LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 11/30/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

OMG HOW MUCH DO I LOVE THIS?!?!?!??!?!?!

The Lush lady gave my friend and I a demo at the store, where she used the salt, then a cream, then the cuticle butter, and the massage bar on our hands. That combo is deadly- AWESOME.

These salts are the greatest thing ever. They smell really good, and leave your skin very very soft and refreshed. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE <3

on 11/22/2009 3:07:00 PM

I got this as a sample with my lush order. I found this product to be very rough for my face. It left my skin feeling tight and red. I think it was to try this again I would use it to exfoliate my legs...it's VERY gritty.

on 11/22/2009 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have bought this once and I have no idea why I never did again. It last forever because really it's too harsh to use every day, I'd go with once a week (some people could do more, but I am careful as I have psoriasis). I would combine it with my favorite cream soap in the shower, it was great.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

It's expensive..not going to lie. For 44.2 oz. it's $18.55..that's the smaller jar..the big jar is $32.95 for 8.8 oz. Yeah, it is quite pricey...but DEFINITELY WORTH EVERY CENT! I love using more harsh exfoliators and haven't found anything that even comes close!

When you first buy the product, you'll want to mix it up since there will be a layer of blue salt on top.

This is how I use it: I take a small dullop of Ocean Salt and place it in my DRY palms. I mix Ocean Salt and Ultra Bland, also from Lush, in the palms of my hands. And then on DRY skin/face I rub the mixture all over my face. Then take a washcloth and wipe it all off..

TIPS:

1) You want to use it dry because it's real salt..and salt disolves in water..so use it dry!
2) I like mixing it with different cleansers from Lush. My favorite so far is with Ultra Bland. It's also quite nice with Angels on Bare Skin.

DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY! IT'LL LAST QUITE A WHILE!!

Ocean salt... Where do I start?? I had been using the new Dark Angels cleanser from Lush, and was running out one day - so I turned to Ocean salt, a scrub I had been using as a body scrub. Wow!! Am I ever glad I tried this on my face!!!! I have combo skin (and the oily parts are verrrrry oily) and my pores can become clogged very easily.

When I used this I felt the scrubbing power was similar to Dark Angels, so I knew it would help provide a smooth surface for make up. Application felt smooth and the lather was very light. Washing it off was easy, and my skin felt refreshed and supple afterwards, for a very long while. My skin looks clearer and feels cleaner!!! Definitely a luxurious feeling to this scrub :) my current HG!!

on 9/2/2009 4:07:00 PM

A truely indulgent scrub, very gentle, but effective. Best applied onto dry skin as the crystals will slip off damp skin and down the drain before you've had a chance to massage them in.
Last a very long time and leaves my skin very soft and moisturised.

My only fret would be the use of 'lanolin' in this product, as it comes from sheep wool. But as its such a small quantity, i cant complain too much.

on 9/1/2009 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like a good face scrub but this is really to harsh on my skin, it left my skin irritated and red. The smell is really nice and fresh and it's an amazing foot scrub

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was painful and did absolutely nothing. I have combination to oily skin, so i needed a good scrub and this smelt good and looked like it would work. So i gave it a go. The Lush lady warned me to only use a little bit and not to rub very hard. So i did just that... and I got a painful, large red sore on my cheek. I had to moisturise for a week before this went away. I'm still glad it didn't leave a scar, it was so deep! This can't be blamed on the salt as I have used Big shampoo on various occasions before and that has been great. I just think this product is way too harsh to be used on the face continuously.

on 8/29/2009 2:02:00 PM

Great scent, but not a product for me. The salt crystals can get a bit scratchy for sensitive or dry skin, and you could easily make a similar scrub with salt or sugar, and a carrier oil.

on 8/29/2009 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I wear mineral makeup, which means I need to stay on top of the dry patch situation, and Lush's Ocean Salt does just that - gently. Normally, one would not use *salt scrub* and *gently* in the same sentence, however, this scrub is versatile - for a stronger scrub, use it straight out of the container. For a softer scrub, add a few drops of water, or moisturizer for creamy, and you'll be able to control the strength.

I have found no better scrub to remove dead skin without chemicals, scratching or, the worst thing, feeling like I haven't scrubbed anything off at all.

Popular Scrubs