Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 8/26/2012 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I find it best applied with a regular foundation brush and it provides medium but buildable coverage and looks so so natural! It smells so lovely and is such a bargain. I will repurchase forever and ever. for reference, I am a mac nc25 and the lightest shade 51 vanilla is perfect (i bought shade 52 and it was a tad too orange, but I just fix that with powder).

on 8/25/2012 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this in the lightest shade and it was still too dark for me. It didn't help my oily skin and as the day went on the foundation appeared more orange. The coverage wasn't great either. It was easy enough to apply but overall I felt it wasn't suitable for my oily skin.

on 8/21/2012 3:33:00 PM

Thank you so much, MUA - I would never have tried this product if I hadn't gotten curious about it and checked out the reviews. This is my new favorite foundation, and this is coming from a girl who was convinced that HE was the only way to go with foundation and concealer.

This sits beautifully on my skin (I apply with a buffing brush and work it in a bit more with my fingers). Application is easy, it sets pretty quickly and has a demi-matte finish. My skin looks glowing. I agree with those here who have said the coverage is medium, which is great for me because I just want to even out tone and hide those little problem areas. Feels lightweight, it lasts all day (although in the hot weather I do find that I need to blot the dreaded T-zone in the afternoon - but that's to be expected)

My skin is dry to combo, so I imagine that in the winter I may need to give the Healthy Mix Serum foundation a try. I will definitely be re-purchasing, and I only wish this were easier to come by in the US. Love it.

on 8/20/2012 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation, in the shade light vanilla, after hearing it compared to the chanel vitalumiere aqua and thinking I would give it a go. The colour first of all, although better than most drugstore foundations, is a little too dark for my annoyingly fair skin. But colour aside the foundation really impressed me. It claims to be packed full of exotic fruits and if the smells anything to go by I'd say it is! It smells lovely and although scented hasn't broke me out which would usually happen as my skin is pretty sensitive. The foundation goes on like a dream and leaves a dewy but not shiny finish, which is perfect for my mostly dry, sometimes oily skin. If you are extremely oily definitely use a powder or setting spray, however I do find it surprisingly long lasting even in hotter weather. Priced at £9.99 it's not the cheapest of drugstore foundations but is very reasonable and has quickly become one of my favourite drugstore foundations.

on 8/15/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the healthy mix serum foundation which i love so thought I would buy this one and give it a go it's more matte and has more coverage than the healthy mix serum foundation I love this foundation it blends seamlessly into me skin gives me a dewy flawless glow however great for the summer weather I have really oily skin and it actually does the trick keeping my skin moisturised but not shiny it's amazing

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This works well on my oily skin and looks very natural. My skin looks fresh and dewy after applying. The coverage is medium, just enough for me. This foundation is easy to blend in to the skin and dries very quickly. It smells lightly fruity when you first apply, but once it's on your skin the smell disappears. I have already repurchased this product once, and I plan to keep buying it. Its colour range is good, and its lighter shades match my skin very well. The packaging is well designed, as you can get every last drop of foundation and nothing is wasted. The best drugstore foundation I've tried.

on 8/15/2012 7:29:00 AM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad that I did! I'm a HE foundation girl all the way, but this has truly taken HG status in my book.
The coverage is medium-buildable but it's amazing - I have a face full of freckles, and this pretty much covers them without looking mask-like at all. It makes me look very glowy and natural, like I have perfect, blemish free skin. I use the matching concealer with it which is great too.
The finish is glowy, without looking greasy or too unnatural. The price is great, for what it is - I think it's about £10-11. Pixiwoo (n/a) state that this is a great dupe for the now discontinued Chanel Pro Lumiere.
The packaging is AMAZING. It comes with a pump, and has a system whereby the more you pump, the foundation is pushed up FROM THE BOTTOM - leaving nothing left in the bottle when you've finished it, You really can use all of the product.
I'd def buy this again - infact - I already have!

P.s. Only downfall (that doesn't affect me) is the shade selection. If you have skin darker than tan, you won't find a shade for you :(

on 8/15/2012 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a great foundation for an amazing price! Here is my breakdown of why I love it:

Coverage: Medium-buildable

Finish: Satin (natural-looking)

Long-wearing?: Not bad! Probably not as long-wearing as, say, ELDWL or Lancome TIU24, but it does a great job nevertheless. On my oily/combo skin, it will last about 8 hours looking good, but a bit of shine tends to come through, so I'll need to blot a couple of times. However, this foundation does not try to be hardcore-long-wearing like the other two, so I can't put it down for that.

Shades: This is usually the hardest part for me, being extremely pale and warm-toned (lighter than NC15). Shade 51 is slightly too dark for me, but it is close enough to suit me well if I take it down the neck and blend out so that it isn't noticeable.

Packaging etc: The pump is really annoying. Maybe I just got a dud, but sometimes it doesn't pump out anything, and sometimes it pumps out too much.

Extra bits: Doesn't emphasize flakiness much (on me), looks like healthy skin, never cakey.

on 8/10/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This has a good shade range if you have fair skin with yellow undertones. It will be great if you have normal combination or oily skin. It was very drying on my skin and it sat on top in a very noticable manner.

on 8/8/2012 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

First time buying foundation as have never really needed it before. Have been using 2-3x weekly for about a month now. I am using #52 (vanilla).

Good experiences: nearly perfect match for skintone, smells amazing, don't really need much, semi-matte so very realistic looking skin (for natural looks), doesn't reflect horribly in photos, blends really nicely with fingers (such a good texture that you don't really need a brush), does not oxidise, relatively good lasting power

Problems: I would prefer a glass bottle rather than plastic (given others in their range that are glass), this is quite expensive in Australia ($32 for 30ml even at target), would not suit anyone looking for full coverage, I could see this becoming a little cakey if the skin isn't properly moisturised beforehand, although it lasts I don't know if it would really do a whole '16 hours'

I can't really comment on the range of shades as I found the colour I picked suitable. I did find that #52 does seem to send towards being slightly more yellow-toned than pink-toned.

And whilst I would buy again, I would be interested in something of the same quality, but cheaper. Although I doubt that I would easily find the great scent and texture that this has.

_________________________________________________
Update: Moving this into 'average' rating. Am noticing this can get cakey if my skin is a bit dry. Have to really let the foundation sit and dry before it looks ok. Would no longer repurchase this, and would probably just go high-end next time. I know this is often reccommended as a Chanel Vitalumiere dupe, but I don't really see that.

Video Reviews & Tutorials