MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 2/5/2003 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After all these years- I come back to this foundation. ( I started using this in 1996! ) I started to get break outs and thought it was because of this- not the case ( it was hormonal.) I found that it works best with a kabuki type brush- it gives really good coverage and the color selection is great. ( I found that C35- works the best for me, shame that MAC doesn't offer that color in their other range of face products. ) I don't use this as a touch ups during the day- otherwise it cakes ups and looks funny- that's what Blot powder is for.

on 2/4/2003 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. Love this. NC20 great coverage, I don't find it to be too thick. Here's my use of it. I wash my face in the AM, apply Kiehl's ultra facial moisturizer, then apply MAC spf 15 concealer to spots, then dust on MAC loose powder in NC20 to set and then go on to other makeup (eye, lip etc). I use the Studio Fix as touch-up during the day! Perfect after use of blotting film. It's so great because you can just put it where you need it (under eyes, nose, chin) and it keeps you looking fresh and clean all day. So nice, and fabulous! :-)

on 2/4/2003 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this. NC20 great coverage, I don't find it to be too thick.

So nice, and Fabulous x 10! :-)

on 2/1/2003 2:39:00 AM

Studiofix foundation is great. It gives great coverage but doesn't look overly obvious. I seem to be fickle when it comes to foundations so while I do like this one, I rotate with my other foundations as well.

on 1/26/2003 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the Studiofix foundation..It's a dry powder that you can build on to full coverage..I love the coverage it gives but my only gripe is that I get oily really fast. I have combination skin so that happens anyway. You have to be careful with picking the right color or sometimes it can turn orange..This is a staple in my make-up box but I wouldn't recommend this for very dry skin..Be careful not to get it around your eyes or it will emphasize them like most powder foundations.

on 1/23/2003 9:54:00 PM

This does have nice coverage but I've noticed that within an hour of applying it my skin looks oily and my pores look bigger. I'm going to stick to my liquid foundations.

on 1/23/2003 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I started with StudioFix since it seemed like the easiest foundation to use. And it is...very easy to apply, you don't have to think about it. But it is much better suited for someone who doesn't have my dry, parched, eczema-prone skin. Even with moisturizing before hand, it emphasizes all the dry flaky spots on my face. But it does last an incredibly long time. I had mine for three years before I switched to liquid foundation.

on 1/23/2003 12:38:00 AM

THis emphasizes any dryness on my skin even if I think I have taken care of it with a moisturizer first. I do not like this product--although it seems to be popular and has a very wide range of shades.

on 1/22/2003 1:21:00 AM

I've used StudioFix pretty much every day for years now, love it, and it's obviously one of my staple products. I need extra coverage due to my ruddy complexion, and I always apply this over my foundation. I have them everywhere - home, purse, & office. My only complaint would be that it SEEMS that after being used for awhile, the product hardens up or something and doesn't apply as well as when it is newer. I sometimes "brush" the top to cure this, but the problem returns. That's really the only reason I'm not giving it 5 lipsticks. I should note that I have sensitive, combo skin, and have had no problems with breakouts or irritation with this product.

on 1/21/2003 2:11:00 PM

I have to say that this is the only "foundation" I have purchased over and over again. Until I tried it I never really liked any foundation - be it liquid, compact, etc. It goes on very smooth and it evens out my skintone perfectly. I can get oily on my forehead so I just you their blot powder to control that.

I agree with other posters that you need to use this sparingly. Too much can make you look fake. If you are afraid to use the sponge just lightly brush it on. I do that alot in summer when less is necessary.