Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE GLYCERIN ISODODECANE ALCOHOL POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE HEXYL LAURATE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PHENOXYETHANOL ACETYLATED GLYCOL STEARATE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE TRISTEARIN CELLULOSE GUM NYLON-12 LIMONENE BENZYL SALICYLATE LINALOOL DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER PARFUM / FRAGRANCE DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE METHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

I honestly have mixed feelings about this foundation some aspects of it I really loved such as the 'glow from within' it gave to my skin! However, I think I may be slightly too oily for this as it just doesn't last on me. I think if you have dry/very dry skin then it could work for you. Also wish this came in one or two shades lighter!

on 3/2/2015 8:51:00 PM

I love this foundation, its is a splurge item, but it is gorgeous on the skin. Medium coverage and great wear! Looks wonderful in photos. So easy to blend! A++

on 2/27/2015 3:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I really love this foundation. I have a very very oily nose and very combo skin with flakey dry patches elsewhere. Every foundation goes oily on my nose at some stage. Powdered and primed - same result. LS doesn't. It sets completely and does not shine at all. Foundation has a very satin finish that looks beautiful on the skin. Thin formula with light to medium coverage and easily build able. The packaging is lovely. Colour match is perfect. I'm neutral toned and my match is neither yellow or pink. Very happy and would absolutely repurchase. Only con is the price, $92 in Aus, bloody rip off.

on 2/27/2015 3:01:00 AM

I really love this foundation for a couple of reasons: 1. It goes on very sheer and dewy as everyone else has mentioned, and 2. You can build it up.
I tried for a while to persuade myself to buy the Dior Forever Foundation instead because I thought the packaging looked better and of course, it was cheaper. However, after trying both, I really loved the Armani one. I put my makeup on after I wash my face in the morning, but my face is always super dry regardless of how much moisturizer I use, so this foundation sort of flakes on my skin. But other than that, the color options are great and it's very lightweight. I sometimes forget I'm even wearing it, but it feels very smooth on the face.

on 2/23/2015 11:13:00 PM

I really wanted to like this foundation after hearing some pretty good things about it, but overall it was just meh to me in every aspect. I found it a little too light coverage for my liking, the foundation seemed really sheer and I could basically wipe it off with my hand. It also made me look oily but not in that glowy dewy type.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation, like everyone raves. Wonderful finish, get staying power, beautiful on the skin, does not break me out. Not too glowy, looks like just naturally beautiful skin.

However, beware using this foundation for fair ski because it's color range is not great. It is hard to find the right color and undertones and seems to never look quite right with fair skin.

on 2/17/2015 10:12:00 PM

I don't recommend this for oily or combination skin types, my t-zone shines whenever I wear this. But it can be very nice for other skin types because it feels like second skin.

on 2/12/2015 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i had heard so much hype on this product i was very excited to try it. i had my color matched for me at the armani counter. the color right away seemed a tad orange for me but it was the best match they had. kind of disappointing for the price but my biggest problem is that is so drying on my skin. i do have very dry skin, and have to be very picky about my concealers. (I've been loving make up forever full cover concealer) so, back to their foundation: as soon as i apply it it starts to settle into tiny little flakes and pores that were invisible before i applied it. sort of the opposite of what it's supposed to do, right? i expect more from armani products. i see other reviewers had the same experience. and still others adore this. my take: if you have dry skin, mature skin, or large pores, skip this one.

on 2/11/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just want to say that this foundation is overly hyped up. There are better foundations out there for the price. Its true that it look beautiful on but it has not staying power only really lasts for about 4 hours on my skin. And for the price is not worth it in my opinion.

on 1/30/2015 12:08:00 AM

L'OREAL TRUE MATCH LUMI IS A DUPE! A true dupe!

I am someone who wouldn't hesitate to spend $50 on a cosmetic product. With that being said, I won't be re-purchasing Armani Luminous Silk. I know there is a LOT of hype around this foundation, and it's a good one, no doubt. But worth $52? Heck no! I was so excited to try it. I was disappointed. The coverage is just slightly too sheer for me.

Run down to your local Walgreens and pick up your shade of True Match Lumi for under $10. I absolutely cannot tell the difference between the two. In fact, dare I say, I might prefer the True Match over the Armani.

Video Reviews & Tutorials