Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.6

G790475 - AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT. , BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITOL, PERLITE, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, <+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES>.(F.I.L. B51922/1).

I bought this product a few days ago willing to try something that would be light and healthy for my skin, sinse it was oil free and a BB cream i thought it would do good for my skin... however just a day after i used this as my foundation, i got 2 sore pimples on my cheek, which is very rare since im on skin meds and get pimples very rarely now.... so i don't recommend this product for people with acne prone skin as it irritates it. however it did provide good coverage for a 'bb cream' as it actually did blur acne scars. would not use this again though! xo

on 2/3/2013 6:21:00 PM

This is my everyday favorite especially is summer time. Evens out skin tone perfectly and gives enough coverage to hide little discolorations. Takes care of my T zone and lasts all day long. The best way to apply it for me is my finger tips. It really blends well.

It's only a bit runny and that's the only downside I can think of.

on 2/1/2013 1:46:00 AM

This BB cream didn't disappoint. I wore this out (applied once) for 8 hours and when I got home, only the tip of my nose looked a bit shiny.
The coverage is alright (for one application), doesn't completely cover scars, dark circles and such, but just tones it down alright. I'd say the coverage would probably be 80% out of 100%?
The packaging doesn't bother me, I just leave it upright back in its box after using.
There are some dry spots on my face that could be sort of obvious through it but it can be fixed by applying some moisturiser first, letting it soak in, then the bb cream.
To apply I just use my fingers and pat/dab it in.
DEFINITELY recommend this to those are interested!! :)))

on 1/29/2013 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The fragrance is a little strong, but overall it's a great product. It's creamy and blends really nicely. It has light coverage, like you would expect from a BB cream and I wish the packaging was a little better, as the product gets gunked up around and in the cap. I'm not sure if I would buy it again, just because I've been wanting to try different BB creams.

on 1/29/2013 5:30:00 PM

Love the generous 2 oz size for the price! It tends to squirt out of the tube as its quite thin so be careful. I actually have this in medium/deep but couldn't find where that product was - I only saw the 'light' review. But as its the same product, I'll put my two cents in here. My skin is an nw 25-ish or 3.5 (warm beige) in Bobbi. Why did I get med/deep you may ask? Well I have oily skin and was liking my skin79 pink label, but even after oxidizing it looked too light. So I thought a nice mattifying bb cream in a darker shade would mix nicely. It does! And this garnier bb cream for oily skin is like the Mac Pro longwear of bb creams! I put some on my hand to test shade at Kmart and it like didn't wash off til I scrubbed it off! I use an oil based makeup remover so removing it at night isn't a problem. I like how this adds some warmth, oil absorption, and longevity to my skin79. Will definitely be using this alone in the summer! For the price and quantity u get, an excellent, long wearing product for oily skin. Live the SPF 20 too.

on 1/29/2013 2:19:00 PM

The coverage is better than the previous version of Garnier BB creams, but it still has a lot of crap in it, and can irritate sensitive skin, or cause break outs. I still wouldn't ditch my Korean BB creams for this.

on 1/28/2013 3:39:00 AM

Decided to try this product after reading some good reviews. Have not tried the regular version but this version (oil-free) looks amazing on my skin!

In Australian heat/humidity, my forehead and cheeks were becoming quite oily with my previous combination of moisturiser, sunscreen and makeup. This product has helped to dramatically reduce this problem! I feel it also provides really great coverage - I only need to add concealer where required and some powder if I want a different finish.

This product is great for the price but I'm going to explore getting a higher SPF BB cream, as it's only SPF 15. Still, I am happy to use this product regularly and will probably use this instead of foundation a lot of the time from now on.

UPDATE: I've used this almost daily for about the past 3 months and while I haven't had huge breakouts and pimples, I think it's caused a little bit of mild congestion under my skin surface which I never had before. For example - i've had what feels like lots of tiny little bumps around my chin/jaw area (not actually noticeable unless you feel it properly with fingers). I've been trying to reduce my use of the product and think this problem has improved a bit, so I don't think I'll be repurchasing. Shame, because it would otherwise be a fairly good, affordable BB cream.

on 1/26/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I didn't even bother trying the regular version of this product because it was getting such poor reviews, but this one finally came out for oily/combination skin so I tried it out.

I have DRY skin but it works well for me and still hydrates and feels dewey throughout the day. The coverage is okay for a bb cream and I find that I can layer it up. I am about nc25 and wear this in light/medium, in Canada we have light, light/medium and dark, not sure about other countries (in the reviews I've noticed claims there are only two shades). It comes out really light on your hand but then darkens a lot on your skin, I could of probably gone with light instead.

on 1/23/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't really expect much from this product but it surprised me.
The light colour is not really light - i have really light yellow undertoned skin and this one is little bit to dark, but when blended, looks okay. The texture is really watery - you have to storage your bottle upside down or the product will just run out of the bottle. But still i like the texture - it is not heavy and easy to blend.
Coverage is fine. I have really pink cheeks naturally and it looks horrible - it covers them almost, but it doesn't cover blemishes or acne scaring.
It smells like an alcohol - well that's because it's one of the main ingredients - but still it doesn't dry my combinated skin (cheeks and around mouth - dry, forehead, chin & nose - oily) and is quite mattiying. But it's better to use a powder over it.
If you set it with powder (well that depens on which powder do you use), it stays on all the day.
Really good for school days, weekends or events when you just want to have an even skin tone and nothing really heavy and full coverage.
I apply it with flat foundation brush, flat top kabuki brush or my hands.
Recommend and i'll repurchase it. I have one bottle already for 6 months and use it 3-4 times a week, 1/2 - 1/3 still left.

+ blendeable, not heavy, not drying, still mattifying
- texture, could be little bit creamier, little bit orange, packaging

on 1/21/2013 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Overall Rating: 3/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $11-13 US Dollars
COVERAGE: Light-Medium, and its very buildable. I was surprised by how much coverage this gave, considering its a BB cream (more like a tinted moisturizer. Will explain why later). It cancels out all my redness, and blurs all my imperfections.
FINISH: This gives a sort of satin-y finish. Completely undetectable. It can accentuate dry patches, so those with dry skin might want to wear a moisturizer underneath.
TEXTURE: Very runny and liquid-y, which can be a little inconvenient. Its not much of a BB "cream".
SPF: 20
LASTING POWER: This actually does control oil! I didn't even set it with powder and it has lasted my entire day. I did have to blot with a blotting paper a few times, so if you are super oily, it may need to be set with powder.
SHADES:In the US, there is "Light/Medium" which is what I got, there is also a "Medium/Deep" and a "Deep".
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Sadly... this is why I cant use this awesome, awesome stuff. It does tend to break me out a bit, which is so sad! This SERIOUSLY would be the best thing ever if it didnt break me out.
PACKAGING: Usually, I have no problem with squeeze tubes. However, this stuff is so insanely runny that it leaks out of the tube. I have to store it right-side up.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: No :(
FINAL VERDICT: I really like this, but I would not consider it a BB cream. Reason why is I did not find any ingredients in it that can correct any skin problems over time. The whole point of a BB cream is it is supposed to have skin care ingredients in it, which this does not. Plus it breaks me out :(