L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 11/14/2012 9:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this foundation BUT only for the colder days. This foundation is for dryer skin, this foundation feels so moisturizing on the skin, NOT oily just moisturizing!

I was not expecting to like this at ALL to the point where I already had regret in the checkout line at Ulta. (I have had bad luck with L'Oreal products for awhile.) Man, was I wrong. Since I got this 3 months ago it's the only foundation that has touched my face and I have no desire to try anything else. First, I LOVE pump packaging because it's neater to use and more convenient, IMO. One pump produces only a small dollop of product but I was shocked to see how well it covered my entire face. (I might use 1.5 to 2 pumps if I'm having a bad skin day or I'm going to be photographed, but most of the time 1 pump is perfect). It glides on like a dream and it blends seamlessly into the skin. It has good coverage but does appear cakey in the least even when you build it up a bit. This all probably sounds like ad copy, but for me it is the truth--L'Oreal really delivered on this one. Great quality product and I hope they never discontinue it!

on 11/7/2012 1:25:00 AM

1) Con: Shade selection is really strange, this is my main gripe. Revlon CS in Buff is a hair too light for me in the summer but it's perfect in the winter. L'Oreal Lumi doesn't have a W2, which would probably my color. I'm using W3 which works if I do a light layer and blend some onto my neck. My face and neck are lighter than my body though, so maybe this is a good thing? I need to think on this.

2) Con: W1-2 and W3 are also oddly peachy for a warm foundation. W4 is a lot better. Surprisingly, W4 also worked for me when I put on a light layer.

3) Pro: Offers great coverage in a lightweight formula. I can layer over areas that need it without it becoming cake-y looking.

4) Pro: Kinder on skin for dry winter weather. The main reason I looked for a new foundation. Revlon CS highlighted flakes and dry skin.

5) Pro: Formula works with my sunscreen. I switched to using a sunscreen on my face instead of a high SPF moisturizer because I was already moisturizing with argan oil. Revlon CS and Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 70 apparently do not mix well. The combination made me look like I had little flakes all over my face.

6) IDK. Upon application, this formula looks too dark and too peach (pink/orange) on me.

*Edit: can't take it anymore it is way too dark. Exchanging.
**Edit 2: Nope. My skin has a olive/green undertone, all of this line's foundations are too peachy on me. I took a bottle of my regular Revlon CS in Buff and compared it to all the foundations in the drugstore. It seems Revlon is the only brand that makes foundation that has the least amount of red/orange/pink in it.

on 11/6/2012 4:09:00 PM

Needed an everyday foundation that gave me good coverage, yet not heavy. This is a great option for me. I am now able to save my Lancôme foundation for weekends and going out. I highly recommend this foundation. Use a foundation brush to apply cuz a little goes a long way.

on 11/6/2012 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Highlighted all my flakes. Returned.

on 11/1/2012 9:53:00 PM

I was disappointed because there is no shade in between W1 and W2 although it said it's "true match". W1 was a little to light for me and W2 was way to dark but I got the W1 anyways. I like the natural finish of this foundation. But I hate the way it sits on top of my face and doesn't blend well. It makes me oily through out the day as well.

on 11/1/2012 1:26:00 PM

i've recently switched over to loose mineral makeup but in the cooler months my skin plays games with me and turns combo/dry instead of combo/oily.

i also feel like my skin loses all luminosity during the colder months and I'm not really for highlighting so I thought this luminizing foundation would do the trick.

I got W3 and it works for my NC25/30 skintone. The formulation is thin and glides on very nicely, blending into my skin naturally and evenly. I use 3 pumps for my entire face. I really like the light coverage it provides although I'm not how much luminizing is really going on. I top this with a light application of Cargo Blu-Powder and my skin stays relatively oily free for about 3 hours, then I have to blot.

I've noticed that this starts to break down after about 6/6.5 hours of wear, which isn't too bad for a light coverage foundation.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this, but in general I really like l'Oreal foundations anyway (except the original True Match).

on 10/17/2012 11:12:00 PM

I enjoy this product a lot. While it may not give the full coverage most would look for in a foundation, I find it light and blends easily into my skin. It doesn't leave me feeling oily, and it doesn't take much to give a clean look, which means my bottle will (hopefully) last much longer. I like it, I give it two thumbs up.

on 10/17/2012 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

So for reference I am a MAC NC30-35. I picked up W5 Sand Beige and W6 Sun Beige because it was a BOGO 1/2 off and with the changing seasons I thought it would be nice to have two shades to mix together. It has an SPF of 20. The foundation blends smoothly with the Ecotools Buffing Brush.

The wear of the foundation is pretty decent. I put this on at 10:30am and by 7pm I could still see it lasting on my face. It did fade on my cheeks but that was also in part of me leaning on my hands.

Now for the bad news... I have dry skin and I found that throughout the day I became shiny and greasy. I seriously never get oily so I know it's not me. I could just tell that the natural dewiness I get when I first put this on becomes a greaseball as the day progressed. It's the strangest thing ever. I set my foundation with UD All Nighter Setting Spray. I never use powder because it clings to my flaky areas, but I just might have to in order to combat the greasiness I get as I wear this foundation.

So as a recap, the color match is nice, the coverage is good for me, and the lasting power is pretty good. However the greasy feeling I get with this foundation is not my cup of tea. I'm thinking that this would be good for winter time because the oil/shine I get can bring moisture to my skin. All in all, this is an okay foundation. I'll keeping testing it throughout the seasons to find the best time to wear it.

***Just to compare to the Neutrogena Health Skin Liquid Makeup. I wear Natural Beige 60 and it's just a tad lighter than Loreal's W5 Sand Beige. They both are supposed to give you a "natural dewy" look. I feel that Neutrogena really looks like skin. However, I'm stuck with one shade because if I go any darker in the Neutrogena Line I'll look weird because they have pink and gray undertones. Neutrogena also doesn't come with a pump. Which makes Loreal's pump a plus. Although Loreal blends smoothly I can still tell that there's foundation on my skin. I'd personally go with Neutrogena. If you have one, you don't really need the other.

on 10/14/2012 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i got this in a shade that is maybe 2 shades too dark so that I can mix it with my other foundations that are too light for me but still love the finish of. I usually mix this foundation with other foundations that are long lasting and more of a matte finish. I think the mixture of those two are just amazing! on it's own, i may not use it too often bc i feel it would slip off my face, however if you want a dewy finish and if you want something like the revlon photoready but without the shimmer, than this is it! it does provide great luminosity with no shimmer ! Also if you like revlon colorstay but want something a bit thinner and something that glides on, mix this with it! its great