Revlon ColorStay Makeup (24 hour formula)

3.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Tribehenin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Alcohol Denat., Alumina, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Laureth-7, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, PEG-12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Salicylic Acid, Silk Powder, Sodium Citrate, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Serica (Silk), Tetrasodium EDTA, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Am I one of the few people who really didn't like this foundation? I found it was way too thick, and took forever to blend on my face even with a good primer. It also felt very heavy on my face, almost like a mask, and I made sure not to use more than I needed to cover the redness I have on my nose/cheek area. Even worse, I noticed throughout the day it started to get very splotchy on the end of my nose and just made me look awful. :( I also don't like the packaging, as when you first get the bottle and tip it over to get the foundation out it pours out all at once, then when you're at the end of the bottle it's a pain in the butt to get out anything! Very disappointed with this foundation

on 3/21/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

What's with all the bad reviews?? I understand this product has been reformulated or whatever, but it seems that whenever this happens, with any product, people automatically assume that the product is ruined. -_-

Ok anyway this is THE best full coverage (but lightweight) foundation ever. I own Lancome Tient Idole & Miracle, Estee Lauder DW, and have tried MUFE foundations as well as NUMEROUS drugstore foundations in the past, but nothing comes close to how much this foundation offers (especially for the price point)

Packaging: Yes, it would be better with a pump, but whatever.

Cost: Excellent, in Canada it is like $15. However they have discontinued all the darker shades, so I have to order Caramel and Toast off Amazon and it comes to about $15 so yeah.

Application: Yes, this foundation is thick. BUT, it doesn't look thick on your face. I use a flat top brush and stipple it onto my face and it looks flawless. I make sure I blend well. It covers all acne scars, dark spots, dark circles etc without the use of a concealer. I have oily skin and I DO NOT need to set this foundation with a powder

Wear time: Waterproof, oil resistant, transfer proof. I put this on in the morning and it still looks fresh on my face at the end of the day, even after a hard workout at the gym (and by hard I mean cardio, powerlifting etc, where my clothes are drenched from sweat)

Look: This foundation actually looks better as the day goes by. It blends so well with your skin. Photographs well. I wear toast in the winter, and mix it with caramel in the summer.

So if you're looking for a full coverage foundation that stays put, give this a try. I'm sooo glad I did. It's very similar to the Estee Lauder DW. Except next time I'm not going to buy DW when it runs out, I will stick to this :)

EDIT*******

So I noticed the toast is tackier, thicker and wears off quicker than the caramel. Strange =/ Still a great foundation though!

on 3/21/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm new here can someone please help me out on how to buy this product

on 3/20/2015 8:25:00 AM

This is the ONLY foundation that I have repurchased. I have the formula for combination/oily skin. I have to say this is the only foundation that keeps me matte throughout the day, it doesn't transfer and matches my skintone EXACTLY. Yes, this last one is a big plus, I find it really hard to find the right colour (most foundations turn out to be orangey or pinkish). I love it so much..I look flawless with it.

I would really prefer it to come with a pump, however like this you do not waste any product when it reaches toward it's end.

TIP: apply it with a wet sponge for a more natural finish

on 3/19/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My HG! I always come back to colorstay

on 3/19/2015 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying that this foundation is one of the very few I've found that is light enough to match my skin tone and I'm grateful for that. However, I purchased the formula for normal/dry skin and for something that specifically indicates that it's for dry skin, I'm very disappointed with it.

It looks great after I apply it, but after just a couple of hours it cakes up on my skin, sticking to every little blemish and dry patch. It provides very little coverage to the acne scars on my cheeks, even when I use it with a concealer. By the end of the day (usually 7 hours of wear), it looks patchy, dried out, and horrible.

I know a lot of other people love this foundation, but it definitely did not work out for me.

Bought this foundation awhile ago and then lost it and then found it! I'm extremely pale and have never found a shade that isn't too dark for me. To give you some reference points, I've tried the lightest shade in every drugstore brands, the lightest shade of Makeup Forever and the Vanilla shade of Hourglass Immaculate- They're all too light! This foundation looks pretty dark and orange/yellowish when I put a swatch on my wrist or hand but it's the perfect shade when I put it on my face. Works a lot better for oil control than any of the expensive foundations I've tried (keep in mind, I use the professional on my nose and forehead and MUFE green primer for the rest of my face and finish with MUFE powder). A lot of people talk about it oxidizing but I don't really notice that too much. The only real problem I have with this foundation is it's SO paint-like. When I'm in the shower and wipe my face, it's like my hands are covered in chalk... It's also a huge pain to get out of my brushes! But I'd repurchase just because the colour's so great!

on 3/18/2015 8:43:00 PM

I absolutely dislike this foundation. I saw many YOUTUBE beauty gurus raving about it being a dupe to MAC foundations. The colour matched my skin perfectly once applying. It was slightly matte, and covered pretty well. But it did NOTHING good for my oily skin! It oxidized within 20 minutes of wearing, it looked orange and began to look cakey and settle into the fine lines around my eyes. It emphasized my large pores and made me look OLD. It wore off within 3 hours of wearing. For 16$ CAD, I will NOT be purchasing again. The packaging? Terrible. The quality? Terrible. Price? Terrible. You're better off wasting your money on something actually worth buying!

on 3/17/2015 10:10:00 PM

I love this. It covers beautifully, and leaves my face slightly matte without a pressed powder. I bought this for $11 at my local Walmart, and that's a decent price for a drugstore foundation. I wish it would have included a pump, as I feel I waste product by just pouring it out. Overall, I love the coverage and the color may be a TINY bit too dark, but I add a lighter pressed powder and love the outcome of this.

on 3/17/2015 4:38:00 PM

This (Combo/Oily skin formula) is my current foundation and it works very well for me. I have used and liked Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, Dream Smooth Mousse, and Dream Liquid Foundation, FIT Me liquid foundation, Loreal True Match Liquid & True Match Compact Foundation in the past, and have tried plenty of other foundations, and the Revlon Colorstay is definitely my favorite in every aspect.

This foundation provides great coverage, which is perfect for covering my acne and scars. It remains flawless on my cheeks all day, but does wear off a bit in my T-Zone because I have extremely oily skin. It also tends to settle and cake a bit on the sides of my nose, which is unfortunate. It doesn't melt completely off and turn me into an oil slick like many other foundations do, however.

I apply it in a stippling motion with a beauty blender and it feels like I'm just erasing all of my flaws and red marks! I LOVE the coverage from this foundation so much. I use a primer beforehand and a translucent setting powder on top. I'm still experimenting with these products to see which ones can help my oil problem, because I really don't want to try different foundations (I love Colorstay's coverage so much).

Despite it not being able to control my extremely oily t-zone, Revlon Colorstay is a great foundation with the best coverage of any drugstore foundation I've tried.