Dior lip maximizer

4.2

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Received this as a gift and I definitely plan on repurchasing. This outlast my MAC glosses minus the drying effects. I only wear it by itself when I just want to keep it basic for a day and it gives me lips a nice glossy finish without looking gooey.

on 3/25/2014 5:02:00 PM

I mainly use this as a lip treatment day and night. My main concern is the lines on my lips that cause lipstick to sink in and using this lip treatment before lipstick helps prevent that. It also makes my lipstick last longer. I sometimes also use this as a gloss on top of lipstick where it also helps prolong the wear of my lipstick and add a nice juicy glossy look. In addition, I love this maximizer as it is the ONLY lip treatment I can apply at night and wake up with moisturized/ un-chapped lips! Tried loads of different lip balms like burts bees, YSL, etc. but they all don't work. Even though this is marketed as a lip maximizer, I think I use it almost like a lip balm since it is so moisturizing and I don't really care amount the plumping effects as much. I do feel that this is expensive given the amount of product. The scent is really nice and the tingling sensation is quite pleasant as well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I don't really write reviews for products but I had to say something about this one. This stuff is so expensive but it's worth every penny. When I first tried it I was like "Okay... it tingles a bit and makes my lips glossy... could have bought any other lip gloss" and I kinda ignored it and was peeved that I spent my gift card on something that I probably wasn't going to use often. However, I recently picked it back up and started putting it on everyday and I SWEAR this product is making my lips look way better. I wouldn't say they look bigger, but it just makes your lips look BETTER. Not sure if anyone else will notice, but I do.

I was reading other reviews on here and someone said that this makes your lips ready for lipstick and I totally agree! I haven't tried it as a nighttime lip treatment yet, but that would be a great idea considering the benefits it gives during the day. As a plus, this makes your lips look pretty while it's on - glossy, not sticky, and it's a perfect shade of pink.

I'm in love! I seriously don't have anything bad to say about this product =D

on 2/28/2014 9:33:00 PM

This has become an absolute Holy Grail product for me :-)

PROS:
Gorgeous, gorgeous packaging. Sophisticated yet still really pretty. It actually does make my lips look a bit plumper - not a huge difference but enough to make me happy since I've got thin lips. It's moisturising and smooths out the lines on my lips to make them look smoother.

It's really nice on it's own for naturally glossy lips (but not too glossy!), but I prefer to wear it over my Dior Addict Colour Reviver Balm - the two products combined creates a perfect look for me to wear to work. If I were to wear it out during the evening I would wear it under a lipstick.

It has a faint scent of mint & vanilla which is very pleasant. No taste. It tingles on my lips which is also a pleasant sensation. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate me at all.

It's not sticky, it has a nice texture - thick and luxurious.

CONS:
The applicator wand is small and I would prefer a small brush, but it's not a huge put off for me. It's easy enough to scrape some of the product onto a plastic applicator and apply the product with a lip brush.

It's expensive, however a little goes a long way, and I think this will last at least 6 months if using every day (which I'm sure I will). I will definitely be repurchasing this when it runs out - it's a staple product for me now and I'm so happy I discovered it!

on 2/12/2014 12:39:00 PM

BEST LIPGLOSS EVER! It's a pretty pale pink in the case and it's just gorgeous on the lips. It is awesome and although ridiculously expensive I repurchase and consistently finish them. This will actually plump your lips in a natural and attractive way for the duration of your use, meaning if you apply this 3 times a day your lips stay moist and full and smooth always. There is no taste and no goop factor. Once applied there is a slight vanilla mint scent and a barely there tingle for max 2 min. You can apply lipstick over it and use it like a base or it's almost like a sealing gloss when used traditionally. It improves the condition of your lips while looking and feeling awesome. I can't say enough good things and if you have thin or aging lips this is a must try.

on 2/2/2014 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Well,this is a nice gloss. Non sticky..makes my lips look healthy and luscious and it feels a bit minty,it does not sting.
But i don't notice the plumping effect at all and i have used this for a month non-stop.
It's already running out and i'm a bit dissappointed.

I have used cheaper lipplumpers that work better then this.

on 1/24/2014 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first time i try it and it almost feel the exact same as COBiglow mentha lip tint "found in BBW" , but the COBiglow one is thicker.
They do the same to me " i have a regular size lips (not too big and not tiny)".
Well, i'll use it beacse it feels good and refreshing , but wouldn't repurchase it.

on 1/16/2014 2:32:00 AM

I love it! got it from my boyfriend a month ago and it has become my staple items in my makeup bag. It makes my lips smooth, supple and soft. But those with sensitive lips has to be aware of the plumping ingredients! I have no issues with that and will definitely repurchase it after it runs out.

on 1/2/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First up, this product is just lovely to apply and creates a natural light pink sheen. It has a slightly minty tingle and does not irritate my lips like other lip enhancer glosses do. However, it is clearly a lip treatment rather than a topical quick-fix to increase your lip size through the use of irritants. As such, this product really only "Maximises" your lips through promoting softness (thus plumpness) rather than swelling them up. If you are looking for an immediate result, you won't get one. However, if you are patient and diligent about applying it, you'll notice an improvement in the overall quality of the skin in your lip area.

In short, you'd need to think of it as a regular application, and longer-term investment product when looking for signs of improvement.

I'm not sure why Dior has chosen a sponge applicator for this product as all their other glosses have the little brush which is so much more effective. The other drawback is that the staying power is pretty poor - one sip of a hot drink and it transfers from your lips to the cup.

The packaging and presentation is stylish, and I keep it in my handbag at all times. I get my lips augmented every 3 months with fillers, and this product in tandem with the Dior rose balm seems to keep my lips from drying out, and reduces the vertical ridges that I get through my lips when they are dry.

I'm on my fourth tube and will continue to use it as long as Dior makes it, but I think "Maximiser" is a misnomer. From my experience, it is like a conditioner for lips. It's also too slippery to put anything else on top of, so has no use as a base for lipstick or other glosses, rather it's a stand alone product for giving your lips a nice sheen.

For what it is worth, I have the thinnest lips you could ever imagine. It looks like I've tucked them in when they aren't enhanced with fillers. After having tried every lip product on the market available to increase their size, I realized this is only achievable through fillers. So please don't believe the hype! Topic lip enhancement treatments are really only effective if you have at least some lips to start with. If you're like me, save the cash for fillers instead and you'll get a visible result.

As an everyday lipstick wearer, I use this as a day balm/ night treatment.
It plumps sheer moisture more than size, which does make it seem fuller overall.
Left on lips overnight, you will be matte lipstick ready for an entire day afterwards.
I use it almost daily and will have to repurchase for night treatment purposes and hopefully find a cheaper alternative for day use. Balms and chapsticks do nothing for me and if you are the same, I'd highly recommend this.

Popular Lip Treatments