Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 11/27/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. I got this in the deluxe sample size for my birthday from a family friend, and I LOVE IT. It is seriously, amazing. It doesn't clump, it gives amazing length and volume to my lashes. It separates them really really well. Overall, probably my holy grail mascara, it's is flipping amazing and I recommend if to everyone. ❤️

on 11/23/2014 2:12:00 AM

This mascara is my go-to mascara!

The brush is thick, with plenty of bristles and short length so it is easy to manoever.

This mascara, when applied with minimal product (don't over coat the brush in product), is wonderful when gradually applied over and over - it creates a feathery, natural look and adds that touch of intense but natural looking colour to your lashes.

Lets say girls, if you're school is strict on makeup - you can wear this and never be caught out - saying that, I don't mean it looks as if you have no difference, you have an intense difference - it makes your eyes stand out and your eyes look larger and lashes fuller - yet it does this in a way that looks very natural and as if they are your own lashes.

I can never go past it.

10/10!

on 11/15/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This product was recommended to me on the mua boards a few weeks ago. I'm not a fan of the wand but the product doesn't irritate my eyes, which is what really matters. Also, it thickens my lashes and lengthens them a bit, which is nice. I can appreciate a mascara like this and will definitely repurchase. Recommended to women with sensitive eyes.

on 11/12/2014 10:17:00 AM

I've been using this mascara for over 10 years, and I love it! I've tried about 15 other mascaras over the years, and I always regret buying them.

Pros
- not clumpy
- lashs don't stick together
- easy to get off at the end of the day

Cons
- Dries out after about 3 months

on 11/10/2014 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is one of those products that I always go back to when I'm looking for an everyday mascara. This is a great staple to have for those days when you just want to swipe something on and go. You get great lashes, lots of volume, dark enough, etc. I prefer this alone instead of layered with other mascaras. I always come back to this regardless of what else I am trying out. I think this is a great dupe for the Dior Diorshow mascara (my other go-to mascara).

on 11/4/2014 3:14:00 PM

My favorite Clinique mascara! It makes my eyelashes longer and more defined without looking too unnatural.

on 11/2/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara does the job but it didn't really wow me. I have long, pretty, and sexier lashes but they aren't vavavoom. It's a great overall mascara, darkens, thickens, and lengthens. Brush minimizes clumping. No complaints!

on 10/14/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Background: Asian with straight eye lashes (lash curler is necessary), with satisfied length naturally.

Wand & Formula-wise:
It has a standard mascara wand, nothing fancy but does the job just fine even for lower lashes.
Good to use from day one unlike some mascara with very wet formula that need to "breath" for a week or two my ex-HG Dejavu), otherwise would make my straight eye lashes downward due to the heaviness of the formula (even after using eye lash curler).

Application & Result-wise:
It gives good amount length and volume, sure not false lashes effect but is very good for day and night time; also it is not clumpy unless it's toward its end of life.
I used to love MAC Zoom lashes that give super volume in comparison even looks like false lashes, but then it's quite clumpy and heavy for an everyday look that I prefer at the moment (office, semi-formal business event).
Dejavu on another hand give great length but I prefer a dryer formula and more volume, as it contains fiber layering would be clumpy.
Just for reference:
Volume: MAC Zoom Lashes (waterproof) > Clinique High Impact (non-waterproof) > Dejavu
Length: Dejavu> Clinique High Impact > MAC Zoom Lashes

Wear-time-wise:
I use the non waterproof version. And it never ever smudges on me!

Removal-wise:
It easily comes off with slightly warm water, so I usually remove during shower. No eye makeup remover needed!!!
I could never go back to waterproof mascara after using this one!

Life-time-wise:
Since I don't wear mascara daily as a regular eye glasses wearer. A GWP sample tube last me over 6-8 months!
Clinique include it almost every GWP! But I would purchase the full size if I run out.

My though:
My GH mascara for 2 years and going strong, great result with smooth application, and effortless removal! LOVE <3

P.S. I also review the Dejavu mascara and MAC Zoom Lashes (waterproof) if you are interested please check-out.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got it in Black (01).

Pros:
- does not irritate my eyes
- easy to find at department stores
- darkens lashes but not dramatically
- easy to remove (although I never had issues about hard-to-remove mascara even waterproof ones)

Cons:
- straightens my lashes
- does not volumize enough
- gives me a light raccoon eyes at end of day

Glad I got it as GWP. I like it but there are better ones for the price. Might repurchase in waterproof.

on 10/8/2014 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this mascara. It isn't clumpy, it's lightweight, it gives great length and definition to the lashes. My lashes are pretty thick and this formula provides the right amount of length for a nice night out while adding a little thickness.

One swipe on the top lashes only for a casual daytime look, two swipes on the top and bottom lashes and your eyes are ready for a night out.

I've never had an issue with smudging, running, flaking, or clumping with this formula. My skin is sensitive and very prone to break-outs, redness, irritation, and freak-outs of many kinds and I have never had a sensitivity problem with Clinique's High Impact Mascara. With many mascaras, you lose some of your lashes due to the harshness of the formula. I have never had this issue with Clinique either.

I cannot speak to the water-proofness of it, but it does come off reasonably well with a regular Dove bar soap and gentle massaging with a washcloth.

Popular Mascaras