Kerastase Elixir Ultime

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think that both this serum and the entire Kerastase line is overrated. It's a very expensive line and I've tried a handful of products from it only to see at the best 'meh' type results. After the final insult with trying the Gold Elixir Ultime I'm done with the brand for good.

I didn't see or feel any noticeable improvement with my hair at all. I used the serum for a good month to give it the benefit of the doubt and still zero results. Near to the end of the month I used it I found that my hair was looking super frizzy and wouldn't hold a style after blow drying and / or flat ironing. The scent of it is nice though it didn't stick to my hair at all.

I really don't understand how it can be justified to sell at $40+ when it really doesn't do anything, contains a bunch of synthetics and comes in a fairly small size plastic bottle.

on 8/16/2013 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First, i'd like to define my hair type..i have wavy/curly fine and dry hair. I wanted a product to be applied after shampooing to bring up the most good appearance of my hair and to be able to apply it before blowing my hair to avoid frizz and to have some oils that is going to benefit my hair giving a little bit of shine. I read a lot of good reviews about this product that's why i bought it!

I thought it is going to be a lifetime product but i was wrong, the packaging is good, the smell is bad which i don't mind as it does not last, made my hair a little bit more softer and shiner but not the way i want it, it did not control my frizzy hair at all. I do not see this product worth the price.

I don't recommend it to my friends who the same type of hair as mine! and i will not buy it again.

on 8/2/2013 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Worked wonderfully when I had virgin hair. Now that it's heavily processed and I'm trying to grow it out -- back to virgin -- it doesn't make any real difference. Maybe adds a slight softness but that's it.

on 8/2/2013 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using it for a year and I haven't notice my hair condition improved.It smells really good,but that is all it does.

on 7/31/2013 12:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

In my hair, this product doesn't offer ‚Äč‚Äčthe results that it promises.
I bought it for about a year and I still have half bottle.
It just makes my hair oily rather than shiny, healthy and hydrated.
I think the quality of the product doesn't match its price, about 30 euros in my country.
I was very upset about having spent so much money on a product that didn't offer the promised results, despite being a brand that I liked a lot before buying this oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I`m disappointed with this product. It is a good oil indeed, not greasy, smells good. But it is very expensive and I can get good quality products for much less.

on 7/8/2013 6:41:00 AM

After reading all the hype about this product, I was really excited to try it on my long, thick, blonde hair. I was really hoping I would love it, but it never fully lived up to my expectations. Sure, it smells lovely and makes your hair a bit shinier and silkier, but I never noticed an increase in my hair health (my main reason for buying this product). At the end of the day, this was a very expensive hair serum that simply sat on my hair, and didn't penetrate into the cuticle to improve the overall condition. If you're looking for oils to improve hair health, good old Moroccan oil or even olive oil are superior to this product, for only a portion of the price.

on 6/28/2013 9:25:00 PM

Love love love this product!

on 6/2/2013 10:02:00 PM

It has been a great serum to use on my dry, coloured, frizz prone hair. I have used many serum products over the years and always went back to Kerastase Oleo Serum. I think this one works slightly better on my hair, though it is more expensive than the Oleo one. It has a nice fragrance and it is not too overpowering. Would definitely repurchase again.

on 6/1/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is amazing. I bought the pink range. Smells like chanel. Makes your hair incredibly soft and shiny. Does not make my hair oily and a little goes a long way.

Top Rated Kerastase Products