!!

on 3/6/2009 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my third month using this product twice a week and it has worked well for me. I use a pea size amount at night on a dry face. I rub it all over my face then I wet my fingers and rub my face again. Then I leave it on my face for 5-10 min., as suggested on the jar then wash my face with warm water. This leaves my skin super soft and feeling hydrated.
I did not give five lippies because I think at times, this may have caused me to break out --one or two pimples, although I'm not entirely sure that this scrub was the cause.
It's kinda pricey -- $55 for 4.2 oz, but it's worth it because you only need to use a pea size amount. As mentioned, this is my third month using it, two times a week, and I barely made a dent.
If you have super sensitive skin, you might want to apply it on wet face rather than on dry face like me. I have a somewhat sensitive skin, but it does not irritate my face to apply on dry face.

on 3/2/2009 7:12:00 PM

After reading the reviews here, I decided to give Sugar Face Polish a try. I'm glad I did. It works well without being harsh. My face instantly feels so much smoother and has a wonderful healthy glow that lasts for a few days. As everyone else noted, it smells great, too.

I keep it in the shower and use it every other day or every third day. My only negative comment is the packaging. Since I keep it in shower and since I'm a *huge* klutz, I would prefer it to be in a plastic container instead of a glass jar. But, that's just me. The product works well and I highly recommend it.

on 2/18/2009 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

this is the BEST scrub i've ever used. it's perfect in every way. the smell is delicious, the texture is perfect, and the "residue" is extremely moisturizing--but doesn't clog my pores! i use this about once a week, and have been doing so for the past 2 months, and i still have more than half of the jar left. it is expensive, but it's worth it because the results are amazing and the product lasts for a long time.

Popular Scrubs