Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 3/8/2013 10:03:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! As somebody with very dry cheeks and forehead I've always struggled to find a balance between great coverage but without looking too matt (and making my dryness worse!)

I've always used GOSH Xceptional Wear in Porcelain (always the lightest shade for me) and although it gave nice coverage it became sticky within a few hours of wear and really sunk in to my creases, Bourjois fixed all these problems!

It glides on the skin, with fantastic coverage but not so much so as too make me look ghostly due to my fair complexion. It leaves a very slightly dewy look and a nice glow, without being sticky or making me look oily. I use my new HG concealer with this my Collection 2000 bargain and my over all base looks perfection, I'm so glad I've finally found my perfect base and without having to fork out £30 for a foundation.

Unsure how this foundation would fair up for someone with oily skin however, if it works so beautifully on my dryer skin I can imagine it may seem rather greasy on someone without this issue. Over all, definitely a build-able product and great for the students pocket! YAY

I reviewed this foundation a while back when I first got it and I definitely didn't do it justice! Im very upset that its been discontinued! :( This foundation is absolutely amazing. It's the best drug store foundation I've tried. It glides on the skin easily, doesn't cling to dry skin and smells lovely. I like the fact that the bottle mechanism enables you to see how much foundation you have left. The lasting power is amazing too! It has a lovely dewy finish, making your face look so radiant and healthy! The only downside to this foundation is the colour range, as it is very limited and the foundation tends to be quite yellow. Now this has been discontinued I don't know what foundation to use! :(

on 3/1/2013 9:47:00 AM

Love love love this foundation! i find that it's actually better than many high end foundations! I use 55/56 (depending on tan!) and just love the way it makes my skin look as well as how nicely it goes on. One of the best foundations i've tried by far and i have tried MANY!!

on 2/28/2013 8:45:00 AM

FAB product. So thrilled I finally purchased. I'm an NC15-NC20 in studio fix and number 52 in this is a great match. The studio fix makes me look a bit grey whereas this adds warmth. Have been using Revlon Colorstay Oily/Comb in 180 and that was pretty nice but a bit pink on me. Anyway would re purchase for definite

on 2/27/2013 9:37:00 PM

Where can I buy this product? Thanks in advance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you aim for a medium coverage, semi-matte, oil-free and radiance-enhancing foundation, your quest is over: this is the one.

I must confess that at first I was a bit worried that my usual oil-free requirement was not mentioned, but there was no reason for it - works just as fine (or even better!) as all the explicitly oil-free foundations I've used so far. Its consistency is not overly thick, nor too runny, but more like a balance of both which I find particularly suitable for combination skin, as it would make the dry parts look more moisturized without accentuating too much the dewiness of the shiny area (typically, your t-zone).
My skin is overall oily, not combination, but Healthy Mix is doing a great job with it too. I'm happy that I bought it in wintertime, since it provides a little more moist that has been very helpful with the cold weather by boosting the skin's radiance in a very natural way, not at all cakey. It is very easy to spread, glides gently with the brush and blends in very quickly. Another bonus is the freshly awaken look it leaves after you put it on, so beautiful that sometimes I don't even feel the urge of putting on some concealer. Of course, I never skip loose powdering my face to help the make up to set, but that's how oily skin works.
All summed up and presented in a clever and hygienic container (a plastic pump bottle) equals one of the best purchases I've ever made. Worth every penny.

on 2/22/2013 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is the bomb! Leaves my sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin looking smooth and radiant, and dewy. It blends in to the skin instantly. I can work it in in seconds with either fingers or a brush and even with my super-magnifying mirror I can't see it on my skin. Coverage is light to medium, so I do have to take extra care with concealing, especially around my eyes. It lasts all day, and more importantly, looks good all day (I've never had so many compliments on my skin!). It never gets flaky or blotchy. My only quibble: No SPF. Other than that, it's nothing short of totally fabulous.

Sadly, Healthy Mix is too dewy for my oily skin in really humid weather, even with a mattifier underneath, so I won't be able to use it in the warmer months. I'll miss it!

on 2/17/2013 2:45:00 PM

This ir really great foundation.I think this is realy better then Dior and Chanel,( I tried many of expensive foundations) , I strongly recommend buy this foundation before trying something more expensive :)

on 2/13/2013 7:26:00 PM

HG. This is the foundation that reinstated my confidence in the wonders of drugstore makeup and started a whole new love affair with affordable foundations. I am a NC30 with golden undertones and 53 is a perfect match. (In the summer months, I get very tanned so I gradually change to 55 and even 58 at my darkest. All of them are perfect, seamless matches.) Although I have combination skin that can get shiny around my T zone, I find Healthy Mix stays on beautifully and doesn't get patchy or shiny. I apply it with whatever comes handy that day, a BeautyBlender, Boots No.17 foundation brush, Sigma F80 or 84 or plain fingers and although all of them yield different coverage, the end result is always a unified, seamless, glowing complexion. I would say it has medium to full coverage and you need to start with a really small amount and build up as necessary, otherwise it tends to weigh down the skin a bit. I found that BeautyBlender and Sigma F84 give the most flawless yet natural looking coverage. I usually set it with Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Real Sand and just love, love the result. Recently I switched to Healthy Mix Serum for daily use, which is also a truly amazing product and will review that as well.

This is a great foundation. its my go to foundation , it never lets me down and i always feel flawless and radiant. (i always set with powder so i get a matte finish ) it last through out the day ( not as flawless as when you put it on , but still pretty good ) makes my skill look awake and healthy . doesnt patch , doesnt slide, doesnt cause breakouts , im a 52 (maybe a little light ) but i love it! the only con which is why i didnt get a 5/5 is because to me it eels a little heavy when i first pu it on, it doesnt look cakey but it feels like it for the first hour or so, but setting it with a powder really helps that feeling.
defiantly will repurchase even tho over hear in australia its $32 i LOVE IT! recommended definatly !

Video Reviews & Tutorials