Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

I adore Cetaphil products and this is no exception. Especially good for my winter skin regimen, I use Cetaphil year round to really keep my skin both clean and moisturized. I especially like the convenience of using it on a cotton pad with no water which means even if I'm traveling, it's always convenient. I also love that I can buy this in bulk!

on 2/5/2007 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this cleanser. It's very gentle and doesn't make my skin dry or cause it to break out.

on 2/3/2007 11:18:00 AM

This is a number one Dermatologist tested and recommended product. Reason: it never irritates skin because there are no harsh chemicals. No, it doesn't remove eye makeup, but why are you treating your eyelids so harshly to try and remove eye makeup by scrubbing with soap? Do you want wrinkles?

Invest in a good eye makeup remover. I like one from Bath and Body because, one, it works, and two, the packaging is attractive enough to leave on my vanity top for easy everyday access. I also keep an attractive glass cotton holder on my vanity for the swipes needed to remove the eye makeup.

With the Cetaphil, I keep a small tupperware container of baking soda in the shower. On days I feel I need to exfoliate, I put a small amount in my hand to mix with a couple pumps of the cleanser. My skin comes out baby soft, not too dry, and definitely clean.

I admit, I waste money on moisturizers (La Creme, anyone?), but there is no need to waste on cleansers when you can buy this PERFECT product dirt cheap at the grocery store.

on 2/3/2007 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser isn't anything too special but as noted in other reviews etc, mixing baking soda into a dollop of this stuff (to paste-like consistency) makes an amazing exfoliant. I used to use apricot scrubs but the baking soda leaves my skin softer and smoother than it's ever been. All of my friends who've tried this agree. It's gentle enough not to irritate zits and may prevent them. Give this trick a try.

on 2/2/2007 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

does nothing for my skin.
at all.
weird texture. kinda sticky. this is my least favorite cetaphil product, its kind of a waste of money.
i dont recommend

on 2/1/2007 2:48:00 PM

I bought a Costco 2-pack of this stuff, god, probably two years ago, and still haven't used up either of the jugs yet. It was purchased in hopes that it would be the HG cleanser for my oily, acne-prone skin. It is definitely not an HG for me - I'm guessing it probably is the perfect cleanser for girls with perfect skin. For the rest of us, I guess it's kind of okay.

PROS: Cleans okay. Leaves skin soft. Very gentle cleanser. Works well if you add a little baking soda for exfoliation.

CONS: Feels kind of residue-y. Does NOTHING to remove eye make-up, so I often wonder what else it leaves behind. Doesn't foam or anything, so it feels like rubbing runny lotion on your face (which is totally just a preference thing).

I turn to this usually if I'm not wearing any make-up and just nead a no-frills face wash, or if I have some kind of irritation on my skin. Overall, it's okay and I use it (as opposed to tossing it), but it's just not the best solution for me.

on 1/31/2007 1:12:00 PM

This is a great cleanser for normal to dry skin. My skin is more normal, but love using this in winter especially. I don't use it in summer when I get a bit more oil to my nose & forehead, but still use it a couple times a week with baking soda as a great facial scrub. I had tried this in my 20's when I had more oil and more breakouts and it didn't work for me then. I'm glad I gave it a second try in my late 30's. It never irritates and my skin feels great afterwards without tightening up too quick before I can get my moisturizer on. I also would rather have a pump for this, but will just wash out the pump that came with the Cetaphil moisturizer and use it with my cleanser.

on 1/31/2007 10:31:00 AM

In my mind, this and Purpose cleanser are the two really basic cleansers (basic being a positive attribute here). I bought this when I moved into my apartment because it was a better value than Purpose, but I still have Purpose at my parents' house, and I now find that I am always really happy to use the Purpose when I'm there for holidays because I like it so much better than Cetaphil. Cetaphil isn't bad, but it doesn't lather very well for me (maybe it's not supposed to?), and it doesn't leave my skin feeling really clean or refreshed, although I'm guessing it must be clean. I also don't like the packaging. I'd rather just use a pump than pick this bottle up and turn it upside down and gently squeeze the product out. No breakouts or real problems with it, and I will definitely use it up, which will take forever, but after that I won't buy Cetaphil again.

I strayed from Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, which was the best cleanser I've ever used. Just wanted to try something new, too bad this Cetaphil is not suitable for my skin.. I have combination to oily skin, with acne problems.. And this cleanser kinda worsen my acne problems, especially on my forehead and cheeks. I never have problems with my cheeks before, so maybe this cleanser isn't really for me. I've tried using this for about a month, and there's no sign of improvement.. For those who haven't had luck with any cleanser, I suggest try Neutrogena EGC...I hope it works!

on 1/30/2007 8:44:00 AM

I wasn't sure how this product would work for my conmbination skin. I tried it several years ago and didn't like it at the time but now, my skin is changing and seems a little drier than when I was younger. So i gave it another shot, and I am very happy that I did! My skin felt very "comfortable" after washing with Cetaphil, not tight or dried out. I use it in the morning (when I am not wearing any makeup) and am very pleased so far. I recommend it!