Maybelline Maybelline The Hypercurl Volum' Express

3.4

on 3/8/2011 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Tested on my thick, long droopy lashes:

Volume: none
Curl: none
Staying power: none

on 1/8/2011 2:40:00 AM

Lots of girls in Asia love this mascara so I wanted to give it a try. I had to purchase this mascara online because it was no longer available in the US. I paid between $10-15usd after shipping.

After finishing the tube I would say this is an ok mascara. It does a nice job volumizing, has a convenient curved brush, and cute pink and black packaging.

It did however give me light panda eyes after a few hours and I didn't really see a curling difference versus a regular non curling mascara. I still used a curler before and after applying.

on 11/8/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mascara! It's cheap- like 250 pesos here in the Philippines. Plus, it's waterproof, does not flake and the wand makes application easy! Even if it is waterproof, it easily washes off with soap and water. It doesn't smear even if I don't use a primer on my eye area. Definitely value for my money! Heck, I like this compared to Maybelline's colossal mascara.

on 10/21/2010 5:37:00 AM

I have straight downwards lashes, so I definitely have to curl my lashes prior to applying the mascara. It does not hold the curl on the first coating, my lashes wilt immediately. I need to wait them dry, re-curl my lashes (just crimp them on the tips) and apply the second coating. The curl can stay for 4 hours. I dont see the purpose of hypercurl as printed on the tube, it works just the same with the other maybeline volume express turbo boost.

on 8/12/2010 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm using this in brown and love how it makes my lashes look naturally defined and thicker. Great for daily office wear. Holds the curl well (I always use eyelash curler to give it a curl boost before applying mascara). It does not lengthen the lashes. This does not smudge even after 10 hours in a hot & humid climate. I have very oily lids and almost all mascaras give me panda eyes but this didn't. It's easy to remove. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 6/24/2010 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm totally sold on this mascara. I was faithfully devoted to Lancome mascaras for over 15 years until I discovered this. My lashes are naturally curly but all my Lancome mascaras make them droop, and I've always been too lazy to curl my lashes. This mascara holds my natural curl all day and if I brush more on the tips I get that wide-eyed look all day. This is also my first waterproof mascara and I'm thrilled I can finally define my lower lashline without any smudging. I just press the wand gently against my lower lashline and I get instant definition! No flakiness, no smudges. Love it. I'm on my second tube now.

on 5/7/2010 8:10:00 AM

Bought this in brown by mistake, but it's a mistake I've learned to love. I like the natural look the color gives my lashes. It holds whatever curl I've done for my lashes sufficiently and gives me a wide-awake look. It doesn't smudge BUT I think I've encountered some flakes in the past... still, I love this. Brush is OK though its size makes me scared about poking it in my eye somtimes. This already comes cheap but can come cheaper on sales. I'd repurchase but this and the Unstoppable mascara make me want to try even more mascaras.

on 5/7/2010 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm always on the look out for a good mascara and i am currently using this one now at the moment and i quite like it.
Makes my lashes a lot longer and it does'nt clump at all.
A friend commented on how pretty my eyes looked and asked if i was wearing false ones?....so yes it does what it says!

on 4/29/2010 12:27:00 AM

Personally I don't really like this mascara a lot. It has pretty good volumizing properties, but length wise I think it doesn't do that much for the eyelashes. Besides, it dried up really fast although I was very careful not to pump the wand too many times. V much prefer magnum or other brands!

on 2/15/2010 11:32:00 AM

I bought this mascara based on a bunch of great reviews. I tried it & about 10 minutes later my lashes started burning. It went away after a while but came back hours later. It did make my lashes look really long and thick but will return because can't wear this stuff.

Popular Mascaras