MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

on 9/7/2014 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been curious about this lipstick for over a year now but was always a little intimidated by how it looked in the tube - really dark and vampy. I finally tried it out yesterday. The makeup artist who sold it to me did an amazing job of selling her product. At first I just told her I wanted to see how it looked on the back of my hand because I was worried it might drain the colour out of my already pale complexion. Wow! Yes, it is vampy but without being unwearable dark. She then tried it on my lips. It was really striking. It made my eyes look bluer, my teeth look whiter and really enhanced my whitish complexion. It looks great against my dark brown hair. I love the finish of this and it does not feel drying. It stayed on all day and only wore off a little at the corners of my mouth after I had eaten. I also bought the lip liner in Magenta to go with it. The finish of this is Satin. The only thing I noticed was toward the end of the day, this lipstick was clinging to the dry parts of my lips but this is quite common with a lot of lippies.

I love this colour. It's not often I feel the need to review a lipstick but this one is stunning!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick. It is a very odd color, but it goes on beautifully and looks fantastic. It isn't drying at all, and stays on for a long time.

Wet n wild sugar plum fairy is an exact dupe for rebel I have sugar plum fairy and my daughter has rebel I compared I won't buy rebel for myself I am not a fan of this color ill wear the sugar plum fairy if i ever want this color.

With drug store prices creeping up they are not much more pricey for a quality lipstick. As for the shade, you don't by any means need to be a rebel to wear it because despite the daring color in the tube, it does not show up like that on my pretty pigmented lips. For reference I have light skin, blonde hair, blue eyes. I would describe this shade to look like you just squeezed a real raspberry on your lips. It gives the perfect effect of a just bitten sexy lip. Can be worn totally sheer or builded up to be more fierce and therefor makes it perfect for night, day, and all year round. If you want a semi dupe try milanis lipstick in sangria. It's half the price but not exactly the same color and it's a bit drying.

on 8/22/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like it on other people and on my hand. I think if you can poll it can be really nice. But everytime I want to wear it I finally wear it as a stain because I don't like the bold lip look it gives. I feel there is a kind of fuschia pigment, like a cherry kool-aid color that bring out the olive undertones of my warm skin.I felt the same with MAC Goddess lipstick, there must be some kind of pigment I don't like. If I want to wear plum lippie I prefer Mac Media, which complement better my NC35 skintone. So this I am giving to my sister!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Put this on your TO BUY list. Right. now.

The perfect dark fuschia lipstick. Comes off creamy but has the intensity of a matte.

I always see pictures of people at parties with their lipstick still in tact, and when I ask what they are using, 9/10 their answer is MAC REBEL.

Looks best for a night look but if you're feeling bold, wear it all day!

Before i finally bought this i googled it like a million times and swatched it and tried it on in the store many many times. I ended up buying it whilst on my trip to London, and i remember applying it in front of the hotel room mirror and feeling SO badass! My mom thought the color was too "sexy" for me, as i am quite young. I have fair skin and have discovered that yellow based pinks, like mac viva glam Nicki Minaj, really don't suit my skin tone and neither my personality. Therefor this is my "dressing up" or "special occasion" lipstick rather than something like mac candy yum yum. I have been trying to find a matching lipliner as its a satin finish and can sometimes bleed or smudge. If you have small lips like me and like to apply your lipsticks a little bit outside your natural lips, be aware that it can look a little obvious sometimes because of the satin finish. Also remember to apply an extra layer of bronzer if you are pale, as this lipstick can sometimes make you look super pale. Regardless i love this lipstick and will definitely repurchase, and i soon have too!

on 7/6/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this product as part of the back to mac programme and was dying to try it. It looks scarily dark in the tube but it applies as a sheer purply pink that is buildable in colour. I absolutely love this, it's a perfect fall lipstick, and I'll probably wear it throughout summer as well! I would recommend exfoliating your lips first as mine tend to go flakey with any lipstick I wear, not just this one but it really helps when applying. I love Mac lipsticks in general, the colour pay off, the smell, formulas and packaging are so worth the money! Go and buy this lipstick NOW, its a must have!

on 7/4/2014 7:42:00 PM

I've always have a hard time finding lipstick that doesn't ware off when I eat or drink. I then decided to try a lipstick from MAC since I haven't before and I went with Rebel cause it best fit my skin tone so I could wear it to school or casual things.

And I love it. It's lasts through all the drinking and eating and I only have to reapply once and I probably didn't need to it was just starting to fade.

I use the MAC lip pencil in burgundy to enhance the color even more and to sharpen it up a little

This is an absolutely amazing lipstick!! I love it so much. If you apply a small amount it is a lovely light berry colour, perfect for the day time a nice girly pretty colour. Then you can build it up to a deep vampire rebel colour. It doesn't even feel like you are wearing lipstick at all, and it lasts for ages!! It actually lasted for 3 hours without having to reapply once! Will definitely repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks