Laura Mercier lip silk

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil (and) Hydrogenated Butylene/Ethylene Styrene Copolymer (and) Hydrogenated Ethylene/ Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Dromeceius (Emu) Oil, Triacontanyl PVP, Cyclomethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Apple Extract, Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Isopropylparaben, Allantoin, Salicylic Acid, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben.

on 9/24/2009 4:43:00 PM

I used this years ago, I'd buy it, use it, run out and re-purchase. And like most products which work, I took it for granted and suddenly it wasn't flavour of the month and was replaced and I forgot about it.

That must have been at least 5 years ago and in those 5 years I have bought so many different lip balms, and I too have numerous half-used tubes/sticks lying about, in the promise of smooth, clear, comfortable lips.

The tube is a little unwieldy, and the texture is a bit thick, but this really does work and I am so glad that I have re discovered it, I already have a backup.

This lip balm really performs well. I've used various lip conditioners and lip balms over the years, from Vaseline lip therapy to MAC's lip conditioner. Lip Silk works so well for me because it seems to last long on my lips. My lips feel nourished and very moisturized. Love the fact that it's fragrance free. Other products I've used before seemed to wear off too quickly.

on 3/10/2009 10:21:00 AM

I never realized how much I depended on this product UNTIL I ran out! It is what I would call a lip primer/moisturizer. I use it in the morning after brushing my teeth and before applying lipliner, lipstick or gloss. It basically smooths the lips and makes any product you apply adhere better. My lips are NEVER dry and flaky when I use this stuff. It is expensive but a little goes a long way - in fact, you don't want to use too much. I have tried numerous other lip treatments and NOTHING compares! I have stocked piled this stuff because I NEVER want to be without it!

on 3/8/2009 12:39:00 PM

This is a gorgeous balm in a tube that does very nice things for my lips. I enjoy the unscented nature of the products, and how it makes my lips feel very soft - even after it wears off. I'm not sure it's the miracle that some claim, but it's certainly a repurchase for me.

on 3/8/2009 11:30:00 AM

so i was hearning a lot about Laura Mercier on youtube n decided to c if their were any of her products on ebay.
i purchased the lipsilk for 9 including p+p.
When i first tried it on my lips felt softer and smoother, there was no taste or smell to the product which was good.

I LOVE IT! it really helps with keeping my lippy on longer, normally mine comes off so easily and then i end up with white marks on my lips which looks terrrible. But if i apply this before it really makes a difference :D

deffo repurchase!

on 3/6/2009 1:39:00 AM

I really love this product. It's a balm, so it doesn't melt off your lips immediately like with glosses. It leaves your lips feeling velvety for quite a while, and even after it disappears your lips feel softer.

There's no detectable taste, which is really nice. Probably too expensive for what it is, but if you're looking for something to throw on au naturel and have your lips look good, or to put on over lipstick, it's great.

on 1/15/2009 3:38:00 AM

I have 19 lip balms in my bedside drawer. I just counted. But now that I've discovered Lip Silk, I can reduce that crowd down to 2 or 3. I still like to have choices, and different moods call for different anything, even down to the type of chapstick I feel like using.

The count is up to 20 now, since I forgot to count the Lip Silk itself, and among the other 19: the Chanel and the Avons, of course, plus Clinqiue (ranks #2 of my faves) C.O. Bigelow (ranks #3) Chapstick, CVS Brand, Burt's Bees etc. etc. etc. Not one has worked as well as Lip Silk. Clinique's Superbalm Lip Treatment and C.O. Bigelow's My Favorite Lip Balm are very, very good. Actually I discovered those just days before I tried Lip Silk.

Keeping my lips comfortable overnight is particularly challenging. And this is where Lip Silk absolutely shines. It lasts me all night. I get more sleep thanks to this stuff!

Another huge plus is that it is not at all thick, gummy, or sticky. I don't really mind that kinda stuff myself, but my husband does. He doesn't like kissing me with all that junk on my lips. But I can smear on Lip Silk and he'd barely notice. It has a incredibly natural feel. It looks like vaseline, but it doesn't feel like it.

For me, it does exactly what I want it to do. I don't need to smooth my lips or plump them or soften them, I just need to snuggle them in their own "blankie."
Lip Silk is a comforting blanket for my lips.

-I wish I could apply it from the tube rather than from my finger
-it would be awesome if it had a flip-top cap instead of a screwtop

Price-wise, this stuff is expensive, for sure. The Clinique one is, too. It's $11.50 for .24 oz, while Lip Silk is $20 for .40 oz. Anytime I come across either of those on sale, I am going to stockpile. Lip Silk is definitely a luxury, but it's pretty darn close to being a necessity, at least to my happiness!

on 10/12/2008 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I thought this lip silk can help my lip to become smoother. Instead I don't feel any changes at all.

on 8/9/2008 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The texture is very much like vaseline gel but performs far far better. I use it at night and it gives me smooth and well-hydrated lips ready for lip makeup every morning. By the way, we turn on air-con every night in Hong Kong ... it is really good!

on 8/2/2008 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was really disappointed with this product. It did virtually little to nothing for my chapped lips.

PROS: It helped take away the flaking from my lips so it is a good exfoliant. It stays on all night so you can wear it to bed. I didn't have to worry about waking up in the morning finding it else where on my face.
CONS: It didn't hydrate my lips.

Popular Lip Treatments