Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 1/22/2007 2:51:00 PM

I really don't know why this cleanser is rated as number one. I hear great reviews, but my friend, my mom, and I all agree that it really doesn't cleanse our faces. I tried the product for a month and was surprised that after I washed my face, I still had makeup on. Afterwards I used my toner, and my cotton swab was filthy. I didn't like the waxy feel it left after I washed my face. I didn't feel like it cleaned my skin at ALL. The only good thing I can say about the product is that it didn't cause me to breakout, so it was gentle, but other than that I really didn't see all the hype. For those of you who love it, more power to ya.

on 1/21/2007 3:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Excellent cleanser for dry skin. It only takes a little, and adds moisture. My skin tends to be very dry--esp in winter--but I've been able to cut down on moisturizer since I started using Cetaphil. It's not good for heavy make-up, but will remove light make-up and does an excellent job of general cleansing.

on 1/16/2007 11:44:00 PM

Love this cleanser. Especially wiping it off with a tissue or soft cloth. It's my make-up remover/cleanser. It's perfect for those who have tired eyes. I work in a computer all day and I don't wan't to wash my facec with water because of my tired eyes. It does not cause pimples. It's absolutely perfect!

on 1/16/2007 9:37:00 PM

The best way to describe this product is uninvasive. It doesn't really give you that 'clean' feeling but then again, it doesn't seem to have done anything but soften the skin. Which is very handy for sensitive skin but not so much for people who need a more aggressive cleanser.

I don't use this on its own but it combination with Clearasil's 'Ultra' daily face wash (in a 1:1 ratio). I've found it my solution to acne-proned skin. The Clearasil gel gives my routine a kick and the Cetaphil softens the skin (as the Clearasil can leave it a bit dry).

I also use it as an exfoliant two times a week. I mix about a table spoon of bicarbonate powder (baking soda) with a few pumps of cetaphil to make a paste. I first used this before going to bed and the next day there was a nice improvement in the texture of my skin. I reccomend it!

on 1/15/2007 12:31:00 PM

Oh, Cetaphil. I will never doubt you. This is the best cleanser EVER. Once in awhile I am tempted to try something new, like SkinCeuticals. Never works. This is the best cleanser. I have been using it for years and will never leave it. It is gentle, does not cause break-outs, is cheap and you can find it anywhere. What more can you ask of a cleanser! It does a lovely job of just cleaning your face. I am 41 and still prone to break-outs. I've been using Cetaphil since my early 30s and it works well with my changing skin.

on 1/15/2007 4:40:00 AM

Purchased a huge bottle of this. It does nothing bad to my skin such as causing breakouts however, I did not notice anything good. I jsut would not repurchase because I do not get a CLEAN feeling after rinsing. It almost feels like my skin is left slimmy. It may be a good thing and my skin left with moisturizer on it but anything that clings to my skin like vaseline makes me feel not as clean. I will stick to goats milk.

on 1/14/2007 4:59:00 PM

Cetaphil cleanser is indeed very gentle. It didn't do anything to clear up occasional acne, but it didnt seem to cause any. The texture was a little slimy, but it didn't leave my skin slimy or oily, but did do a pretty good job of cleansing the skin. Overall, it is just an average cleanser that I might go back to.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have found Cetaphil to be the best makeup remover. I have acne prone skin, so I use Cetaphil to remove my makeup and another product (neutrogena acne wash) to wash my face. (Cetaphil gentle cleanser simply would not clean my skin.) Anyway, I've used Cetaphil as a makeup remover for at least 10 years. I've tried other more expensive makeup removers through the years, but I keep coming back to this.

on 1/13/2007 9:50:00 AM

I have acne prone skin which is oily in the t-zone and dry in other areas. I use this cleanser in the am and pm followed by the moisturizer. It is very effective for the combination skin. It doesn't irritate the skin. I feel this is a good product for the price.

Other reviewers mentioned the smell and feel of the product which I have not noticed.

on 1/12/2007 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I tried Cetaphil based on raves about on a forum that it was super gentle. I tried it because I have acne. This didn't do anything to clear up the problem. First off, it's very difficult to decide how to use it and if you're using it right. It's kind of a pain to use if you wear makeup which I do. Also it seems to leave a filmy feeling on my skin. I agree with the reviewer who said it made her skin feel dirty. I keep hearing good things about Cetaphil so a part of me wants to give it another try, but I also know I went through an entire bottle of it once and it didn't do a thing for me.