Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

on 12/5/2010 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

While the packaging is a bit flimsy, what's inside cannot be beat! I've been meaning to buy MAC's Brule for years but every time, I get wooed by another shade that suits me better - Vapour, Dazzlelight, Phloof or my all time favourite, Blanc Type. So I never actually get around to buying Brule. And now I'm glad I haven't because I've found this great "identical twin" for about 1/6th the price.

This is a great shade for highlighting, for a lid colour or for an all over wash on days when you don't want a very complicated look. Worn on its own, as a wash, with a dark navy, a black or a taupe-brown liner, this just makes me look "finished" and evens out the colour of my lids (hiding the blue tinge I have) just perfectly. It's a great way to have a very "polished" look without fuss. I'm just gobsmacked that you can buy such a high quality, blendable, highly pigmented product for such a low price. I will continue to buy and to try more products from the Colour Icon line and from Wet 'n' Wild generally.

on 12/1/2010 1:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this is love! it's my favorite highlight shade ever! I got this at Walgreens for 1.99 a steal, it's small and the packaging is hard to open but that is a small price to pay. I use this everyday as a highlight, it is soft, pigmented, matte shade that works well for my skin tone. It blends well and it overall perfect. The only complaint is my first one I dropped and it shattered, I can still use it, but I bought another one anyway, and for the price I am not too upset.

on 12/1/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been fairly low-maintenance with my makeup lately (it's nearing finals week, ugh) so I've been really into easy neutral colors for everyday and saving my more fancy ones for weekend. WnW has really been a livesaver for me, between Brulee and Nutty I am more than set.
Brulee is a matte, yellow-ish beige, maybe a cream - as people have been writing, it really is "like my eyelids but better." It smooths out all the little imperfections and gives a really even base color to my eyelids. It's idiot-proof, really, I swipe this on in the morning and maybe some Nutty in the crease and I am out the door.
As with most WnW shadows lately, Brulee is buttery soft and very easy to blend, but not chalky at all. I barely need to press on the shadow with my brush to pick up any of it. The pigmentation is great, too, it's a light shade but not sheer.
I completely understand all the hype about this color now, and I'll definitely be stocking up the next time WnW goes on sale (usually Walgreens has 50% off sales, so I got this for $0.99).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This color is AWESOME!! I use this as a highlight, as all over the lid and only eyeliner. Its just great. Color pigmentation is beautiful, smooth silky finish. I definetly recommend this to everyone. This is a great dupe for Mac's Brule as well, except that....I do have to say this is way more pigmented...Sorry Mac, I never tought I would actually say that. There are 2 things I dislike about this shadow but will not make me stop buyingit. 1st. is that it is so fragile that it will brake or fall appart if you hit it even if its not too hard. If it falls thats it it completely brakes in tiny pcs. The other thing is that it is a bit too powdery and agin this wont make me stop purchasing this color, it is my HG highlight shadow for now.

on 11/28/2010 5:53:00 PM

I freaking love this eyeshadow. I always put on some Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and then this to wear to school. Just like someone below me said, it's like my eyelids, but better. Loooooooooooove. I like the little container it's in, too. Fancy schmancy.

on 11/19/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this at Walgreens on sale for 99 cents. I saw that the shadows were on sale, whipped out the phone and got onto MUA to read reviews (duh, because I would never just buy 99 cent eyeshadow as an impulse...LOL...I'm obsessed with reviews I can't help it...). So anyway, the top 3 that MUA seemed to like were Brulee, Nutty and Penny. I bought Brulee, Nutty and Sugar because I liked that white color (reminded me of MAC Vanilla, but I haven't tried it yet). Someone wrote in a review that Brulee is a great everyday was and she is so right...It's a color I'd definitely like to keep in my makeup bag in my purse in case I need a quick fix for eyeshadow, didn't have time to put any on that morning, or spent the night at someone's house and needed a fix in the AM. It's a very pretty color, seems like it would go really well with any skin tone, and the packaging actually isn't too bad either. I find the new Color Icon packaging very cute and easy. I am impressed with the quality and pigmentation of this shadow. I would consider Brulee a staple, and something I'd buy again, and buy multiples of to make sure there was always one around. My 99 cent buy was worth it :)

on 11/19/2010 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought this on a whim, and it didn't disappoint! This is the best matte highlight/base eyeshadow shade I have, I use it practically every day! Works wonders to tone down dramatic colors when you bring them a smidge too high in the crease. I've also used this under the eyes to set my concealer and add a bit more coverage, and it honestly works better there face powder!

Only gripe is I broke the first one trying to get it open, so I depotted my second one and have never looked back!

on 11/19/2010 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a really pretty light mocha brown color that works great as an eye-brightener for your lids and for a base too. It has some yellowy undertones that didn't work for my skin, though that wasn't very noticeable at all after some blending. It isn't too opaque or too shimmery. It goes on creamy and is nicely pigmented. The only thing I didn't like was the packaging, which was really hard to get open.. it's easy to break the container or the shadow itself since it is so hard to open. That's minor though. I wouldn't wear this alone, just because it doesn't make much of a difference at all.. though it works great for neutral looks with coffee browns or topes. It makes blending much easier than if you were just applying shadow to bare skin. I will repurchase.

on 11/18/2010 5:07:00 PM

OMG!!!! I love this color. I'm so so happy that I listened to the other reviews. It is everything that they said it would be. Its a beautiful matte, opague color. I have been looking for something like this. The application is great. Its nice and even. I like to use bronzer on my face and then use this on my entire lid. Looks great.... and for a dollar and change you can't beat it. Will definitely buy again....

on 11/18/2010 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Creamy, silky pigmented ivory shadow that should be in everyone's arsenal. The fact that it's $2 only makes it sweeter. Quality outshines Bobbi Brown's Ivory or Bone. Definite repurchase.