L'Oreal Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner

4.1

on 11/20/2009 3:50:00 AM

This is the first pencil liner I have ever used and I love it! It looks great and goes on really easy. I have been given lost of compliments on my eyes since I started using this liner :). It stays on for a long time and doesn't really smudge. Definitely a new staple in my makeup bag, especially because of the cheap price!

on 11/14/2009 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Stila Kajal in Onyx use to be my HG of eyeliner pencils, but this has taken it's place! I honestly didn't think it was possibly to replace Onyx, but now I have. I find this pencil to be more precise, it lasts all day without smudging (if you set with shadow), and can create a cat eye or smokey eye easily. The colour is a very intense black (as the name suggests). I got this free with the L'Oreal Extra-Volume Collagen Mascara (one of my favourite mascaras) and I will be repurchasing this after I'm done! IMO L'Oreal has THE BEST makeup for drugstore!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wow. I really love this eyeliner! I bought it in Black/Noir & it glides on soooooo smoothly in a rich, dark black color. It's an awesome liner. I give it two thumbs up :)

on 11/12/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week, and everyday think to myself how glad I am that I tried it!! I had gotten to the point that I'd quit trying pencils and was back to using liquid liner, which I do not like as well. As far as pencils - I've tried a bazillion eyeliner pencils over the years, and they're either too smooth (and as a result I get a ton of smudges) or they're too hard on my (and everyone else's) delicate eyelid area. And as far as staying power-this is the first liner pencil I've tried that truly lives up to it's claims.

This one is perfection. I get a minimum of smudging from it (it stays in place for several hours), and it goes on very smoothly. By the way, I used the tip that another reviewer left on the boards, to freeze the pencil before sharpening it, which worked like a charm. Thanks!

EDIT: Yes, I was really impressed with this eye liner/gel pencil - and still am. However, it's now my second favorite... I got the gel eyeliner made by Wet and Wild (comes in a little pot and an eyeliner application brush), based on reviews I read here on MA. I've got to say, the Wet and Wild outperformed the L'Oreal Lineur Intense - at least in my opinion. While the Lineur Intense has good staying power, the Wet and Wild did even better and stayed on longer. Plus, it's just $3.99!! I still prefer the L'Oreal Lineur Intense colors, as they come in several shades, but as far as the black gel liner, Wet and Wild is now my #1.

on 11/10/2009 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this e/l! I have MAC's feline and stila's kajal e/l in onyx and i love this product more. Its stays on all day when i set it with a black shadow. It does take more of an effort to put on since I'm used to using MAC's fluidline in blacktrack but its so worth it. I apply it with an e/l brush so i can get a more precise line. I loved this so much that i bought one in brown and even bought my sister one (and she loves it too!)

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love how smooth it goes on.I have never used an eyeliner that went on as smooth as this one does.The color is a jet black which I really love.It stays put all day.What I don't love is how thick the line is and how you can not sharpen it to get a thin even with a good sharpener.I would buy this over and over again if it went on more thin and sharpened better.

on 11/1/2009 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have these in brown and gray. They're almost as good as Estee Lauder's Double Wear pencil e/l minus the smudger on the other end. Comparable in wear to UD 24/7 but there's no annoying glitter. These are very creamy and go on like a dream with no tugging or skipping so a light hand is all it takes to apply. I haven't had any problems sharpening them but I put them in the freezer first to firm them up. Still, it's hard to get a very fine point because the liner itself is very soft. The price is fantastic (compared to EL or UD) but I really miss the convenience of having a smudger on the other end. I would like to try it in purple and green.

on 10/19/2009 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this e/l after reading the good reviews here, and I must say I am really disappointed. I am strictly a liquid/gel/cream liner girl for the last 13 years, so I was excited to find the same intense look in a pencil. While the intensity is there, the precision most certainly is not. The line it creates is so thick, it was impossible to apply to the lid, let alone to try and "wing"! Even with repeated sharpening (which wastes lots of product), I still couldn't get it to work right. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 10/18/2009 4:24:00 PM

While it is true this eyeliner goes on nice and smooth. However, you have to sharpen the pencil every time you use it and after you sharpen the first time, it's ouch, ouch, ouch!!! L'Oreal needs to perfect this pencil and make it in the automatic form. I definitely would not purchase this item again. L'Oreal's felt tip eyeliner is a much better product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Perfect for tightlining as it gives a natural look, glides on easy, and has excellent staying power. The only drawback is that I seem to be going through this pencil rather quickly, and I'm not a heavy user.