St. Ives Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl, Glycol Stearate, Juglans Regia Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Prunus Armeniaca Fruit Extract (Apricot), Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Matricaria), Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Arginine, Ascorbic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Glycolic Acid, Jojoba Esters, Niacinamide, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Urea, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 7/18/2010 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This has become my HG scrub. I will cry if they ever stop making this. I had no idea that my skin could look this good without even trying. I decided to try it over the winter when I was dealing with very dry, flaky skin when moisturizer just wasn't enough. I was shocked when my skin texture completely changed and became smooth, clear, perfect and completely without the monthly PMS pimple or two that would show up. I only use it a few times a week in the shower, and that's all it takes. I never use the million moisturizers and other skin products I have anymore - this and the yellow Clinique moisturizer and that's it and my skin is perfect. This winter, I was using an EVOO/sugar scrub to get rid of the flakes, and yogurt masks, but this has replaced them both due to ease of use and effectiveness. My skin is sensitive and this does not make me break out or get red as long as I only use it a few times a week. I wish I had known about this stuff years ago.

on 7/11/2010 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

My HG scrub. I won't use anything else. It's gentle, but does the job, and my skin feels amazingly softer & cleaner afterwards. St. Ives has made a loyal customer out of me!

on 6/2/2010 9:22:00 AM

This is one of the products that I would repurchase again again and again !

Amazing scrub for the face as it has less and finer granules. I apply this on my face once a week, followed by a clay mask, and the result NEVER fails me everytime !

St Ives's best selling product is probably it's mask, they've came up with a lot of version, and I probably think this is the most suitable for the face. However, I would not recommend scrubbing too hard despite the fine granules...... reason being, it already contains AHA, a mild fruit acid, which does exfoliation, even without the granules present.

Texture wise is rather creamy, and doesn't leave the skin feeling taut or whatsoever.

A bottle lasts me for very long. possibly close to a year....as i only exfoliate once a week, but recommended recommended product !

on 5/24/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a fantastic product not only for the face but for the entire body. I have very sensitive skin and if I use to harsh an abraisive I get rashes and itchy skin galore so this is a wonderful product for use two to three times a week. My skin feels lovely, I am not itchy after hopping out of the shower and although it does contain sls and fragrance, my skin is also not triggered into insane bumps and rashes that I get from other lotions.

This is on my weekly grocery list as a mainstay!

on 4/22/2010 12:41:00 AM

I bought this on a whim cause I ran out of my Clinic 7 day scrub, and I was pleasantly surprised. At first I thought that i was not gonna like it cause it does not have much exfoliating beads and I'm so used to the other rougher scrubs that i thought it wouldnt work.... But it did! afterward my skin felt soft, glowy and renewed. It does not brake me out, it has actually helped improve my skin. The blackheads on my nose are less noticeable and I had a few bumps under my cheeks and I cant feel this anymore. Its gentle enough to use everyday. Good and cheap!

on 3/25/2010 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I do really like this product, fees very creamy and nice on the skin. But i have very dry skin to begin with, this did make me more dry, but i was using it pretty often. I will be purchasing another tube to try it probably only once a week. Really leaves your skin feeling clean.

on 12/29/2009 12:12:00 AM

My HG scrub, I love this stuff. Like dlamsw, I used another of their scrubs (the Blackhead/Blemish Control one) during high school, but use this one now I'm in my 20s, as a less abrasive scrub. It has smaller particles in a creamy formula, and with the AHAs, does a good job of removing dead skin etc and leaving skin smooth and soft. In saying that though, it doesn't give the perfectly smooth feel that stronger scrubs give (like the original St Ives formula), but it is awesome as a gentle daily scrub.

on 12/14/2009 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using St.Ives scrubs for a couple years now. When I'm in my teen years, I prefer the "invigorating" apricot scrub because it's gives me the "squeaky clean" feeling. Now in my twenties, I need something less abrasive so I switched to the Renew and Firm scrub. It's softer in texture but still does a wonderful job of removing the dead skin cell and reveal a softer and smoother skin. The scent is also fresh and very pleasing. Can't live without it!

on 11/13/2009 12:37:00 PM

I started using this because ive heard so many good things about st ives scrubs. i used it in the shower, goes on really good, what i expect from an exfoliant. After i got out, put on my Biore Duel fusion moisturizer, and i had dead skin just peel off my skin, like the scrub didnt exfoliate at all. And after i went outside, i noticed my skin flaking, so im not sure about using this as an exfoliant. My skin does feel softer tho. I might buy another St. Ives product ..

on 10/16/2009 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great scrub! It contains a low level of AHA as well as mild exfoliating granules, and is very creamy. Doesn't dry my skin out too terribly and seems to do a pretty nice job. The scrubbing granules are more of a rounded bead and not harsh at all - exactly what you want in a facial scrub. There were also plenty of them in the cream, so I don't get why people are complaining that this isn't a scrub (unless St Ives has reformulated with the new packaging). The product smells decent, and for $3 you just cannot go wrong. My skin tends to be somewhat dry and sensitive, and I have no problems with this. I use it 3-4 times per week after my cleanser. Also this is much, MUCH less harsh than the original Apricot Scrub (which still blows my mind people use that - may as well rub your face with steel wool!) I will definitely repurchase this scrub.

Popular Scrubs