MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I use this brush with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and they are like a match made in heaven! I used to apply this foundation with my finger, (what was i thinking?!) but then with a bit a bit of debating about the price,i got my paws on this brush. If you do it right, it leaves your foundation looking absolutely flawless and feels like it improves the coverage and even the lasting power of the foundation. Its easy to use, soft and doesn't shed. The only this is that the price is a little steep, but nevertheless it was worth the money and i'd do it all again!

on 12/17/2012 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This brush is a good alternative for stippling brushes or sponges especially because you can apply easily makeup into the corners of your nose and the the eye whereas it's more difficult with other foundation tools. However I have to say that I prefer the MAC 187 stippling brush because I find that the #190 can leave streak marks but that might also depend on the foundation used. I use the Revlon Colorstay which is quite hard to blend already so the stippling brush is easier but nevertheless the MAC 190 is a good brush.

on 12/11/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product to apply my MAC Studio Fix Foundation four years ago. I remember it being quite pricey, but I will admit that it has never shedded in washing it, and the brush remains really soft. Thing is, I never was happy with the application results, but perhaps I don't have the technique down/clear enough skin. Having said that, I rarely reach for it and wish I invested in the 187 instead.

on 11/30/2012 2:07:00 PM

I recently bought this brush to use with my studio fix fluid foundation and I love it! I never really tried applying foundation with my fingers, but I feel like it's faster with a brush, and the foundation looks more airbrushed. Once you get the hang of using the brush correctly, applying foundation is a breeze. You should be using short, quick strokes and pat down every now and then. If your foundation is streaking, your strokes are likely too long! Don't forget to make the last few strokes go down so all the little invisible hairs on your face aren't sticking up. The brush hasn't shed a single hair in close to a month and I use a sephora brush shampoo to clean it. The only thing I wish it had is a cap so it doesn't get ruined when I throw it in my make up bag. The sephora pro brushes have the little caps, and I was able to find one that fits this brush! YAY!

I bought this to use with StudioTech, which it went perfectly with. Not sure what else it is good for, but I'm happy with my purchase.

on 11/24/2012 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was new to liquid foundation when I began to use this and i found it great. Now that I have experimented with other brushes I came to realize this is crap! It left my foundation too streaky no matter how much I buffed. To make matters worse it is expensive and its poor quality. After less than a year of use the brisles became detached from the handles. Total fail! Save your money and invest it in their 130 brush or if you are on a budget elf has a $3 foundation brush that works alot better than this junk

on 8/30/2012 11:03:00 AM

I have read some great reviews on this brush and had it and never used it because I'm a BB Cream convert and was using my hands. Well no more with this bad boy I have their other foundation brush but in my opinion this brush is far superior. I'm using it with my BRTC Blemish Recover Balm and holy grail!!! I never thought it would work but it does:)

A lot of people don't like that BRTC because it's hard to blend but not with this brush! Seriously no streaks when you use the mid part of the bristles and gently pat when done or I pat while I work. It made me skin look better and I didn't have to use my hands which, was nice because otherwise you know the deal you have to get it off before you finish your makeup cause it gets everywhere. It also this is silly but I can put on my makeup without taking out my nose ring because the brush goes right around it. Ha I luv that! :D

With this brush I find myself getting done much faster! The application is smooth and no lines when you use the mid part to blend. If you want to go light i use the top but I pat my skin and it removes any trace of brush handiwork:) If you use BB Cream you should pat anyway which I find makes it look really good. Right now this brush is brand new but I would repurchase as I'm a beauty junky and would get it for serious makeup lovers only. It's to expensive to have and not use.

It really is that good! I'm so happy I read the reviews here because you ladies did not steer me wrong.:)

on 7/14/2012 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this brush so much! before I bought this brush, i usually use my own hand or sponge to put on liquid foundation. I have oily skin and I sweat easily and whenever I used my hand to put on foundation, it obviously give me an uneven-spread of foundation on my face! But I used this brush just now! and the result is surprisingly awesome! Now I believe why my bestie recommended me to use a foundation brush!!!! this definitely delight u guys!!!!! A MUST HAVE FOUNDATION BRUSH!!!

on 7/2/2012 11:40:00 AM

Great foundation brush for liquid and waterbased formulas. When using 2 pea sized blobs of foundation and this brush, I get a great, everyday medium coverage. I dip the brush in the blobs and literally paint my face in smooth, fast short strokes, starting around my nose and brushing outwards towards ears and below jawline. I pat with the brush or a damp sponge all over my face afterwards since the brush will leave slight streaks. Other than that, it's fuss free and easy.

on 6/29/2012 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation brush. It feels silky smooth. The rounded edge is good for getting in corners around your nose and blending near the hairline. Most of all it washes well, not one bristle has come out of my brush. It has retained the shape perfectly. The only thing I can say for all MAC brushes is that the numbers & lettering rub away. I think that for the price you pay for the brushes this should not happen at all, especially since after using cheapie brands that had lettering- this did not happen. Other than that I like this one and others I own.