Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

on 6/21/2012 11:19:00 AM

Worked okay. What bothered me was that the little pieces were so hard to wash off. I resorted to using it in the shower. My favorite part of this was the packaging, for most products, I always have a little dried product at the opening, but this one, I don't know if it was just becuase of the texture of the product, or something they actually did, never had any spillover.

on 5/25/2012 12:43:00 AM

I like the fact that this scrub is all natural and clean. The smell doesn't bother me. What bothered me was after using it, my face felt extremely oily...which I don't prefer. I guess that's the point of all those natural oils in the scrub--it's suppose to moisturize your face and help your skin retain those natural, essential oils to prevent you from breaking out. I don't usually get a lot of breakouts and I really don't like the oily feeling. I was really hoping this would be my go-to natural face scrub I can use everyday but I'm sad to say, this scrub is not for me.

on 5/18/2012 5:29:00 PM

This is by far the worst skincare product I have ever come in contact with. I have very sensitive skin, but sometimes if I use scrubs very gently I only experience mild redness. And let's face it - sometimes dead skin just needs to be sloughed off.
I decided if it was Burt's Bees, it was all natural, and therefore wouldn't irritate my skin.
Wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. The second this stuff touched my skin it burned. It continued to burn long after I rinsed it off. I barely scrubbed (because I rinsed it off so quickly) and it still shredded my skin and my face looked like the side of a firetruck. I've never experienced that feeling before.
If your skin is at all sensitive, steer clear. Not necessarily of the brand, but this particular product might take your face off.

on 5/3/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i would have to say that this product is the worst product ever, because it broke me out and not only a little, but a lot. it is not pleasant to see, i look so scary that i dont even want to see myself in the mirror for more than 5 seconds. theres also a lot on my eyes' are, it looks so horrible that i have to wear my glasses all day to cover up some of the spots. and when i talk to people i dont even dare to lift my head up... my self confidence is now very low..

on 4/27/2012 12:15:00 PM

I got this as as a gift. There were barely any exfoliating bits in my tube, and it left a waxy/oil coating on my face that didn't really come off after washing it. It didn't irritate my skin or cause me to break out. I'll use up the tube, but there are better scrubs out there.

on 4/25/2012 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I like this scrub a lot. I have skin that is sort of dry, especially at certain times of the year. I have to be careful what products I use so it doesn't get more dry, and I have had some problems with other scrubs in that respect. This scrub actually leaves my skin feeling more moist after I use it. I agree with some of the other reviews that it is a bit more abrasive than some of the other scrubs out there, but I don't exfoliate every day, so it works out fine for me. I love the scent! I think that this is a really good scrub for anyone with dry skin, and the low price makes it even more attractive.

on 4/20/2012 2:33:00 PM

This stuff is okay, but nothing amazing. I use it only when I feel like I have a film over my face. It definitely makes you feel squeaky clean. But like I said... It's just okay to me.

on 3/20/2012 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my first completely natural facial scrub. I'm a fan of the ingredients and how it includes pure salycilic acid. The scrub itself is perhaps a bit more abrasive than scrubs I've used in the past. I find I only need to use a very little bit every other day to get the best results with my skin. Other than the abrasive particles, it is super creamy and light. There is a slightly sweet peachy scent, but it's intermixed with a bit of a rich "natural" smell. I get blemishes far less frequently since implementing this into my skin care regimen. I'll definitely repurchase this scrub as my skin has acclimated to it quite nicely.

on 2/7/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I`m a little conflicted with this product so far. It is a GREAT exfloliant but a bit too strong for me for everyday. I am currently using a cream one day and this every 2nd day. I love what it does to my skin though. It cleans and exfloliates but so far I just can`t use it every day which I would have liked to do. OK about the smell, it isn`t a fake peach smell but it does smell good! I`m thinking of also just using it as a body scrub instead of a every day scrub.

on 1/26/2012 8:41:00 AM

I like this product. I have been using all of Burt's Bees products for the past month and my (dry/red/acne prone/aging) skin has improved. This scrub seems to cleanse my skin nicely and leaves it glowing. I gently massage the product into my skin for about one minute in the morning and at night.

I also use their anti-aging oil serum around my eyes and mouth morning and night, and the Radiance Day Creme and Radiance Night Creme. It is winter, and every winter my skin gets crazy dry. These products, used in conjunction, have kept my skin impressively healthy, comfortable, and glowing. Not sure how they will work in the summer, but for the winter I am very happy with the Burt's Bees products.

That said, this scrub is probably not for everyone. Some will find it too abrasive, some will find that it leaves a film on your skin, etc. etc. But it works great for me... I am on my 2nd bottle and will purchase again.

Popular Scrubs