MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 9/23/2002 1:27:00 AM

I'm Asian with fair skin and I use C3. I've been using Studio Fix for the past 4 years and I definitely have no complaints! It lasts all day long, and it has great coverage without being too heavy. It's awesome because I don't need to use liquid foundation, and it's way better than regular pressed powders. Lasts a lot longer too! It doesn't dry out my skin, and does a good job removing shine. I like the packaging because it has 2 compartments to separate the sponge applicator so that it doesn't "sit" on top of the powder. MAC has a huge selection of shades so you're bound to find an exact match! The price is extremely reasonable especially compared to other high end products that don't work as well. I much prefer my Studio Fix to NARS Pressed Powder. Until a product proves better, I'm definitely sticking to this one!

on 9/17/2002 2:47:00 AM

This is a holy grail for me. Highly recommend and nice coverage.

on 9/10/2002 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Thick, caky, does not stop oil, and hard to blend. Although NC-30 is such a perfect match, it still wouldn't help much. MAC, you could have done better, after all you are a professional line.

I always use this powder. Its a staple product , it really marries the foundation together. Its a nice soft texture. It comes in the widest range of neutral shades, that aren't overly peach or orange in colour.

on 9/9/2002 8:34:00 AM

I'm in LOVE! This product is wonderfull! I bought it after asking about what foundation powder to get and thanks to all the ladies that helped I finally chose this. The colour is PERFECT and its the first for me as all the others seem to cater for the lighter shade! However, the SA told me that it wasn't matte so i got the BLOT Powder as well and I just blot my T zone after finishing with my make up and its stood the test in Hot and Humid Malaysia! Yey!!!!

on 8/25/2002 2:43:00 AM

I've used StudioFix pretty much every day for years now, love it, and it's obviously one of my staple products. I need extra coverage due to my ruddy complexion, and I always apply this over my foundation. I have them everywhere - home, purse, & office. My only complaint would be that it SEEMS that after being used for awhile, the product hardens up or something and doesn't apply as well as when it is newer. I sometimes "brush" the top to cure this, but the problem returns. That's really the only reason I'm not giving it 5 lipsticks. I should note that I have sensitive, combo skin, and have had no problems with breakouts or irritation with this product.

on 8/21/2002 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I *love* this product! I discovered it last year when I needed a flawless look for my wedding day - since then this has been a staple for me. It's my holy grail of foundations/powders! My oily, large-pored skin has never looked so smooth and healthy. I usually do a little dusting of loose powder on top, just to make sure the oilies don't get through. I *never* want to be without my Studio Fix.

on 8/17/2002 1:35:00 AM

This is a good powder foundation and does its job of covering well. But the catch is with this foundation is since I have light-medium skin I used NC35 and throughout the day my skin looked as if I had turned 3 shades darker. The MAC lady said this happened because my oily skin caused the foundation to change colour on me so I went a shade lighter. I usually wear a sheer liquid foundation then blot this over it. Warned this may go cakey, but ah well, this is altogether a good foundation.

on 7/26/2002 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my holy grail! At least everyday I get a comment on my skin (good comments, that is). Studio Fix makes my skin looks flawless. It is a little thick, not good for the dry skinned. They have colors for everyone too, I am a C30 and I have prominent yellow undertones in my asian skin so it is hard to find a matching foundation.

on 7/19/2002 7:21:00 PM

On me, the color NC20, and slightly oily in the summer, dry in the winter skin, this foundation refused to blend and settled unevenly on my skin. on a friend of mine, it looked great, but she did have nearly perfect skin. that may be the key to this foundation, however, it didn't work on me. i like the consistency of it, and the packaging, and *sometimes* it would look okay with a powder brush, but overall, i was dissatisfied and returned it. they took it back with no problem after a month and i got another foundation (studio tech) that did about the same. but that's another review.
Well, i tried this again, and i think it's because I'm taking better care of my skin - it's more moisturized, no flakes, etc, that this is working for me. the color match of course is great, and even with the sponge it makes my face look matte and provides just enough coverage without looking cakey. i love this, and i'm really glad i tried it again. continued >>