Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue

3.7

on 10/30/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've tried this parfum at Marshalls and liked it so much I had to have it. Now I can't stop sniffing it on my shirt and thinking about all those bottles left in the store...

on 10/21/2011 5:25:00 AM

Love it! It has very fresh, light floral and feminine smell. It smells good from the 1st spray, not need to wait for the perfume to settle. The only complaint is that it does not last long, but I don't mind to re-purchase it again. It will never go wrong to spray it for any occasions, day or night. Chic and classy!

on 10/17/2011 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm not one to choose just one perfume but rather keep a wardrobe of scents. 5th Avenue is a classic, luxurious fragrance, suitable for any occasion. It's light enough for daytime but feminine and alluring at night. It quietly invites someone to sniff appreciatively, and ask "What perfume is that? I love it!" The individual notes in this are extensive, but include pretty much all my favorites. Lilac, magnolia, bergamot, violet, jasmine, tuberose, peach, carnation, and an unexpected dash of nutmeg, with sandalwood, amber, iris and vanilla creating the base. Carnations are one of my very favorite flowers, with their intricate, spicy scent that originated in the Near East. This, combined with delicious nutmeg and vanilla balance the classic florals, and although Tibetan musk is also listed as a basenote, I couldn't detect its presence. This is a plus for me, as more would overpower many of the more quiet notes, such as the shy violet.

I find this perfume to be very feminine, graceful and well-mannered. I tend to avoid scents that practically scream their presence, but this one whispers of romance and candlelight. When my husband was deployed overseas, I spritzed every letter to him with 5th Avenue. It was like sending an intimate part of myself, as scent is well-documented to be a powerful memory trigger. I've worn this perfume for 12 years now, and while I add other scents to my wardrobe this one remains a staple.

on 8/4/2011 5:01:00 AM

I loveeeeeeeeeee this perfume. It started out very loud for me (was about to throw it away when I first smell it). But then, it settles into a very fresh, delicate smell that is so intoxicating (was burying my nose in my arm before writing this review. lol). However, the cap is so annoying, it is so loose. I take one lippie out because of the cap. Overall this is my new favourite (after Chloe edp). Was having second thought of either giving to my sis or keeping it. Well, definitely a keeper. If u are like me, who did not like the opening smell, try this and give this perfume a few minutes or hours, let it settles on your skin, and u'll be amaze on how good it smells. Will repurchase.

on 4/6/2011 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For many, many years I've often caught whiffs of a fragrance on others that I utterly loved. I could never figure out what it was...I knew it reminded me slightly of Estee Lauder Pleasures, which my mother wears a lot, but it was much more natural smelling - like the fragrance on the breeze when you walk by blooming bushes. I can't explain why, but, somehow over the last decade, I've managed to miss out on 5th Avenue! I've seen it everywhere, and obviously I've smelled it hundreds of times, but I never knew the scent I loved was 5th Avenue. (I thought I knew what 5th Avenue smelled like, but just today I realized I must have had it mixed up with Red Door, which I've always liked, but never wore myself because, for years, it seemed like it was being worn by every other person around.) Today, as I was walking out of CVS after dropping off a prescription, I happened upon a new display with an array of fragrances on Sale. There were several 2.5 oz bottles of 5th Avenue, priced at $19.99, and I'm pretty sure this fragrance often costs $50 or $60 at Macy's. TJMaxx has been a bust for me for quite some time, so I've dearly missed finding good deals on fragrances. And CVS - who knew? I couldn't resist buying a bottle of 5th Avenue. When I got in the car, I chewed open the thermo-nuclear insulated packaging, and spritzed. My mood was instantly lifted because of the perfectly beautiful scent. The scent drifted back to my kids, and my 11 year old, said, "Something smells amazing!" He didn't know I sprayed perfume, so he was looking around to see what was outside. 5th Avenue is a lovely, fresh, sparkling floral devoid of sharpness or aggression. The topnotes bring to mind the very topnotes of Estee Lauder vintage White Linen, which I've loved since I was a little girl. 5th Avenue doesn't really smell like White Linen, but the hints from shared topnotes like lilac, linden, jasmine, and peach make me feel like 5th Avenue is a long-hidden part of memory. 5th Avenue smells like an impressionist garden in a hidden courtyard where quartets play gymnopedies in 4 dimensions. This fragrance, and its price, made my week!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Honestly, I got this perfume because it was so cheap on ebay- I got my 2.5 oz bottle for $12 and I felt like being adventurous. All I can say is that I got super lucky! I love this perfume, especially for spring! I've been looking for floral perfumes for spring that are classy and feminine without being "dated". This one fits the bill perfectly! It's a warm floral scent that is youthful yet sophisticated. I will be wearing it a lot this spring and highly recommend it! The staying power isn't anything special, but as inexpensive as it is I don't mind reapplying throughout the day.

on 2/26/2011 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

5th Avenue is so not what it sounds like (powerful businesswoman). I find it to be bright and fresh (muguet and lilac), warm and flowery (magnolia, peach), with a subtle woodsy drydown (cedar, sandalwood). More of a late spring day in the sunshine. Totally feminine.

on 2/22/2011 1:13:00 PM

CAUTION: MAN MAGNET!
Seriously--it is. I tried this on and thought, "Hm, light floral, pretty, somewhat sophisticated, nothing special." On my way out of the store, I was stopped by a man who asked me what I was wearing (with stars in his eyes). He told me how great it smelled. This had never happened to me before. So later I bought a bottle, thinking it must smell really great on me (plus it's a good every-day subtle fragrance when you just want to spray and go). Well apparently it does smell great--I have always worn fragrance and no other perfume in my life has gotten me so much male attention. And from all age groups. They LOVE it. I get so many compliments, it's unreal. When I've worn it on dates, the guys always try to get closer and smell, like they can't help themselves. (It's pretty funny.) I don't know what's in it, but damn!

on 11/16/2010 1:11:00 PM

just discovered this perfume a week ago..
Never thought to try, afraid it will smelt old.
Woahh, love it from the 1st spray, never thought floral can be this crisp. Feminine and clean at same time, not powdery as Bvlgari pour femme.
I prefer this over my Chanel Allure.. If only this last a bit longer, tho I don't mind to respray.. Recommended. it is a bargain at this price.

on 11/14/2010 2:49:00 AM

I picked this up cheapish and really thought it best just to wear to work rather than my good stuff. I find it boring and it lacks complexity. However, strangely, after an eight hour work shift I got into a work mate's car and thought what is that lovely smell? I realised it was Fifth Avenue and it smelt really nice.

Popular Fragrances