Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

4.2

Ingredients: Microdermabrasion Treatment with Derma-Crystals (Net wt 2.2oz/64g): Peg-8, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica Silylate, Polysorbate 20, Niacinamide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Yellow 5, Red 40 Peel Activator Serum (2fl ox/59mL): Water, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA 5/30/09

on 8/18/2006 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily, sensitive skin and this product was just too harsh for me. The scrub was grittier than I would have liked, but it smelled nice. When I put the peel on, my face immediately started to burn. I washed it off right away, but already my face was tomato red and painfully irritated. Not a good product for me but I gave it two lippies because it smells nice and the scrub part alone is not too bad.

on 8/17/2006 10:33:00 PM

I'm about done with the activator serum, so I thought this would be a good time to post this review. i have acne prone, oily skin (though it hasn't always been this way). this product didn't aggravate my acne, but I don't feel that it is much more than a glorified facial scrub. The two-step process is a bit cumbersome, and when I'm tired at night, it's not my favorite thing to do. I don't feel that I gained anything from this kit that I wouldn't have had otherwise using a simple facial scrub. (for the same scrubby feel, with less mess and probably less money, I like MAC microfine refinisher.)

on 8/12/2006 6:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a very high quality product that is less drying than other glycolic acid products I have used, but the two step system is very messy and it is an intense exfoliation that causes my skin to be a little sensitive for a couple of days afterwards. I recommend both this and the Olay Thermal Skin Polisher generally speaking, but I prefer the Thermal Skin Polisher because it's a bit more gentle and isn't so messy. If you don't know which one to get, I say try both and see which one you like better.

on 8/12/2006 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

EDIT: To the reviewer below who said she uses this every other day despite the product warning that you should use no more than 2x per week, you are damaging your skin!! There is a reason why those guidelines are in place. Too frequent exfoliation is NOT a good thing, regardless of your skin sensitivity. If it were healthy to use it more than 2x per week, the company would not have set that restriction!

Holy Grail! This stuff rocks!! My skin is amazingly soft for days after using this kit, not just a day or less like most masks. I love that it only takes 2 minutes too! No more 20 minute masks to scare my dogs! :) I use once a week. Those with moderate to high sensitive skin should avoid. My sister couldn't get past the crystals step because it was too intense for her, but she used the crystals alone anyway and at least liked that part. The fact that I don't have to spend $50+ for a kit of this quality is the best part. Thanks Olay!

This makes my skin so soft. I just love this product. Holy Grail!

on 8/3/2006 3:53:00 PM

I wanted to like this kit...However, now my skin is oily after using it 2x a week for a period of 4 weeks.

on 7/26/2006 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've used this product maybe 3 times and I'm really liking it so far. Really seems to smooth my skin and remove buildup. I'm acne prone and this has not broken me out, and it even seems to help with red marks left from recent breakout, which is great and not something I was expecting. I do have an issue with the price, it's $32 in Canada at Walmart, which seems ridiculous after you actually get the product out of it's ridiculously large packaging. It's just 2 little things of product. But we will see how long it lasts. I think the crystals and the serum are definitely out of proportion - I'm sure I will run out of serum before running out of the crystals - BUT I think the crystals can still be used effectively as a scrub on it's own. So all in all - LOVE the product, hate the packaging/value for your money.

on 7/24/2006 7:19:00 PM

The BEST microdermabrasion I've tried yet. Nothing beats this and the price is not too expensive either. I've tried other high end microdermabrasion kits and nothing works as good as this one. Even my facialist compliments my skin each time she sees me! I use this once a week and it makes my skin SUPER smooth, I can't stop touching it!! Brightens my skin and my pores looks smaller and smaller each time I use it. I'm on my 2nd kit and will continue using it forever and ever! Another added plus? Absolutely helped A LOT with acne, no more zits for me, only a tiny pimple sometimes, even during my period!!

on 7/14/2006 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Mmmmm. Smells heavenly. Like tangerines. This is a nice little product. Definitely not as effective as a professional microdermabrasion treatment, but I suppose that goes without saying. Love the way the activator makes the scrub foam up... feels great. This product makes my greasy, zit-prone skin smooth and squeaky clean. I use it as a treat on the weekends. Have repurchased twice so far.

on 7/6/2006 2:56:00 PM

For home microderm kits I've tried this one, Loreal's ReFinish, Physician's Formula for sensitive skin, and this one is definitely my favourite. It does give you a bit of a glow and make your skin softer and smoother. It also seems to increase the effects of other products you might use. I'm using it in conjunction with (alternating) Avene Diacneal or Neutrogena acne mark fade mask at night, and Avalon organics Vit C serum during the day, and my skin has been far clearer with scars from acne fading much more quickly than usual. I really think it's some kind of synergy between all the products, because when I only use 1, the effect is non-existent. Anyway, I've been able to go off birth control, which I used to control my skin, and it's better than ever! The one thing you might notice is that freckles seem a bit more prominent, even with using excellent sunscreen. Not sure if this effect will diminishes with time as it has with the acne marks.
UPDATE: I don't think this product was ideal for my skin after all. It's irritating and a little drying for sensitive types. Taking off a lippie.

Popular Scrubs