DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

4.2

olive fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosemary leaf oil

on 1/1/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This product is amazing! Bought on a recent trip to Japan. At first I didn't use it much, only for make up removal. It is AMAZING at make up removal and keeps my skin moisturised but super clean afterwards. If you also use Mario Badescu's silver powder use this to remove it! These products work perfect in tandem and leave me with completely clean pores and smooth glowing skin!
This is a HG facewash / cleanser, I love to rotate it with my other fav Checks & Balances by Origins.

on 12/30/2014 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample packet of this in a set that came with DHC's mailer. Not knowing anything about the brand, I was skeptical of its usefulness. I was able to use one small packet for two nights. I could have even stretched it to three easily. Out of the three products from DHC, this was the product that was stood out.

My face felt fantastic after I used this. It feels clean and soft. I am also prone to get cystic acne and small pimples, but I haven't noticed any new one even with this. It's pricey at $28 for 6.7 oz. But a little goes a long way. A smaller version may be best for those trying it out, though.

on 12/30/2014 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My favorite makeup remover period. Also, when you order from DHC, they tend to throw a large handful of samples into your box so I don't feel too bad about the price.

I really love this. It's mild and doesn't sting, it emulsifies into a milky consistency when mixed with water, and rinses clean. It takes off all my makeup. Sometimes I have to make a second pass to remove mascara, but I sometimes get lazy when removing makeup and try to rush so that could be my own fault. I'm not sure. I would repurchase. I like this more than Shu Uemura and Shiseido. Those brands, to my nose, are too fragrant. This is just plain and simple but very effective. I don't always use it alone, sometimes I will use it and at night I wash my face with The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil face wash and follow up with the Aloe Night Cream. But even when I don't use the Body Shop wash after I don't notice any extra zits. This gets rid of the makeup so any pimples I get seem to be just hormonal. You should try it, it's definitely a good buy. It's "pricey" but you don't use a ton and it lasts a good long while, so it's a good bang for your buck in the long run.

on 11/26/2014 7:07:00 AM

NO THREAT TO ACNE PRONE SKIN. i have acnes which would appear anywhere on my face and have pus inside. i start using this as i really want to clean my face very very thoroughly to avoid clogging of any pores with dust/makeup.

i use a pump on my face and neck. it is efficient in cleaning off all the make up. before washing it off, i also use it as massage oil to massage my face and neck to improve blood circulation and firm the skin. after i wash it off with water, i would follow with my usual cleanser (benzoyl peroxide 4% from my dermatologist)

does not irritate skin or cause any further outbreak. highly recommend. if not for the price, it would have been perfect.

I have never liked the idea of using an oil on my face. I don't have oily skin but I just thought that an oil would turn my skin oily!

I received a tester sample of this and thought I may aswell give it a try as I hear so many good reviews about cleansing oils!

I am now a reformed character who has been cured of their cleansing oil phobia and now visit the church of DHC Deep Cleansing Oil each morning and night!

It leaves me skin feeling super clean but without feeling stripped, it gives me an amazing moisturised, smooth feel after rinsing it and I find that using a moisturiser after this makes my make up go on stunningly!

Could honestly say I will always use a cleansing oil in my routine from now on, although I'm open to trying different brands as this is the first one I've ever tried!

on 10/19/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

M skin is dry and sensitive. I received a sample of this cleansing oil. It has a dry feel and doesn't remove makeup well.

on 10/8/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Add me to the ever growing list of people joining the DHC cleansing oil fangirl club. I started washing with another cleansing oil this summer because my poor, old (41), dry, sensitive skin was just in need of some serious rehab. Naturally I fell in love with the method, so when I ran out of the first brand of oil I tried, I decided to go ahead and try the famed DHC, and was of course not disappointed.

Probably the best thing about this, other than it's effectiveness of course, is the packaging. I love the pump style, and I love the clear bottle so you can SEE how much is left and not guess. Plus, save the little clippy thing for the pump neck, you can put that sucker back on and use it for travel to keep your bottle safe in your toiletry bag. My oil traveled safely on a 10 hour trip to and from Orlando with nary a drop spilled thanks to that little clip.

Onto the product itself. The biggest change for me from my first cleansing oil to this one is that with this one, it is recommended that you use it on dry skin, not wet. That is something that is hard to get used to, especially when you get in the shower and sort of stick your head under the spray immediately. You have to retrain yourself to NOT do that. At any rate, if you follow the instructions and use this product on dry skin, it absolutely works and works VERY well. It cuts right through makeup and takes it off, *boom*. It even removes Benefit They're Real! mascara (that's been applied on top of Cils XL primer, thankyouverymuch) without rubbing and scrubbing. I let it sit there on my lashes for like 30 seconds while I wash the rest of my face, then come back to my lashes, and you can actually feel the mascara coming off in little teeny crumbs. Kinda gross yet satisfying in a gross way, kwim? I will admit that I do a second cleanse after taking off a full face of makeup, because I'm sorta neurotic like that. *shrug* I believe clean pores are happy pores. My one complaint is that I haven't yet been able to use it with my Clarisonic and/or read any reviews (granted I haven't read all of the 1000+ reviews here) telling how to do that. I really love my Clarisonic and want to use it with the oil.

Regardless, my skin is hydrated, happy, and hasn't broken out at all (with the exception of the monthly hormonal gifts I always receive...yay). I am very pleased with this stuff, and absolutely recommend it. FYI, I purchased mine on Amazon.

on 10/3/2014 1:07:00 AM

I have very acne prone skin and I have problems using many different products to get make up off and for my skin. I was amazed when I tried it, I went to wipe my face after and there was no dirt or makeup. Love this product

on 9/17/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My God.....where has this been all my life??? I love, love, LOVE this product. Honestly, the thought of using oil to clean my face just grossed me out and seemed counter-intuitive. I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone. I use this product at night for makeup. Use dry, two pumps and rub between hands. Rub gently onto face and neck for roughly 30 seconds. Rinse with water...comes off clean and leaves skin feeling amazing. I follow with a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil) but I don't know if this step is really necessary. My skin feels so clean and amazing after only the oil. I follow this with my serum and eye cream, then I moisturize. My skin feels like heaven. It's not cheap, but the bottle is big and I can tell it will last a significant amount of time. Try this, chances are you will be very pleasantly surprised.