MAC Matte - Espresso

4.5

on 3/29/2012 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've used this shadow since I was 16, to fill in my brows. I now use a combo of Espresso and Cork, but this will always be a staple in my collection. Always.

on 3/29/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My 2nd fave Mac shadow after All that glitters, Easy to blend & lasts all day with little/no fading.
Very versatile colour I use it to soften a smoky eye, To blend out colours, Use it in the crease and my favourite use is as a brow filler. I love it so much I have 3 one here, One in London and one at work :).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Really great eyeshadow, I love the color. For all you gals saying you can't pick it up on a brush, you either have a fake or don't know how to apply makeup. Definitely buying again.

on 3/25/2012 1:58:00 PM

I put with copy paste the review of kerrydietrich : ''Espresso is one of the worst eye shadows I have have ever bought, not just for MAC. I can't even get it to pick up on my brush, and what I can pick up won't even swatch. The color in pan is beautiful, but doesn't show, let alone translate. I really don't get so many positive reviews, unless I really did get a dud. So disappointed!!!''

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM. I mean i cant take off any of the color. Zero, nothing. Do you think its fake? I am sooo disappointed :((

on 3/20/2012 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really great shadow. I use this as a brow filler (my eyebrows are very dark and Espresso is the perfect shade) and crease colour most commonly, but in the past I also used this to contour my nose. Very versatile, matte, pigmented...I can't think of any negatives!

on 2/23/2012 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Mmmm Espresso! I LOVE the name of this shadow! :) I haven't had the courage to use this as an all over lid color as it's fairly dark and very matte. I wear this occasionally on my outer v along with a beautiful gold, bronze, peach or lighter brown. I bought this for $15 at the MAC counter in my local Dillards. Probably would not repurchase, as it will take me years to hit pan. The amount of product vs. the small amount you need per use due to its excellent pigmentation will make Espresso last forever!

on 2/22/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this for my brows and my eyes. I love wearing this in my crease. It's a medium matte brown. It's kind of hard to blend out so I love mixin it with other brown shades to wear in the crease. Def would repurchase!

Edit (7/19/13):
I've recently been using this as a contour for my nose. Perfect color!

on 2/21/2012 11:57:00 PM

beautiful brown, good pigmentation, matte, BUT u cant really blend it.. so if you make a "mistake" you can really fix it and blend it..
im disappointed...

I must admit this is a staple color for me. I am a NW20 with dark brown hair and eyes and wear medium dark mineralize powder. Espresso is multi use color and is one of my favorites. I use Espresso to line my eyebrows, as a crease color, wear it under colors to darken other colors or just by itself on top of Groundwork paint pot. Sometimes as the day goes on the color has a taupe tint to it. Gorgeous color. I get compliments when I wear it, and will definitely repurchase.

on 1/22/2012 11:21:00 PM

Great eyebrow shadow for the summer time, a little too dark for the winter time. Color is beautiful . For reference i'm a Matchmaster in 2.0 & Prolongwear NC25-30

Top Rated MAC Products