Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

on 7/17/2014 8:54:00 PM

I didn't know how to update my review so I'm writing another one, with more frequent use I've noticed annoying things about this brush. After only one use the foundation makes the bristles stick together wich causes some streaks! And makes it very difficult for the next use, you would have to clean it after every use. And you know how most of us dread the process of washing our makeup brushes? This will make it 10x worse, this brush takes FOREVER to wash, It's nearly impossible to get all the foundation out, it keeps resurfacing as you wash because it gets stuck deep in the bristles. I would never repurchase this brush, I love how my foundation looks after the first use after washing, but I just don't have time for the work this brush requires.

on 7/9/2014 11:56:00 AM

I used to apply foundation with my fingers and would have some lovely surprises when I would check my makeup in the light of day (i.e. streaking, unevenness, etc.). In my quest for an airbrushed, even look I started off with regular flat foundation brushes and disliked enormously. It seemed as though they absorbed all the foundation with nothing left for my face. I'm not a fan of the natural, blemished, dark circles, uneven look. I then discovered the Beauty Blender and liked it so much that I vowed never to apply foundation with my fingers again.

Recently, after reading numerous reviews and watching tutorials on Youtube I ordered the Sigma F80 brush. WOW!!! I'll never be without. This applies like a charm and you don't need to be a makeup artist to do a good job, very user-friendly. Now, about the only con with this brush. The cleansing of the brush. Yes it is VERY VERY dense. What I do is use the Sephora Daily Brush Cleanser (so that it doesn't accumulate too much gunk) and once a week I use Dawn Platinum Dishwashing Soap to deep clean. It's a win-win situation because Dawn supports wildlife rescue efforts so I have a product that is very efficient and I'm contributing (albeit in a small way to helping animals).

To tell the truth the Sephora Daily Cleanser is a bit of a disappointment. I will keep the bottle because it's got a spray thingie, buy the MAC brush cleanser and use that for daily cleansings instead. By the way for you Canadians reading this review I ordered the brush from http://www.nailpolishcanada.com, they don't charge shipping to Canadians and it cost me CAD$27.29 total.

on 6/15/2014 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Edit to add:
From what I understand, Sigma's business practices are shady to say the least and I can see how this turns off consumers. Aside from this, I still really like this brush.

My first Sigma brush and I wish I had gotten it sooner.
The bristles are densely packed and feel so soft. I love applying liquid foundation with this brush because it distributes the product evenly without streaking and it blends beautifully.
Itís superior to the Real Techniques buffing brushes (although I still like those brushes) when it comes to applying liquid foundation and no shedding either. The price is reasonable too. I do find that it takes a while to dry when I wash it (about a day and a half before the bristles were completely dry) so I just might need to get a back up.
Now Iím looking at adding more Sigma brushes to my collection.

on 6/13/2014 10:41:00 AM

I don't like this brush at all, there is nothing wrong with it but i don't like the way of use because of the flattop. I did not now it because i did't used a flattop before, i have used the expert face brush by real techniques and i loved it but i have to clean it and wanted a second one and wanted to try this brush.

I then bought the f82 and f86 and loved the f82
So i will not buy again. But that is just a preference of applying

on 6/4/2014 1:36:00 PM

My first (and only) foundation brush ever. Previously I used sponges or fingers but I was never really satisfied with the result. And a regular foundation brush didn't appeal to me either, it looked like it would take forever to apply foundation. Having seen the f80 brush being recommended by so many beauty bloggers I decided to purchase one to try. And it's worth every penny! Yes it does absorb a bit of product the first time after every wash, but I don't mind that. I apply my Lancome bb cream under a minute and it provides a flawless finish. I've used mine for the last 6 months on an almost daily basis, including a weekly wash and it still feels super soft. Would buy and buy again!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This brush is wonderful for buffing foundation onto my skin. It is very dense yet ultra soft. Def my go to brush for foundation when my beauty blender is dirty. It helps you really work in the foundation onto your skin and also helps with it's longevity. Absolutely wonderful brush.

on 5/28/2014 10:37:00 AM

What a fantastic foundation brush! This brush works well with everything from thicker BB creams, to runny liquid foundations. This brush is easy to use and results in a beautiful, natural, and complete coverage. I've had it for about 7 months and have washed it a couple of times and the brush is still as soft as it was when I first purchased it. The one down side with this brush is that in the past few months it has started to shed quite a bit. Perhaps it is a result of the way I am washing it but either way the shedding isn't bad enough to stop me from using it. I wasn't used to dishing out over $20 for just one single makeup brush but it is definitely worth the price.

on 5/27/2014 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best foundation brush by far.
Compared it with my real technique expert brush and elf powder brush which are uncomparable with this.
It gives flawless face, easy to use. I have washed this brush many times but still as good and soft as new.
It ia a bit pricey for me, if it is broken I might repuchased, but might not buy the other kabuki type such as f86 or f88 since it is a bit expensive for a brush.

on 5/23/2014 5:44:00 AM

And I used since I was going out. IT GIVES THE MOST FLAWLESS FINISH. From every angle. I stipple then blend, then stipple for the final touch all over. I couldn't even get this good results just by using my fingers. And on that same day a lady commented I have such beautiful complexion. Plus the bristles are extremely soft, and very dense. SO YES. This is worth investing!!

on 5/21/2014 9:29:00 AM

I love this Kabuki brush!

I like to wear my foundations with medium/full coverage & like to build up the coverage rather than just cake it on.
This brush is great for liquid foundation application & works really well for buffing, blending and building up coverage. It really helps to achieve a flawless finish.

This is an essential for my makeup kit.