Urban Decay Smog

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This was one of my first eyeshadow purchases, and after years of collecting (-cough- hoarding -cough-) a ridiculous amount of eyeshadows and palettes and other makeup, I can honestly say... this is still my favorite, haha. It's actually the only eyeshadow I've ever made a dent in. It's a beautiful, pigmented metallic gold-bronze; the texture is smooth and buttery, and there's no fallout. It's also long-lasting- it's not one of those shadows that just disappear after a few hours. It's a great bronze for nearly everyone (I've used this on a lot of my friends, and it looked good on all of them- Caucasian, Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian, etc. so it suits a lot of different skin tones!). It's the perfect medium shade- you can just use this all over, and it'll still give you depth (magically, almost, haha) and it looks like you're wearing a lot more than one eyeshadow. You can wear it on your lids with a darker color for a smokier look, or just use this in your crease for some definition. This is a great eyeshadow- just one shade works so well on so many different people, and it looks great on its own, or in conjunction with other shades. I love it! Plus, Urban Decay packaging is always so cute- this shadow comes in packaging that resembles a bus token. Really pretty :D

on 9/2/2012 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is probably my second none-used shade in the naked palette. I find that the colour doesn't work on my skin. I have fairly small eyes therefore it's difficult to find colours to both open my eyes and emphasise them without making them look smaller. I wouldn't repurchase as an individual shadow.

on 7/31/2012 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Yeppers!! And last a long time!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have this shade in three different palettes by UD and it's not a favorite! I wish they'd stop repeating this shade so much because it just doesn't work on my skin tone. It wears very well and has a velvet texture that is to die for but the shade is ehhhh for me. Mid-tone brown metallic with a warm undertone is how I'd describe it. As a lid color, it totally washes me out and looks harsh, but it's wearable as a crease & outer corner color. I prefer UD twice baked over this one because it's more natural looking for everyday. I sometimes mix the two together for a smokey brown eye. Would not repurchase on its own...sigh! There are much prettier browns out there that enhance my eyes & this one seems to do nothing for them but look heavy and dark.

on 7/16/2012 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

One of my favourite UD eyeshadows... it will suit all skin tones and wears long with a primer and not too badly without one. Really lovely colour, pigmentation and application. Think of a 'metallic neutral' and you have Smog! :)

on 7/16/2012 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

got this colour in my naked 1 palette. its so pretty, looks so nice on my skin, will repurchase as a single.

on 6/30/2012 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smog is the bomb! The texture is buttery and the pigmentation is excellent. It is the perfect combination of bronze, brown and gold. It is such an effortlessly sexy, smoldering color without being too dark. You can just swipe and blend it onto your lids for a basic day smokey eye, use it in the crease and to darken up your look in your outer corners. The list goes on! My personal favorite is to have Half Baked in the inner half of my lid, and Smog on the outer half, and blend the edges with a 217. It looks incredibly sexy and looks like you put a lot more work into your eyeshadow than you actually did!

on 6/26/2012 4:22:00 PM

Absolutely brilliant color! I'm an NC42 in MAC and this color is so vibrant and makes your eye color look extremely gorgeous. This particular eyeshadow is so smooth and easy to apply with a brush or your finger. It is also one of those versatile colors where you can use it for a simple everyday look, or glam it up with a smokey color in the crease for a night time look. Just wonderful!!

on 6/21/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I would buy this again in a heartbeat. The color is to die for, and the product goes on like butter.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Color: Rich golden bronze

-love the packaging: compact design with a lid I can see through easily
-versatile. I can use this as a light eyeliner for a shimmer effect, in my crease to create a bronzed smokey eye, or layered over a cream brown eyeliner
-decent staying power
-rich pigment

This is shimmery, but is not over the top glittery. The shimmer just gives the bronze effect

Top Rated Urban Decay Products