Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

4.8

on 4/6/2014 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This brush...is amazing! One of the best in my kit/collection. I love that its synthetic which means if I choose to use it with cream products, like cheek highlighter, it doesn't absorbed all the product like a natural bristle brush would. It fits perfect under the eye/on the cheekbone. I use this to apply concealer/highlighter and to set my concealer. Flawless application that looks very natural. I sometimes use this to blend out my contour too. I think synthetic brushes are better to blend, the leave a more natural finish. Its $8 on Amazon, so not a huge investment. If you have a extra couple bucks and are looking for a good brush to expand on your collection, I highly recommend this one!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Another great brush by Real Techniques! This is my first true setting brush. I usually set things with a large fluffy powder brush. But, this particular brush is exceptionally unique because it is shaped and sized perfectly to set concealer. To be honest, I never really put the time in setting concealer. I basically just swirled blotting powder with a large brush all over and call it a day. I didn't realize how crucial this brush was until I started using it and how much better my concealer lasted. It is the perfect size to effectively set makeup. I even use this brush to apply a powder highlighter down the center of my nose. Like most RT brushes, this one is made very sturdy, good quality bristles and it washes nicely with no shedding. I can honestly say this brush is a standard piece in my daily makeup routine. I won't go a day without using it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is such a small brush, but I like it for liquid foundation. I know, weird! But I've been using it for foundation for a year and it gives such a flawless finish. It allows me to work with areas precisely and it doesn't leave the skin with streaks of foundation. Love it and will repurchase it!

on 2/27/2014 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have 4 of these brushes I love them so much!! fantastic for setting or contouring, so impressed with Samantha Chapman brushes and more importantly the price is amazing which I why I buy so many of her brushes.

on 2/25/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is one of the best brushes!
I have used this to set banana powder underneath my eyes, with a powder bronzer to contour, and with a powder blush!
I haven't had any issues with shedding fibers and it washes easily with brush cleaner or baby shampoo.
This brush is super soft but not so soft that it doesn't pick up and easily distribute pigment.
I would absolutely purchase this brush again--I have not been able to to find it for sale individually, so that would be nice.

on 2/21/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This brush is awesome!!! I need to purchase a few more I love it so much. I use it to set my under eye concealer mainly, but this brush will do so much more! Apply highlight, contour, blending eye shadows, etc. Very reasonably priced and excellent quality!

on 2/20/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Absolutely love this brush! This is my second RT brush, the first is the powder brush, separate review on that in my profile, but omg this brush is perfect for doing exactly what it's called "setting". I use this to set my under eye concealer. For all over the face I use the powder brush, I'm not a heavy makeup wearer so I don't have much else to set lol, so bottom line is this brush is awesome and has multiple uses, and it's only $8-9 at Ulta. Totally affordable, durable, and totally fabulous! Can't wait to get my hands on more of these brushes, thank you RT for making awesome quality brushes that are affordable!

on 2/20/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

LOVE this. It was one of my first RT brushes & I can't imagine ever using anything else. I love this for applying power under eyes (to set concealer) & down t-zone. Works so well, applies so lightly, it's just wonderful to use.

on 2/17/2014 4:59:00 PM

I LOVE this brush. I was confused by the name of this brush, but this really is such a "jack of all trades" brush that you can use to apply pretty much anything. I usually use this to apply highlighter & concealer, but this can also be doubled as eyeshadow blending brush. The quality is amazing and this brush was so cheap! I will definitely be purchasing more brushes from this line. I actually like this better than my expensive brushes.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Fabulous brush, possibly the best in RT's entire line just based on its usefulness. RT calls it a "setting brush," that name really undersells the jack-of-all-trades nature of this brush. Not only is it great at setting concealer under the eye and into the small curves of your face (around the nostrils, the Cupid's bow or the groove above your chin), the size, shape of fluffiness makes it perfect for applying and blending both powder and cream products for a variety of tasks. You can use this brush to contour (the pointed tip of the brush really helps to get a soft slim line under the cheekbones, jawline or on the sides of the nose), to highlight, to apply liquid or cream concealer, to blend eye shadow or even do some crease work if you want to do a very natural, subtly defined eye.

This brush is teardrop shaped with a softly tapered tip. The bristles are packed in a way so that they're dense enough to be able to buff or apply cream products but is still loose enough to apply powders sheerly. Like all RT brushes, this brush is cruelty free and made from very soft Taklon bristles. This brush holds its shape very well through washing, there's minimal shedding and the entire brush is just well constructed and made to last. At $7.99, this brush is a steal. I like it so much I plan on buying a second one so I have separate brushes to use for powder and cream products.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products