MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/20/2003 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have C3 which suits my complexion (I'm usually the second or third lightest shade in foundations). The key to using this is to exfoliate and moisturize first because if you don't then it will emphasize every flake and dry patch on your face. I like that this is quick and easy to apply. One swipe lightly around my face provides sheer coverage. Of course if you are looking for more coverage than you can get it from this compact.

on 1/19/2003 4:58:00 AM

Good coverage, doesn't get cakey or oily. I haven't found my exact color match yet though--I'm in between shades. I dust it on with a brush, otherwise it can look cakey on me.

on 1/18/2003 7:54:00 PM

I love virtually everything I have ever tried from MAC, but I have to say I thought the STUDIO FINISH MATTE FOUNDATION was a little disappointing. The coverage wasnt really enough for me and I thought my face was a bit oily from it as well. Not my fave MAC product.

on 1/17/2003 5:45:00 PM

I had the compact foundation and it was just way to cakey. it suck right into the little lines on my face. my skin is dry as it is and this made me look worse.

on 1/14/2003 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't really like the Studio Fix. When I put it on I look really pasty and "all one color." I think the texture is too thick? I do like to wear it brushed lightly over a tinted moisterizer.

on 1/10/2003 12:31:00 PM

I'm a sheer-foundation type of girl, so a full-coverage product like Studio Fix kinda scared me. As it turns out, my fears were unfounded! I still don't like to use it with the sponge, but with a brush this stuff is fantastic! Plus, I emailed a MAC artist (so I could buy online) and she picked the perfect color for me, just from a description! It makes my skin look nearly flawless, and feels like nothing on. Terrific product!

on 1/9/2003 11:08:00 PM

I don't know why people are so in love with this product. It must be some mass hallucination, or else everyone has bought into the hype. I have combination skin, no major breakouts or blotchiness. I was looking for something lightweight to even out my skin tone. I saw a photo of myself wearing Studio Fix and I was appalled; I looked drawn and tired and nearly twice my age. I exchanged it for "Spice" lipliner, which I love. Kudos must go to MAC, however, for their color selection and the vibrancy and quality of their lipsticks and eye shadows.

on 1/9/2003 8:49:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. Its quick,easy to apply, and lasts. * update- have found that I need to use a *super* hydrating cream on the skin before using this, as it will enhance any dryness.its a Ok product, not sure if I will buy again*

on 1/9/2003 12:48:00 AM

i love this product! i used covergirl and maxfactor products before this, and i'll never go back. studiofix works very well with just about any kind of liquid foundation, but i usually use it by itself. it's not a bad price either. packaging looks very slick and compact, and i WILL buy this product over and over. i've heard stories about this product being drying and causing pimples, but i've not had that problem at all, and i have fairly sensative skin.

on 1/8/2003 8:47:00 PM

I really like this color and product! The NC-20 matches my really pale skin and evens out my skin tone nicely. This is the first product that matched my undertones and pale pale skin!

I agree that if you have dry skin, you MUST moisturize first. But it's a nice product and lasts forever!