New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great bronzer, very light, good for fair skin. Used it everyday during summer time. Very bendable and build-able for a darker color. Also can be used all other the face in a light dusting. Not orangey at all, completely matte. A very good buy for light skin tones.

on 12/3/2011 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product because of all the hype. I was so excited to try this out... The pigmentation is sheer but definitely build-able for contouring. The colour was pretty nice on my slightly tan Asian skin but unfortunately this broke me out. After applying this in the morning, when I looked in the mirror halfway through the school day, i found small little bumps on the hollows of my cheeks... Too bad...

on 11/22/2011 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is actually one of those products that really does live up to all the hype. Why spend money on expensive bronzers with this around? I will always have this in my collection and do reach for it often, love that it's matte and has zero shimmer.
The color is buildable and I usually use a light hand with this as I am very fair. Yes the packaging is cheap but I've hit pan on mine and the case is still intact. Who cares anyways for the price you pay? the product inside is what matters and at least it comes with a mirror. Would never be without this.

on 11/13/2011 2:09:00 AM

I have to layer this a few times for it to show up, even on my fair NW15 skin. It is blendable though, and a good shade, not too red/ruddy. I actually don't mind having to layer it that much because being so pale, at least it isn't too dark (which is usually the bigger concern). If you have medium to dark skin though, don't even bother. If it barely shows up on me, it will probably not show up at all on a dark skin tone. I give it 3 for being a good enough bronzer for such a cheap price, and for being subtle on my fair skin.

on 11/7/2011 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for nearly a year now and I just feel it has no staying power and hardly shows up. More ends up on my brush and then when it is on my face I am like "where is it?"

I mainly purchased this not for a full face bronzer application but to use on the cheekbones that sink in to emphasize them. It sucks, it doesn't show up at all and I am not even that dark. My skin tone is comparable to that of Asians, I am 1/4 Asian.

Cheap product, yeah. Long lasting? No. And does not show up..unless you have alabaster skin, then it probably does!

on 11/6/2011 10:48:00 PM

after a looong time of hearing and ready raves about this product i finally decided to get my hands on this. when i first used it, oooommggg i fell in love. it has a matte texture and is very smooth. if you have fair skin then this will probably not suite you very well and if you have dark skin it wont show up so the only down side is that it doesnt have a big color selection for different skin tones :( but lucky for me it works :D yay!

on 11/3/2011 5:53:00 PM

So glad I finally found a great drugstore bronzer! This works perfect for my very fair skin. Other products just seemed too orange for me but this gives me a nice natural looking color. Definitely a keeper!

on 11/3/2011 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is great for me, since i'm so fair. I like that it's mate, it looks very natural. Will be repurchasing.

on 10/31/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this bronzer daily for the last couple of weeks. It's a beautiful color not quite brown not quite orange it gives my C3 coloring a healthy glow. I always have to use some sort of blush or bronzer to look alive and give my yellowish skin some color and this is super easy to apply with a fluffy brush on my cheeks, forehead, and a bit on my nose. I haven't touched my Nars laguna or MACs refined golden since I started using this. Its seems those two bronzers can look a little muddy when reapplied throughout the day and sunny is nice and light it doesn't look splotchy after a few hours of wear. In fact I depotted sunny from it's cheap flimsy packaging and refined golden from the Mac compact and switched the two, they fit perfectly! I have been using sunny as a setting powder for my kiehls tinted moisturizer in light, since it's a tad bit light for me and the coverage of these two products together is phenomenal, my skin looks flawless but natural, not too made up. I'm really happy I found such a good product for under $3 I will definitely repurchase when I'm out.

on 10/21/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this - it's the only bronzer I've ever hit pan on. I'm quite fair, but I like that this gives me a little glow without looking fake. I swipe it on with a nice soft brush and am able to blend and build it. It is virtually impossible to get that trademark Orange Bronzer Stripe with this, especially if you layer it over powder (I use a tiny, tiny swipe of MUFE HD under most of my powder blushes, and it seems to work fine with this, too).

UPDATE: Okay, I recently realized that this is the powder analogue to Chanel Soleil de Tan cream bronzer. They look almost identical on my NC20 skin, despite the formulation differences. And...this one's about 30 bucks cheaper! Doesn't last as long but since I'm dry they both stay pretty well unless it's 100 degrees outside.

Popular Bronzers