MAC Matte - Chili

4.6

on 12/8/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I searched this randomly and FELL IN LOVE! why have I never heard of this color. I love reds and have been looking for a casual, workable orange red. Usually all orange reds can be so clownish and bright. This was such a surprise. It really is like paprika. And for being a MATTE , its not drying!. I'm nc45 dark black hair and its perfect.

on 10/19/2012 6:37:00 PM

Chili is a perfect orange-red for yellow undertones, not so much olive undertones. I have olive skin...and its a bit too orange. HOWEVER, if you apply the MAC lipglass in Shock-O-Late over it -- it will neutralize and tone down the orange to make it perfect for my skin. Brown is a neutral color and red-browns look good on everyone.

on 10/4/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

For me Chilli is a classic. It's new to me but I've worn it lots already. It's becoming an everyday lippy. Perfect if you want a red with no blue undertones. If you are looking for scarlet, post box london bus red then you will probably be dissatisfied with this this Chilli lipstick. But if you want an orangey red lipstick then I would recommend it. It's warm, not too flashy and harsh. Instead it is warm and soft. I'm an NC30-35 honey (benefit) with yellow undertones. :)
x

on 8/13/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a freckled redhead with brown eyes and warm ivory skintones (NW15). I'm also obsessed with red lipsticks. This is a very wearable red for day, and great for warm skintones. I don't see this color working well for cooler-toned ladies. It is a paprika-red: a muted, brownish brick red with *lots* of orange. It is a nice matte finish, and has great staying power, like all MAC lipsticks. I agree with whoever called this an "autumn red." I love this color and will definitely repurchase.

on 7/17/2012 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It's a little too orange for me on its own, but let me say I think this would be THE orange for me if I liked wearing a bright orange. Don't go thinking it's too garish. When Chili is paired with Auburn l/l it's a total 1940's red on me, which I never thought would be as wearable as it is. This combo is great for summer, especially with the whole nautical look. I also pair it with Cork to take it down a notch and make it an everyday red.

on 7/17/2012 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite red EVER. Perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. I line with Brick. Easily my favorite lip look. Universally flattering shade. Just watch out- it is matte, so make sure your lips are exfoliated before and after.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this color because it makes me look like the old glamour hollywood Marilyn Monroe. the color itself is on the darker hue of red but it gives off this bad girl vibe when i put it on and its not too dramatic that it can be worn anywhere. i never really felt comfortable wearing the brighter reds since i always feel so pale underneath it but this color is perfect with my yellow tinted skin! Great for evenings out and just days out and about !

on 5/29/2012 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to make this color work on me, but it just didn't go well with my skin tone. I still use it sometimes by rubbing lots of Vaseline over my lips and then applying the lipstick really lightly for a subtle red color, but using it as a dramatic red color doesn't work on me. Will be looking for a different go-to red lipstick...

on 5/23/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I unexpectedly liked this lipstick. It's a burnt orange -red color, and it's a very wearable orange lippie for darker skinned ladies. I usually pair this with an orange- brown lipliner like Rimmel's 046 liner. Looks great in the summer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I got this product when I went to MAC to look for an orangey lipstick. I was trying out Lady Danger and a couple of others but - even though I'm relatively brave with lip colours - those kind of drained my brown Indian skin and I knew I would have to wear a whole lot of make-up to make myself look alive.

The SA suggested Chili and it was a great suggestion. It's definitely quite a unique warm orange. I may wear it with a little brown mixed up to make it look more wearable. I would have liked it a bit more matte though.

Popular Lipsticks