Skinfood Black Sugar Mask

4.2

on 1/5/2013 3:14:00 AM

You know there are times when your skin just feel rough and tired? I put a thin layer of this mask on for 15-20 minutes, then I rinsed it off. For most masks, I feel like I needed to wash my face again after taking off the mask, but for this... My skin feels both clean and smooth. It was amazing. It did wonders restoring moisture into my skin, scrubbing off the dead skin, and making it smooth. I love it.
I do not like the packaging. I think it's awkward.

on 11/9/2012 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is one of the best face masks/exfoliators. Leaves skin very clean and smooth. First I was sceptical to purchase it as it is so pricy but glad I tried it. The beads are little too harsh so be careful and exfoliate gently.

on 10/10/2012 1:06:00 AM

It's great, but it's no different than making your own sugar scrub at home! Nice citrus smell though! Although all you have to do is just throw a lemon in your concoction and you have a dupe :)

on 8/4/2012 3:57:00 PM

This is my favourite scrub ever. I rarely use it as a face mask. I am in love with Skinfood, and I buy everything online, since in The Netherlands is not available in stores. I liked it so much that I even organized a party at home where we used their face masks, scrub, BB cream... everyone was delighted and now they all want to buy this amazing black sugar scrub! I love the smell, it really works, and it leaves my skin soft and glowing. Besides, is gentle on my sensitive skin, and it does not cause irritation. Best scrub mask EVER. Can't get enough... I buy this all the time now.

on 7/25/2012 5:32:00 PM

I had planned on buying the rice wash-off mask previously but after reading so many reviews that this was a better buy, I just decided to get it. Honestly, I'm glad I did. I try to use it at the end of every other week when I can. It exfoliates great and leaves my skin feeling really nice and smooth. It gives off this nice refreshing feel, especially after a long day. Though I do suggest washing up with some toner and a cotton pad afterwards. I did it and noticed that the mask does leave a faint residue on your face that you won't notice otherwise (though I'm not sure if that matters or not). I personally enjoy the scent, which is nice and lemony. Also, I know a lot of people have complained about the packaging being unhygienic but I don't think that's such a huge problem, all you need is a little scooper to remedy it. As with pretty much everything else from skinfood, a little goes a long way. Overall, I consider this a really good buy in my skinfood haul.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Bought this product directly from the Skinfood branch in Korea. It was thus very cheap and for around less than SGD 8.

I use this to exfoliate twice a week, avoiding scrubbing the product onto my zits. It leaves the skin feeling smooth, ready to absorb more products such as moisturizers :)

One thing that I didnt like about this product is that the packaging. It is pretty unhygenic to keep putting your hand in to scoop the product out so I have a very mini refillable container to store it in my bathroom.

Would I repurchase this again? At the moment, yes. But I wont mind trying other exfoliating products.

on 5/21/2012 12:27:00 AM

As for the actual product, it's very harsh at first, but being made of sugar, the particles dissolve quickly. Because it's so harsh, I'd only use this once a month or so, and rub it very gently only onto the parts of my face that need heavy exfoliating. But once it's done, it makes my skin so smooth!

To be honest, I can't give the best review of price or packaging, because what I have is a whole bunch of de-potted sample packets! But if I ever go through all of it, I'd consider buying it again.

on 5/7/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I'm so sad! I really liked the properties it has. I thought the black sugar mask will help my exfoliation, but my skin must be super sensitive because I broke out after using this. I concluded that the sugar grains were too harsh on my skin even though I very gently massaged it on my face. The skinfood rice mask wash off and peel-off masks are more suited for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Nice mask, very moisturizing. I tried a sample and have just used it that one time, but I really like this mask. Nice exfoliation.

on 4/30/2012 11:51:00 AM

the package, like any other Skinfood products, is uber cute.like a jar of jam, or frozen yogurt.

i've read all the hype about how good this mask is. about it hydrates, etcetera. so i gave it a try.
not like it at all. i find this too abrasive, harsh, and i feel like im using sandpaper on my face.i notice this stingy scent, and it leaves my skin reddish, irritated and it hurts. i don't even massage it onto my skin but it's terrible.

i use it for my feet, elbows& knees; and this mask works nicely there. will repurchase it? no. i'd stick to my homemade oat-coffee grains-milk-and honey for my feet.

Popular Scrubs