Clairol Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-76, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1. (2011 formulation)

on 9/23/2006 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Herbal Essences for a long time and have been happy with the results. I have long thick wavy hair. I was happy to try the new version.
Although I wasn't wild about the stronger scent, both the shampoo and conditioner seemed to work very well. My hair was soft and managable.
Unfortunately I had to stop using it because of a horrific allergic reaction. After the 3 or 4th time I used it my face and neck began getting big red. intensly itchy splotches and swelling. I stopped using it and th reactions improved, so I tried it one last time and I had a severe reaction with my eyes swollen shut.
Needless to say, I won't be using it again. I do think it is a good product at a fair price.
(I just wish I knew which ingredient I reacted to)

on 9/23/2006 1:34:00 AM

This shampoo made my hair noticeably silky after the first wash! I've never felt an immediate difference with any shampoo before. I always thought it was the conditioner that mattered but I thought wrong!

I do think the silicones will build up eventually, but for now my hair looks GREAT. Nothing that a clarifying shampoo won't rebalance.

It smells like delicious coconuts and it's so cheap too! continued >>

on 9/22/2006 10:57:00 AM

Wow! I can't believe I'm the first negative review for this shampoo. Well I actually bought this for my 14 year old daughter. She has very thick wavy hair that she blows dries and hot irons every few days. She normally uses the Matrix sleek shampoo but when I saw all the wonderful reviews on this product I thought I would give it a try. Well I don't know if its because I'm use to the way the matrix leaves her hair but this left her hair very dry and coarse. Even after straightning it it was puffy and dry. The matrix sleek always leaves her hair smooth and silky. So I decided I would give the shampoo a try since I already purchased it. Well it left my hair also very very dry. I can't believe this is suppose to be a moisturizing shampoo. It did the exact opposite of what it claims. I'm very surprised that this shampoo got such wonderful reviews.

on 9/9/2006 9:46:00 AM

I love this! It smells sooooo good and it lathers up really well, you just need a small amount (and I have fairly thick, long hair.)

My hair tends to be very dry and frizzy, and after using this for 2 weeks it's a big improvement! the packaging is so cute, and it works just as good as any salon or more expensive brands.

on 8/31/2006 7:09:00 PM

I've been using this for about two weeks (on and off), and I LOVE it. It has become a regular part of my rotation. First off, it smells wonderful and the color is blue, like the bottle. :) The scent is very coconutty and pretty. It lathers very nicely and feels smooth while it's being massaged into the scalp and hair. It does contain silicones, but since I don't use it every day (and I use Aussie Mega or Suave Smoothing in between), I haven't noticed any build-up. This new line from Herbal Essences is a huge hit in my opinion. Better products and I lose a lot less strands of hair in the shower than I did with the old/original formulas. For reference, my hair is long, fine, wavy, and unprocessed.. I blow dry it straight daily.. and flat-iron the front pieces on occasion. :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this shampoo!!! It smells sooooooo good and leaves my hair feeling super clean (but not stripped), silky soft and so shiny!!! It smells amazing and is very creamy and moisturizing. It lathers up great too. I use this along with the matching hello hydration conditioner and I just love the way my hair looks and feels. My boyfriend loves the way it smells too. :) Definitely a repurchase for me. I am loving the new Herbal Essences lines, I want to try the dangerously straight too, but I love the coconut scent, it smells so good! Probably one of the very best shampoos & conditioners (beats most of my salon faves) out there! Good stuff.

on 8/24/2006 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I initially used this as a sample that I brought with me to my shore vacation. The water in the hotel was quite soft (mine at home is hard well water) and this shampoo worked so amazingly well I almost did not need conditioner. I was so impressed on how this line worked that I stopped at a CVS and bought the full sized poo and conditioner. I also realized that the true test would come when I used it at home with my yucky water. It has been two weeks now since I have been home, and I have so say I am still impressed with this line. Of course, the results are not the same as they were when I was at the shore, but that is the fault of my water. Even so, my hair is soft, shiny and actually feels moisturized after using this shampoo and conditioner. I am a product junkie and I have literally about 15 bottles of shampoo and conditioner in my house from brands such as Nexxus, Aveda, Back to Basics, Redken, Aura, Neutrogena, L'oreal Professional...etc. This shampoo is as good as any of them at a lesser price. This will become a regular product in my household.

on 8/19/2006 3:13:00 PM

I am so impressed with the new herbal essences line! I have fine damaged hair(too much coloring and blow drying). But, it magically turns to silk when I use this shampoo and conditioner. I can't believe something so inexpensive from Wal Mart can do such wonders to my hair! I will ofcourse be repurchasing.

on 8/19/2006 9:40:00 AM

My hair is fine, brown, shoulder length, and it has a tendency to frizz or to get spilt ends. I don't color it, except when I use a mixture of neutral & brown henna every few months, which washes out. The trick for me is to find products which will not further dry out my hair, but that won't make it flat either, since it is pretty fine. This shampoo does a pretty good job of moisturizing. It has a creamy, silky texture, lathers well, and smells nice, if not a bit overwhelming. It may be a bit too heavy for my hair, but I think I'll try alternating it with something else to see if that helps. This would probably work well for someone who has dry hair, but lots of it (which I don't). Overall, it's a decent product.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

At first, the shampoo and conditioner seemed to produce postive results in my hair, making it feel softer. But then, I realized that throughout the course of the day, my hair would get very frizzy and fried up. This had never happened before, so I presumed it was the doings of Hello Hydration since it occurred only after I switched.