Lancome Hypnose

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was a free gift with purchase. It was not very good so I would never buy it. At first swipe it actually feels nice. It is a wet mascara which I like. It doesn't clump which is nice. The wand was ok but nothing special. The issue I have with it is that after it dries it flakes off. It also has a strong fragrance which smells nice but I don't like it on my eyelashes! I can't imagine paying for it. I put it in my junk drawer. At least it didn't make my eyes itch.

on 9/28/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have tried so many different mascaras there's too many to count on both hands! I have a problem with sensitivity, every other mascara I've tried makes my eyes sting and burn. I decided to splurge and try Lancome Hypnose, I am so glad I did!! I've had no ill effects from this mascara and it doesn't clump! I can even wear it with my contact lenses. If you have sensitive eyes give this a go!

on 9/23/2014 12:51:00 AM

I purchased this product after reading many reviews on makeup alley. After having used so many different mascaras over the years I was desperately seeking something that would give me bold lashes without clumping. I was recommended this mascara by a friend and it didn't disappoint. This mascara is fantastic! It really does define your lashes without clumping. It's a nice black but not a bold black which would be a nice touch. I bought the non waterproof one of accident, and then later purchased the waterproof one, which is awful compared to this non waterproof. The non waterproof option does not last all day the way you applied it first thing in the morning, and although waterproof, it is hard to remove. It doesn't clump, give you racoon eyes or anything like that. So overall I would highly recommend this mascara. It has now become my HG!

on 9/13/2014 6:36:00 AM

Again, I tried this years ago so the details are fuzzy. I read all the rave reviews about this "AMAZING" mascara, so I had to try it. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect mascara. Anyhow, I remember not being impressed with this at all. It was just an ok mascara, definitely not worth the price. But I got mine from ebay ( I think) so it was cheaper. So, if you just have to try this then I recommend getting from a site that's cheaper, because you may not be that impressed with it.
As I'm sure someone somewhere on here has already stated, that Lancôme and L'oreal are owned by the same company so you can more than likely find a knockoff from the L'oreal collection.

on 8/31/2014 5:16:00 AM

would not buy any other mascara. this one is amazing!

on 8/17/2014 12:16:00 PM

This is a wonderful mascara if you take the time to make sure you don't have too much product on the brush and work slowly, applying two thin layers. I get curl, volume and length. Most importantly, I get no eye irritation. Many of the cheaper mascaras (and some high end) now use a rubber brush which is a disaster for people with allergies to latex (and my doctor tells me this is the fastest growing allergy.) This is latex-free and great for sensitive eyes. And it gives me the false lash effect without a lot of work. If it flakes, you've applied too much.

on 8/5/2014 5:14:00 PM

Got this for christmas, and it was perfect the first two times I used this mascara, and then it got dry and flakey, and just horrible to wear. I wanted to like this :(

on 7/23/2014 9:27:00 AM

I love hypnose mascara so much, it's definitely my HG. I have been wearing it for years now. I always find at first it is too clumpy and comes out too thick but after a while it's great. Can't recommend it enough

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hpynose is a creamy black mascara with a unique brush, it is curvy and has one side that is more spiky/comb like and one that is a plump curvy brush.

I'm sort of surprised at the number of negative reviews, I really think this is the type of product where application is key, if you try to apply this in a hurry you probably won't be happy. As such, this isn't a mascara I reach for on a daily basis because I just don't have the time to sit and play.

I comb through the product with the comb end and then go back over and layer with the brush side. I like a dark dramatic look so I go over the lashes several times.

I have watery eyes and haven't had any issues using this, if doesn't flake, smudge and comes off easily with makeup remover.

I would recommend this for someone with the time to sit and do a careful makeup application, it really is a lovely product, but maybe not good for every day get up and go use.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Total disappointment. Weighs down eyelashes, smudges within a couple hours, and expensive.

Popular Mascaras