LUSH Sex Bomb

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the scent of this. It is not overly sexy as you would think with the name. I find it sweet and girly. I really cannot say enough good things about the amazing scent of this bath bomb. The color it leaves is a pretty pink. I was surprised that this does leave my skin feeling soft and still scented. The scent sticking around was a nice surprise. I always find myself relaxed after using this. I do find this is a little overpriced though and for that reason I always break it in half. It takes away from the cute look of it, but I find this helps to save a little on the cost of the bath bomb.

on 2/4/2012 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Personally, I prefer the creamy bath bombs. I received this one twice as a gift and can't see myself purchasing it over the other bombs. Maybe to change things up once every two years or something. The smell is nice and soothing but, like I said, it doesn't make the water as creamy as I'd like.

on 1/19/2012 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Sex Bomb has a gorgeous almost exotic jasmine scent and turns your bath into a pinky mauvey to pale purple color. The rose petals are so cute too. It's so ridiculous I love it :)

on 1/13/2012 1:32:00 PM

Turns the water pink and smells gorgeous. It feels like a really luxurious bath. I love LUSH bath products and this is one of the best.

on 12/25/2011 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got Sex Bomb in a gift set, and straight away it was the one I was most excited to use. It is half pink, half purple and has pink rose petals in it. When you put it in the bath, the water turns pink and the rose petals come out. It's beautiful, fun and sexy. Sex Bomb has a jasmine-like, floral fragrance which stays on your skin long after you come out of the bath. I would definitely repurchase this ballistic!

on 12/3/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Smells fantastic. I could still smell it in my bathroom next morning. Does leave some residue and needs to clean up the tub after. Will definitely buy again! Love it.

on 10/11/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this. Fragrant. Pretty. Changes the hues of bathwater several times. Spins merrily once it hits the water, like a top. Leaves skin scented and a bit soft. Overpriced for sure! However very cute and worth purchasing on occasion.

on 5/24/2011 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you like the scent of jasmine or florals, you'll like this. The scent lingers throughout my bathroom all day once this bath-bomb hits the water. It's not a very heavy scent though - very clean/fresh smelling and is not headache inducing. It fizzed and dissolved fairly quickly and changed my bath water to a milky mauve colour. As for helping soften my skin, I didn't really notice much of a difference, but the water felt quite silky to touch and the jasmine scent lasted on me throughout the entire night. I do think it is steep for one bath bomb considering you can only use it once, so I probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/23/2011 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

So, the reasons I LIKE Sex bomb: the beautiful colors it makes the bath, the cute little rose petals, the scent. The reasons I dont: doesn't make my skin feel any softer and the scent wears away quickly. Also bath bombs dont feel as special to me as bubble bars. I don't know why seeing the bubbles in the tub makes a difference to me but they do. I would say if you do get Sex bomb or any other bomb or bubble bar make sure to break them in half. Unless you have a large tub they will produce too many bubbles or too much scent and be a waste! Also store all your Lush products in the fridge. It keeps them smelling fresh a lot longer. Sometimes when I pull them out I can't smell them too well but once they hit the tub they smell as fresh as the day I bought them! Also, keeping them cold keeps the essential oils intact that way your product doesnt have to adjust to temp. changes!

on 4/15/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

You CAN break this by putting it in a plastic bag and hitting it with a hammer. Rubber mallets are even better than hammers, if you have the option. If you use a ziplock, you can stretch this out for 2-3 baths!

OK, on to the review: I loved the scent (a light, luscious jasmine blend that's very close to sugar babe!), loved the magenta water effect, and most of all, I loved that there was no glitter or confetti to make the bathtub an icky mess. I think ingredients are no longer listed on the LUSH site, but I would guess that there is a little bit of cocoa butter in the mix as well. I was able to rinse off and skip body lotion after bathing.

Overall, this was a very fun product that made for an enjoyable bath! The only drawback I see is the price. It's a bit too high for what it is.

Popular Bath Treatments