Burt's Bees Radiance Day Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Castor Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Kaolin, Parfum, Glucose Sugar, Royal Jelly Powder, Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Pollen Extract, Comfrey Root Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Birch Bark Extract, Spearmint Extract, Natural Borax, Xanthan Gum, Orange Oil, Lemon Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Lecithin, Sucrose Stearate, Distearate, Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase

on 8/25/2011 1:27:00 PM

Way too liquidy, didn't absorb well, too much mica, not enough SPF, not a great choice for a facial cream.

on 8/7/2011 2:36:00 PM

worse product, cause break outs.

on 6/26/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I usually like Burt's Bees, but not this. It was ... chunky, for lack of a better word, and didnt absorb or moisturize my sensitive, rosacean skin very well. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but for the price especially, I won't be buying this again.

on 6/5/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This burned the ever living f**k out of my face. I have very sensitive skin and am on the search for a daytime moisturizer with SPF 15+, no cones, no fragrance. This does have fragrance but since I've used other Burt's Bees products in the past with no problem, I decided to give it a shot.

Big mistake. I put to squirts on to begin with and it didn't spread and still felt dry on my dry skin. I added 2 more and my face started itching and burning and turned bright splotchy red. All in the span of less than 10 minutes. So I washed it off and am back to the drawing board.

Any recs that meet all the above criteria would be appreciated. I have dry skin, though with the summer coming my forehead and chin are getting greasier.

on 5/17/2011 10:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a review for the day CREAM (in a jar), not the day LOTION. I have always been drawn to Burt's Bees products because they are (relatively) natural and have fewer weird chemicals in them. But my experience with Burts products has been uneven -- I once bought a body butter that actually grew black mold in the humid summer. Never had THAT happen with a product before! I suppose in a way it is good, because they're not using preservatives and stabilizers that make the stuff last decades. But then they should tell us to keep it refrigerated, or something! And a prior moisturizer I had used, the Vanishing Creme (with marshmallow) did indeed feel tacky/sticky, and never seemed to absorb well.
But on to the review: More recently I've had better experiences with Burts, particularly with their facial care products. I love both of their serums, which I use as night creams. So when I ran out of my daily moisturizer I decided to try the Day Radiance creme. So far I LOVE it! The scent is soft and pleasant (not too sweet, which is what I hate in a product) and the texture is nice. It absorbs well and makes me feel dewy! And, no allergic reaction, which is a big factor for me.
Several reviewers said this made their skin feel oily. They seemed to be younger reviewers; maybe this product is better for more "mature" skin. (I'm in my mid-40s).

I actually LIKE glass containers. There's enough plastic in the world already.

on 5/17/2011 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I actually LIKE glass containers. There's enough plastic in the world already.

on 5/2/2011 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Let me start with a positive note, I love burts bees. They are natural and good for the body, does not have harmful chemicals. Sadly for I tried this product in a mini sample kit, it was all of the radiance products. At first the day & night cream worked amazingly, my skin looked so nice and glowing. After a couple of weeks my skin started to intensely dry out and I was sad to find that this is why. I'm not sure as to why it started so great then went crazy on my face haha. But it could have been my skin that was not liking it and to others this may work. I wouldn't try it or buy it again but I would say others should try something with burts bees :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This didn't really seem to agree with me, It's very tacky and doesn't seem to settle into the skin, After a while it just seemed to make the redness in my face more apparent, my pores aren't as visible and the overall tone of my face is good but I just can't live with more redness! It's impossible to wear under makeup or with a primer on top, no matter how much you try to spread it out - it just sort of sits right on top of your face. I won't be purchasing this and won't use it unless I have some major dryness and there's nothing else.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked that this product was organic, but I would not use it again because I found it left my face feeling greasy during the day. Instead I used the remaining product for my neck.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I received this in the Essential Body Kit and at first glance was TERRIFIED to use this because I totally thought that it would cause me to break out. A couple days ago I was looking at it and decided I should at least give it a try. I used before I went to bed being very careful to use it only on my cheeks where I am least prone to break out. It makes my skin really sticky after applied which is something else that made me worry. to my relief when I woke up my skin was fine. It did look sorta dewy but not enough to make me want to go spend $25 on a full sized jar. Won't repurchase but will finish the jar which I guess is more than I anticipated.

Edit:
I have been using this for about a week now and my skin looks SO glowy and gorgeous. When I finish this sample I will definitely buy a full sized tub despite the price.

Popular Moisturizers