E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 9/29/2012 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Eyelid Primer for only one dollar??? Yes! And it works just as good as high end make-up products. Seriously, slather some of this onto your lids and throw some eye liner and eyeshadow on and you're set for the day and night! Trust me, this works just as good as MAC or anything you can find at Sephora. I love E.L.F.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

For $1 you can't go wrong with this primer. It works just as good as those expensive primers but at a fraction of the cost. I wore this last night to a club and although the rest of my makeup didn't make it through the night my eye-makeup didn't budge. I have really oily skin; even my eyelids get oily and so I've always had a problem with my eye-makeup creasing and just disappearing before the end of the night. But with one dab of this primer on each lid you're eye-makeup will be in place all day/night. My only problem with this primer is that it doesn't create a neutral base for your eyeshadow. Other eyelid primers I've tried do and that's the one thing I think this product is missing.

on 9/26/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this. E.L.F is becoming one of my favorite brands because of their high quality products for cheaper than a pack of gum! For 1$ you can't go wrong, really. I tested this out on my arm, and put an eyeshadow on it and then put eyeshadow without the primer on my other arm - I was pleasantly surprised to see that after a very long 16 hour day and even trying to rub it off, the color stayed put and was very pigmented! I love this. I love how creamy it is, as with any eye primer it can be easy to over apply and you really don't need as much as you think. I like the finish. This doesn't really make my eyeshadows any brighter, but I do find that it does make them a bit more pigmented. Nothing that my NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow can't fix though ;) I also use this as an eyelash primer before I put on my mascara and I have found it really makes my eyelashes bigger and last longer! Love, love love. This works just as well as my Urban Decay Primer Potion, if not better. I also discovered a secret - using this - or any eyeshadow primer - before your concealer will help it from creasing! yay!

on 9/21/2012 1:21:00 PM

Great product. Easy to use and so cheap! Make sure to not use too much though because it will give you as greasy feel (as with any eyelid primer though...).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is a really good product by ELF one of they're best in my opinion, I spend alot of time applying, blending, and perfecting my eye makeup and once it's on there it better stay put through my sometimes 10+ hrs of wear, if you think about it eyelid primer might just be the most important product you put on your face/it's the base of all your beautiful es colors :)
I picked this up @ Target when looking for my usual eyelid primer/Loreal Decrease, I didn't see it and since I've seen this around for some time for a dollar I decided to try it, I thought I might like it better than Loreal Decrease, and I do :) The formula applies creamily and dries to a matte beige/white finish not sheer like the tube suggest not a problem for me. It does not crease and holds up es very well on my oily lids, I will say that it does absolutely nothing for pigmentation/popping es, neither did Decrease so not a factor personally issue solved with a good base. I'm more worried about the crease issue with oily/hooded lids. After a few uses I went back to Target and purchased 5 more tubes :) (I had to go to the same store twice, they were out first time around and I was determined to stock up! :) I do recommend trying before you buy high end brands, you might like it you might not, if you don't it was only $1 :)

on 9/16/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love/hate relationship with this primer. Let me explain...

PROS:
-Obviously primes my eyeshadow.
-dirt-stinkin-cheap at $1.
-Easy to find a Target.
-You get a pretty good amount of product.
-Keeps my eyeshadow on longer than w/o primer.
-Allows for a smoother application.
-Applicator makes applying a breeze.

CONS:
-Has a liquidy-oily texture, and it doesn't really FEEL like it does anything.
-Doesn't make colors stand out anymore that w/o primer
-There's better drugstore primers out there
-Dries out after a while

I'm gonna search around to see if there's anything better, but cheaper than the L'Oreal magic perfecting base (I used that as an eye primer for the longest time and loved it... and it lasted me soooo long)

on 9/16/2012 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This primer keeps my eyeshadows put all day! The texture is very light and smooth and it's just a neutral shade. This is a bang for your buck and I would definitely try it out

on 9/15/2012 11:30:00 PM

Wow! This product is great.I put it on at 6:00am when I get ready for school, and 9:00 at night my eye makeup is still there in place.It's only a dollar, but I can't buy it locally so I ordered it from eBay and it cost more like 7 dollars.Wasn't disappointed though!

on 9/11/2012 7:50:00 PM

I have this in Sheer, and I think it's amazing for keeping your shadow from creasing! I only tried it once or twice so far, but it's made SUCH a big difference in my eyeshadow at the end of the day! Usually it would look all oily, and a lot of it would have creased, migrated, and looked horrible. But with this, it looks just as fresh at the end of the day as it did when I applied it in the morning! I like the packaging, it's simple but sleek. It has a bit of a "slippery" feeling when you apply it, and I sort of like how it feels, it's very smooth. It doesn't help with pigmentation at all, but if you really need to keep your shadow from creasing like I did, then this stuff is amazing, especially for a dollar!

on 9/2/2012 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I couldn't even evaluate my e/s staying power with this..there are big random glitter pieces. I guess if you are under 30, that's cool. I used the 2 I bought once, and gave them to my daughter. I'll stick with UDPP. And, my budget is not big-it's just worth it.